Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Pre-Match. Pies v. Blues. All comments.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
buzzlightyear 

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2023 12:42 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Geek wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:
If the club thinks he's ready, I'd bring Cameron straight it in and play him for 50-60% of the game.

Cox will appreciate some relief in the ruck and Johnson can do his stuff up forward.

I agree. Cameron may be coming back from a knee but Cox has only recently come back from a spleen. Coxy might have been great on the weekend but I'd still be a little gentle with his loading. Second game back can be difficult.

As a side note, if anyone here had just come back from Cox's injury, how would you have gone in that marking contest at the city end when he ran on to McCreery's kick, arms up, slamming his torso into Haynes coming the other way?

No way in hell I would have even competed for that ball, even if I hadn't just gotten over a ruptured spleen and a couple of litres of blood loss. Mase not only kept his eyes on it all the way into his hands, but took the grab, took the body hit, flattened Haynes and then gave him a mouthful Laughing

Gold.

Regarding that mark, he ran about 120 metres through the middle whilst we transiitoned the ball right on the members side. Was an awesome mark! Shame he didnt finish with a goal!

Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2023 1:06 pm

Take_a_Screamer wrote:
Stop Cripps, stop Carlton

Carlton are a rabble (so what are we worried about?)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jeo2coAX0L4

Curnow is a big danger, put Darcy on him, Maynard can take that McKay dork, all good. Cool

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
lazzadesilva Virgo

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2023 1:23 pm

RudeBoy wrote:
If the club thinks he's ready, I'd bring Cameron straight it in and play him for 50-60% of the game.

Cox will appreciate some relief in the ruck and Johnson can do his stuff up forward.

I agree with the conditional comment that the club selects Cameron only if he is fully ready to play in the seniors. Otherwise a couple of games in the seconds wouldn’t hurt him at all as long as he doesn’t get re injured.

lazzadesilva Virgo

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2023 1:27 pm

Piesnchess wrote:
Take_a_Screamer wrote:

Curnow is a big danger, put Darcy on him, Maynard can take that McKay dork, all good. Cool

I fear that the scum will fire right up for their GF status game against us. However I’m confident that if we play a really good game, we will win by 17.

inxs88 

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2023 1:54 pm

Rather Frampton back in than Darcy Cameron at this stage. Anyone remember how long Frampton was supposed to be out for?
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2023 3:44 pm

lazzadesilva wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:
Take_a_Screamer wrote:

I fear that the scum will fire right up for their GF status game against us. However I’m confident that if we play a really good game, we will win by 17.

Comrade, maaate, us Magpie Vets, never got over the disasters of 1970, 79, 81, the 92 Centenary match, the 125 match, ALL LOSSES. Last yrs last rd one point win, was a tiny, miniscule bit of payback, but its not enough, nowhere near enough. Win on Sunday, will help, but we owe them so much, though it did my heart good to see the pricks get 5 wooden spoons, this century, 3 more spoons, than us, that helped somewhat ! Surprised Exclamation

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Rd10.1998_11.1#36 

rd10.1998_11.1#36

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2023 3:53 pm

inxs88 wrote:
Anyone remember how long Frampton was supposed to be out for?

1-2 weeks as I recall? But strangely he wasn't mentioned at all in the last injury update. Hopefully nothing more serious

lazzadesilva Virgo

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2023 4:47 pm

Piesnchess wrote:
Comrade, maaate, us Magpie Vets, never got over the disasters of 1970, 79, 81, the 92 Centenary match, the 125 match, ALL LOSSES. Last yrs last rd one point win, was a tiny, miniscule bit of payback, but its not enough, nowhere near enough. Win on Sunday, will help, but we owe them so much, though it did my heart good to see the pricks get 5 wooden spoons, this century, 3 more spoons, than us, that helped somewhat ! Surprised Exclamation

Every minuscule cell in my body wants us to win with a huge margin but I realise that even though we are winning, we still haven’t got our best possible team on the field. So I’m picking us to win this game by about 3 goals. That’s one more game ahead of the scum in head to head numbers 😛

swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2023 4:53 pm

We defeated them by 4pts in round 11 last season, while in round 23 they kicked 8 goals to 1 in the 3rd quarter before eventually losing by the smallest of margins.

While we might hate them, that's enough for me to say we should still be wary of them this Sunday and it reminds me how this years Anzac day victory against another arch rival in Essendon closely resembled our narrow wins over them last season. Will the trend continue?

Their top end talent remains elite, are capable of being match winners on their day and up against a very good side in the Dogs last week it appears they showed some small signs of spluttering back to life as a team in that second half.

It's really now or never for them if they want to keep their final aspirations alive, the Carlton of old would surely lift for this game and while I hope some of you are right and we thrash them, I'm stealing myself for another nail biter.

Ronnie McKeowns boots 

Ronnie Mckeowns boots

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2023 5:03 pm

David wrote:
lazzadesilva wrote:
Ronnie McKeowns boots wrote:
I fear this game, not only because its the Blues, but they remind me a bit of our mid 2010's team that would randomly win against a big team, papering over the cracks for another month or so...

Either I miss the point you are making or I have forgotten about what happened in mid 2010’s team. We won the flag so surely we wouldn’t have had too many cracks to paper over? We had a pretty fine team.

Guessing RMb is thinking more of the Buckley era, particularly from 2014 to 2017 when we missed the finals but occasionally got up to beat good teams.

Yes indeed David, apologies for being unclear

Jack 'Captain Blood' Dyer
lazzadesilva Virgo

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2023 5:05 pm

swoop42 wrote:
We defeated them by 4pts in round 11 last season, while in round 23 they kicked 8 goals to 1 in the 3rd quarter before eventually losing by the smallest of margins.

While we might hate them, that's enough for me to say we should still be wary of them this Sunday and it reminds me how this years Anzac day victory against another arch rival in Essendon closely resembled our narrow wins over them last season. Will the trend continue?

Their top end talent remains elite, are capable of being match winners on their day and up against a very good side in the Dogs last week it appears they showed some small signs of spluttering back to life as a team in that second half.

It's really now or never for them if they want to keep their final aspirations alive, the Carlton of old would surely lift for this game and while I hope some of you are right and we thrash them, I'm stealing myself for another nail biter.

As much as I want to win by a comfortable margin, I think you may be right.

qldmagpie67 

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2023 5:07 pm

For me I would try something a little different
Before everyone jumps on a soap box and screams read entire post
In Cameron Ruscoe
Out McInnes Sidebottom

Cameron is a must if he’s recovered simple as that
So Ok first I think we need an extra defender who can play tall this week. If they plant McKay Curnow and Silvagni all deep at any time we will be very under sized
Ruscoe adds some much needed height down back with no Frampton available

It frees up Markov to go to the wing in place of Sidey.
Carlton’s weakness is speed they don’t have it
We would then have IQ Noble Nick D off the back line
Josh D Markov on the wings
Ginnivan Hill and McCreery up forward
It would be a nightmare for them
Secondly we have both Cox and Sidey approaching milestones which currently would fall on the same day
Both deserve a stand alone milestone day IMO
How many 211cm Texans will play 100 AFL games ? I’m guessing this will be the only one ever snd when you consider his journey to get here he really deserves to celebrate it alone
Conversely Sidey is nearing 300 and that is a rare milestone as well
What there’s been like 47 others ever achieve that milestone since the game began
Yes there will be more to reach 300 games especially now with the way players are cared for off the field but 300 games is quite a feat no matter what era it would fall in
Giving Sidey legs a little rest wouldn’t hurt either the miles he’s racked up over those years have taken a toll for sure

For me it serves 2 important causes
It makes us much faster across the ground v Carlton which gives us a much higher chance of complete domination
2 give each player a stand alone stage to celebrate there milestones

Last edited by qldmagpie67 on Tue May 16, 2023 5:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
Pebbles Rocks 

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2023 5:08 pm

Rd10.1998_11.1#36 wrote:
inxs88 wrote:
Anyone remember how long Frampton was supposed to be out for?

1-2 weeks as I recall? But strangely he wasn't mentioned at all in the last injury update. Hopefully nothing more serious

That's because he injured himself after training which was after the last update. Fly suggested he was 1-2 weeks away in his presser after the GWS game. Given we play NORF in the following game, I expect he will be given an additional week.

Johnno75 

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2023 5:57 pm

Sidey won’t be rested no way will they want his 300 game in Perth. Marvel is not ideal but at least it’s here.
David Libra

to wish impossible things

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2023 6:20 pm

So if Cameron is back in as everyone seems to be suggesting, who does he replace? Is Johnson's spot at risk?
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 4 of 11   

Jump to: