Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post Match. Pies thump Giants. All comments.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Uncle Jack Virgo

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2023 3:00 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Hitchhiker wrote:
Magpietothemax wrote:
Pies2016 wrote:
Markov is another one who is getting better with every game and he covers the ground so quickly to lend support. Love his second efforts and he’s just another player who has lifted his game to a new level in this side. I don’t have him as a best 22 player but it’s not often you trot out your best 22 in August or September anyway.

Yes, likewise, I thought Markov was great tonight. His pace and rebound were invaluable as well as his defensive mindset. I guess that if Lipinski were available tomorrow, Markov would be the one to make way, but he still has ample opportunity over the next few weeks to prove that he should retain his spot.

I was also very impressed with Markov today. I watched the game on Kayo and one commentator mentioned that the Pies game plan suited Markov, and yeah, with his pace and desperation, I'd have to agree

Disposals Markov 16, Crisp 15.

I feel almost blasphemous to suggest it, but Markov is improving and Crisp hasn't been as destructive as previous seasons.

Who makes way when Howe is ready?
pietillidie 

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2023 3:58 am

^On Fly's interview above, love that he told Bobby he would play so (incredibly) early. No messing about with people's minds. Set a player up for the week and back him in. Superb coaching.
pietillidie 

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2023 4:11 am

On Fly's presser, this caught my eye today as it has in recent weeks:

Pretty convincing win in the end. You seemed to put your foot down in the first half and end the game then and there?

Quote:
"We went into the game knowing that you have to play the minutes against them [GWS]...but the third quarter was pivotal because I knew they'd come in some capacity, but it was a bit of an arm wrestle."

One of the things that impresses me most about our play is how hard we are to hurt now. Sides can get the upper hand for a time, as they naturally do in footy, but they're not hurting us like they used to. The structure, pressure and discipline just wears them down by making everything hard for them.

If you think back, at our worst with Bucks and even MM in some years, it was us getting mini-runs but being unable to hurt the opponent. Remember we used to go on about our bad kicking back in those days? Notice oppo coaches now lament the same thing? It's because we have the game in control, and weary them, so they have to make a huge effort to get that run on. The result is what they think is just wayward kicking, when it's much bigger than that.

BazBoy 

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2023 8:33 am

Although I never watched game I saw the singing of team song

All the boys got the mothers into the circle to join with the

Gee I love everything that’s happening with us

Pies2016 

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2023 8:40 am

pietillidie wrote:
^On Fly's interview above, love that he told Bobby he would play so (incredibly) early. No messing about with people's minds. Set a player up for the week and back him in. Superb coaching.

There’s a lesson to be learnt about team selection with those comments. You don’t go dropping a player because of one bad game. That type of selection creates nervous players who come into the team knowing they’re out again the moment they make a blue. It also creates dissent amongst others who miss out because they believe a player who did play and didn’t perform should be demoted immediately like they were. You have to give an elevated player a chance to succeed and own the position. If you don’t cut it after three or four weeks, then the conversations about being demoted are much easier to have and more easily understood.
stoliboy Cancer

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2023 8:52 am

Structurally this was our best win for the season.

- Mason winning the hit outs.
- JDG & Mitchell winning the clearances
- Small forwards kicking (Elliot 3, Ginnivan 2, Hill 2)
- Mason marking it everywhere especially as a target down forward
- Naicos 40 possession game
- Moore as always brilliant down back
- Miochek and Ash targets down forward

Add to that being 7 goals up at 3QT and winning by 11 goals lovely.

I also thought there is still a lot of improvement in this team. And still a bunch of good players to return.

Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2023 9:00 am

GWS had lost 5 previous games this season, none by more than 21 points - so, putting their lights out with such ease was a tremendous thing. Ant the 'pies did it at both ends of the ground - it was the highest score kicked against GWS this season and the lowest score kicked by them, as well.
slangman 

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2023 11:56 am

We did what we had to do!!!
23 YIPPEE!!! 

YIPPEE 23!!!

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2023 12:53 pm

Like to know what was the centre clearances and stoppage clearances.

I feel we were well down in these v GWS.

GWS always seamed to win it out of the centre and we had to create play off half back.

Not a very good game by Mitchell i thought he was well down and Noble was under par.

Apart from that most players did their job.
Skids Cancer

Quitting drinking will be one of the best choices you make in your life.

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2023 1:22 pm

Not a very good game by Mitchell Laughing

His 30 odd disposals included; 9 x score involvements, 7 inside 50's & 12 contested possessions. I'll take a shit game like that every week Very Happy

One thing, you brightened up my morning, I haven't laughed like that since Murph dacked that bloke yesterday.

Pies2016 

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2023 1:43 pm

Skids wrote:
Not a very good game by Mitchell Laughing

His 30 odd disposals included; 9 x score involvements, 7 inside 50's & 12 contested possessions. I'll take a shit game like that every week Very Happy

One thing, you brightened up my morning, I haven't laughed like that since Murph dacked that bloke yesterday.

It was an odd observation. Mitchell is also helping DeGoey to be a more damaging player by getting the inside ball out to DeGoey running by. It’s a serious clearance combination and they won’t get any worse when our ruck stocks deepen. Mitchell is durable too. For a bloke who is at the bottom of most packs, he’s always the first one up and ready for the next contest.
Mr Miyagi 

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2023 2:10 pm

Mitchell has been huge, we’re winning clearances!
qldmagpie67 

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2023 2:13 pm

Found it hard to give votes this week
Could have seriously given votes to 12 players and still might have missed one
We didn’t have a bad player yesterday
Some had bigger days than others but all did something during the game of note
People make some valid points on various players
I believe the trading for Mitchell is a master stroke gaining value each week
He’s a clearance beast coupled with Adams we have 2 real hard heads in and under
JDG can work his body at stoppages now and the ball gets out to Pendles Crisp the Daicos Bros Noble IQ Elliot to use
Pies2016 made a point of Mitchell’s work and our players abilities to play multiple roles
I noticed yesterday watching the replay
If the ball is in our defensive half Maynard would roll up to the contest to give us a extra big body around the contest
Conversely if it’s in the front half McCreery roles up and does the same
That extra big body draws a opposite player closer and opens up room for either a defensive rebound or attacking thrust
The more I watch the more I think we haven’t even scratched the surface with Nick D yet
His body is still developing but his footy IQ is light years ahead of his other development needs
His ability to read a opponent or make moves during games based on what the coaches have given him prior in the heat of battle is extraordinary
He has no fear to roll up to a stoppage and tell a Pendles or Mitchell or JDG to swap roles and he while opposition try to figure out what’s happening his off and running
I want to give a shout out to a player who doesn’t often figure in our votes or get the admiration of his teammates but seriously if we could transplant checkers heart into all our players we would never lose a game
He is the ultimate team mate
Bring the ball to ground no problems
Be the decoy for someone else no hassles
Lay a hard tackle absolutely
Give a Shepard so a teammate can get free with pleasure
Kick that goal we need under pressure yep he does
He is the guy who will be the first player in to defend a team mate and never take a backward step
How he was ever over looked for 6 or 7 drafts is beyond me
jonmac1954 

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2023 2:19 pm

qldmagpie67 wrote:
Found it hard to give votes this week
Could have seriously given votes to 12 players and still might have missed one
We didn’t have a bad player yesterday
Some had bigger days than others but all did something during the game of note
People make some valid points on various players
I believe the trading for Mitchell is a master stroke gaining value each week
He’s a clearance beast coupled with Adams we have 2 real hard heads in and under
JDG can work his body at stoppages now and the ball gets out to Pendles Crisp the Daicos Bros Noble IQ Elliot to use
Pies2016 made a point of Mitchell’s work and our players abilities to play multiple roles
I noticed yesterday watching the replay
If the ball is in our defensive half Maynard would roll up to the contest to give us a extra big body around the contest
Conversely if it’s in the front half McCreery roles up and does the same
That extra big body draws a opposite player closer and opens up room for either a defensive rebound or attacking thrust
The more I watch the more I think we haven’t even scratched the surface with Nick D yet
His body is still developing but his footy IQ is light years ahead of his other development needs
His ability to read a opponent or make moves during games based on what the coaches have given him prior in the heat of battle is extraordinary
He has no fear to roll up to a stoppage and tell a Pendles or Mitchell or JDG to swap roles and he while opposition try to figure out what’s happening his off and running
I want to give a shout out to a player who doesn’t often figure in our votes or get the admiration of his teammates but seriously if we could transplant checkers heart into all our players we would never lose a game
He is the ultimate team mate
Bring the ball to ground no problems
Be the decoy for someone else no hassles
Lay a hard tackle absolutely
Give a Shepard so a teammate can get free with pleasure
Kick that goal we need under pressure yep he does
He is the guy who will be the first player in to defend a team mate and never take a backward step
How he was ever over looked for 6 or 7 drafts is beyond me

Agree with all.
As for Checkers he was overlooked because the media thought police labelled him as sub-standard.
They never learn because they are - in effect (due to conservative party protection) above the law and are free to slander with utter impunity.
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2023 2:48 pm

pietillidie wrote:

Agreed 👍

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 4 of 6   

Jump to: