Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Pre-Match. Pies v. Blues. All comments.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 9, 10, 11  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
23 YIPPEE!!! 

YIPPEE 23!!!

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2023 12:27 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

FB: Marcov Moore Noble
CB: Maynard Murphy Pendles
C: J Daicos Adams WHE
CF: Hill Checkers N Daicos
FF: McCreery Cox Ginny
R: Cameron Mitchell JDG
INT: Crisp Side Quaynor Johnson (if cleared from injury) if not then McInnes or Ruscoe
SUB: Elliott

Another big game.

This is the good old blockbuster and a half this one.

Should attract 90k at the mcg for this match.

We played on our terms v gws and do feel we are starting gmaes better now.

Another hard game Blues will throw everything at us as if they lose i feel their season looking likely gone.

Having said that they are 9th so they arent done with yet.

If Johnson does not come up and is not cleared of injury then ill pick ruscoe or mcinnes.

Like Elliott as sub.

To me the Collingwood team these days is a hard one to break into and getting harder by the week. A good problem to have.

Like some time soon trying out the likes of McRae and Allan and Jacob Ryan in the afl.

I feel it will be North game they could get a look in.

But for the Carlton game im tipping Pies to win by 21 points.
Magpietothemax Taurus

magpietothemax

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2023 12:27 pm

No doubt this is Carlton's GF. They have their 1 point loss last year to avenge against us, and they are being scorched in the media. They have plenty of ammunition available to get themselves whipped up into a frenzy when they come out on the field next Sunday.
This will be a test for us. They have quality players, and are capable of playing brilliantly in bursts.
It will be a finals like atmosphere. Great practice for us to prepare ourselves for their expected response, and for the finals themselves.

ANNODAM Gemini

Rebel Heart Tour - The Forum, Los Angeles 27/10/2015.

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2023 1:16 pm

The media is going to get right into this mob this week, (thanks Bullflogs for making our task that little bit harder - you’ll keep) that aside, we must not treat this like a walk in the park.
Nothing surer this will be their GF & we know how that has panned out in the past, not to our advantage, losing GFs to Birthday celebrations.
We need to start off strong & finish even stronger, no letting up, no silly frees that gives them an easy arm chair ride, give them nothing.

We will prevail if we go about our business & not lose focus of what we’ve set ourselves up to achieve this season.

N.Y METS, N.Y GIANTS, PENRITH PANTHERS & HOBART HURRICANES FAN.

WE ALL LOOK GOOD AT TRAINING, IT'S THE MATCHES THAT COUNT!
LaurieHolden Aquarius

Floreat Gymnorhina tyrannica

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2023 1:24 pm

^That's the 3rd week you've listed Marcov, he's clearly not going to get a game, this year or next.

Oleg Markov might start though.

MatthewBoydFanClub 

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2023 2:59 pm

The only good thing about Carlton I can say, is at least they have supporters, unlike the opposition we played yesterday.
derkd 

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2023 3:06 pm

Mark my words Blues are going to come out all guns blazing at us...the media is smashing them...rightly so for such a talented team on paper.

Would love it to be a easy romp...but I don't think it will be.

I think we have them covered in the middle....but gee The one thing that worries me is Carlton's forward line Curnow is an out and out gun.... McKay is great, but is so far out of form it is not funny.... just please don't find form this week.

I feel like (having watched the Bulldogs v Carlton game)things are not as bad as the media are making out for Carlton...when they run and gun style play ...they are bloody hard to stop...

Got to crush the Blues confidence and do it early....if they are in the game ...we will be in for another cliff hanger....and none of us want that.

Johnno75 

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2023 3:32 pm

It’s GF day for the Blues this week. I wonder if they get Friday off?
Ronnie McKeowns boots 

Ronnie Mckeowns boots

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2023 5:04 pm

schuey07 wrote:
David wrote:
Carlton undoubtedly already had this game circled in their calendar after what we did to them last year. Now it’s doubly so, given that their season is falling apart and the spotlight’s on them.

I watched bits of their games from the last two weeks, against Brisbane and the Bulldogs. In each they started slowly, but once they got a run on in the second half looked pretty unstoppable, only falling short at the final hurdle (similar to our dominant last quarters against Adelaide and Essendon but just not quite getting it done). I wouldn’t expect anything less than a tough, close match.

God I hope you are wrong. A nice easy spanking would be great.

Services are available....

I fear this game, not only because its the Blues, but they remind me a bit of our mid 2010's team that would randomly win against a big team, papering over the cracks for another month or so...

Hopefully they don't choose this week to pull one out of their arse...they have the talent to do it

Jack 'Captain Blood' Dyer
Charlie Oneeye Scorpio

charlie oneeye

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2023 5:17 pm

I hope the Blues come out firing, keep them working hard.

They are front runners, by the fourth quarter they will have even less ability to defend.
Pies2016 

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2023 6:26 pm

They’ve won four of their last 13 games ( plus a draw ) They’re no good and the only way they could win is if we were to drop our pressure levels for a large chunk of the game. That can happen of course but 90,000 at the G should ensure that’s not likely.
lazzadesilva Virgo

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2023 6:39 pm

Ronnie McKeowns boots wrote:
I fear this game, not only because its the Blues, but they remind me a bit of our mid 2010's team that would randomly win against a big team, papering over the cracks for another month or so...

Either I miss the point you are making or I have forgotten about what happened in mid 2010’s team. We won the flag so surely we wouldn’t have had too many cracks to paper over? We had a pretty fine team.

RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2023 7:10 pm

The big question will be whether we rush Cameron straight back into the side or give him some game time in the VFL in preparation for a senior return the following week.

I'd like to see him come straight in and play 2nd fiddle to Cox as our main ruckman. Then I'd drop McInnis, unluckily for him, and make Ginni the sub.

I can't see this being close. I reckon we will destroy them. Pies by 60 points.
qldmagpie67 

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2023 7:27 pm

We need the extra tall for sure
The blues have the twin towers up forward who work done the line so Cox can’t cover it all by himself
Cameron comes in immediately and can play 65/70% of match time

Pinch hit in ruck instead of Johnson but play forward as well he’s shown he can kick goals and take a mark
Anyone who misses out this week would be hard done by really but we need a extra tall

Personally I want to see us pick the quickest leg speed team we can because Carlton aren’t fast across the turf snd csn be carved up that way
There a 1 gear team
I would even toy with the idea of playing Markov on a wing at times using his speed to overlap run but also get back defensively
We should be too good for them on exposed form but form doesn’t always ring true in these fixtures
Mr Miyagi 

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2023 7:42 pm

Media piling the pressure on Caaarlton, this will be their grand final
doriswilgus 

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2023 7:54 pm

Yes,I saw the sports presenter on channel 9 news tonight giving a preview of the sports,saying ‘what’s wrong with Carlton,I discuss the latest news with Caroline Wilson after the break ‘.If that sort of coverage isn’t geeing Carlton up for this game,then I don’t know what is.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 2 of 11   

Jump to: