Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post Match. Pies blow Blues away. All comments.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jonmac1954 

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2023 8:19 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

shawthing wrote:
lazzadesilva wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:
Pleasing, got four very valuable points, should have won by more really, but the Umps made sure we didnt. Jack Ginni is now public enemy no. 1 in the maggots book, and it must cease. Yeh, good win, we started very well, which surprised me, and basically won it in the first half. We won, we annihilate Nth next week, for Sidey and Cox, and its onwards and upwards. !

I know EddieSmith is an umpire of sorts here, and anyone else who knows about the game, was that the right call against Ginny or not? I can only base it on my experience of watching heaps of games over the years and I think that was an umpire error, yet again against Ginny. I’m happy to be corrected.

A shocking decision Lazza! And as proof the whole 7 commentary team were saying the same thing. Lingy was adamant he is being persecuted by the umpires. And remember most of them were barracking for the Blues all day. No this is just a vendetta pure and simply. A disgrace. But then the AFL is run by human disgraces!

Once the AFL put the umpiring panel above criticism and outside the rules this type of thing was always going to happen.
the fuzz 

Fuzz loves Bruzz

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2023 8:23 pm

I just want to say this
I love this team.
doriswilgus 

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2023 8:37 pm

One more thing,We’re in a great shape right now.We’re exactly four wins ahead of where we were this time last year.So much for the football pundits who were predicting(or more likely hoping) that we would slide down the ladder this year.
Magpietothemax Taurus

magpietothemax

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2023 8:38 pm

Decision re Ginni was appalling yet again. It was pathetic to hear the umpire claiming in the audio that all he saw was an arm on the collarbone, but not above the shoulder. As others have said, the commentators were unanimous in condemning the decision.
Ginni is a fighter though. He gets up without complaining and continues on with the game.
I really hope that the club takes a stand against this blatant refusal to umpire Ginni fairly.

warburton lad 

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2023 8:45 pm

Didn't watch it- too much anxiety about watching us play Carlton.

I note that Mihocek is becoming a very consistent multiple goal kicker again- add in the couple that Cox and Cameron kick between them and a few from Ash Johnson, we are quite potent up forward.

It's not that we are kicking cricket scores, but because our defence is so miserly, we do not need to. I think Elliot might kick a few bags in the next few games.

By the way, how is Caroline Wilson's prediction that we will finish 10th at the end of the season looking right about now???

Beat North and move on to a game in Perth that should be a percentage booster of sorts...

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2023 8:46 pm

PyreneesPie wrote:
watt price tully wrote:

Channel 7 commentary 😱😱😱

I wish there was some way to register disgust with their commentary, but all that can be done is to turn them off. BT is the pits. Don't know how he keeps his job.

Darcy Moore is such an exceptional being. Great leader, wonderful player and so eloquent with the media. 🤩

My man Checkers kicks an unheralded 4 goals again. 👍He is Mr Consistency.

Loved how our indigenous boys had beautiful cameos - Bobby with his dash down the wing, Ash with the most graceful and majestic of high marks.

It was so fitting the Collingwood indigenous boys did so well: Bobby with that first goal and scintillating run and kick in the last. AJ with his superb marking and goal kicking today. Magnificent.

Magpietothemax Taurus

magpietothemax

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2023 8:47 pm

During his presser, Fly commented that Patrick Lipinski, Billy Frampton and Dan McStay are due to come back in the next 2 weeks, and are all top 22.
I am starting to think we don't have an accurate "Top 22". We have an extended squad of 26 to 27 players, all of whom could be selected as a first up choice.
The next layer out, we have a number of highly performing players who are biding their time for a chance: Finn McCrae, Josh Carmichael, Reef McInnes, Harvey Harrison. This will give us huge flexibility to rest/manage/rotate according to match ups. The depth we now have is just amazing. Where did it come from, when it seemed so fragile until just recently? It has been an amazing transformation.

doriswilgus 

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2023 8:53 pm

That’s exciting news about those three players. How are we going to fit them all in? It’s a good problem to have,
Meredith1965 

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2023 8:54 pm

Magpietothemax wrote:
During his presser, Fly commented that Patrick Lipinski, Billy Frampton and Dan McStay are due to come back in the next 2 weeks, and are all top 22.
I am starting to think we don't have an accurate "Top 22". We have an extended squad of 26 to 27 players, all of whom could be selected as a first up choice.
The next layer out, we have a number of highly performing players who are biding their time for a chance: Finn McCrae, Josh Carmichael, Reef McInnes, Harvey Harrison. This will give us huge flexibility to rest/manage/rotate according to match ups. The depth we now have is just amazing. Where did it come from, when it seemed so fragile until just recently? It has been an amazing transformation.

It helps depth when you are not carry three top-line ruckmen and you trade one of them for two good players. Lipinski is a great runner and he will make us more formidable again, unless we lose someone similar.
piedys Taurus

Heeeeeeere's Dyso!!!

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2023 8:56 pm

Jezza wrote:
COLLLLLLLLLLLINNNNNNNNGWWOOOODDD

131-4-128 😎

EeeeeeeeeeYaaaaaDaaaaDaaaaDaaaaDaaaaDaaaaDaaaaDaaaa.....

Jezza, where has the head-to-head thread sunken to?
We must bump it and restore it in all it's wonderful glory....

RudeBoy wrote:
A calm and professional win. I noticed a red 'STOP' sign held up by our bench about 10 minutes into the last quarter, which I assumed, was a direction to simply slow and kill the game. Job done. No need to risk injuries with a manic last quarter.

Cameron did well to get through the game. Darcy Moore was BOG and Jordy was magnificent.

Sitting pretty on top of the ladder is a nice position to be in.

All this and Moore!

Mr Miyagi wrote:
Yep game over by second qtr, all Carlton could do was flood and not get belted by 100+ points. Made for a crap spectacle in the second half, but we’ll bank the 4 points.

Yup second half basically painful to watch; as good as we were in first half - way too much kicking backwards and slowing the play.
But I'm hoping that was merely tactical due to Voss's putrid flooding.
Still, thought we were very sloppy by both hand and foot today; however a tough contest the Scum gave us, which actually serves us well, and gives the coach plenty to analyse and learn from during the week.
Rather annoyed that the filth finished the game with more scoring shots at goal than us, and same IF50s; at least there was no 8 goal third term to have to claw back from this time!

And here are: W9/L1, with two percentage boosters scheduled in the coming weeks. Should see us 11/1 at top spot with best percentage as well, by the time we hit Dreamons, most likely minus Oliver.

I think we have weathered the storm; now is the hour to slaughter the wounded lambs ...

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2023 8:59 pm

stui magpie wrote:
Playing Darcy in the ruck would be akin to using a Rolls Royce to plow a field

Yes but if it’s opium poppies in the field then Rolls Royce away 😜

Agreed; Moore would be after Cameron, Cox, Frampton and Johnston at least.

Donny Aries

Formerly known as MAGFAN8.

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2023 9:06 pm

Magpietothemax wrote:
Ginni is a fighter though. He gets up without complaining and continues on with the game.

This aspect of his game is impressive. Much.

It's a game. Enjoy it. Very Happy
Donny Aries

Formerly known as MAGFAN8.

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2023 9:15 pm

doriswilgus wrote:
That’s exciting news about those three players. How are we going to fit them all in?

We don't need to. Barring injuries, it's healthy to have those 5 or 6 young blokes to choose from, to add to our best 20.

It's a game. Enjoy it. Very Happy
Horatio Fin 

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2023 9:23 pm

inxs88 wrote:
Charlie Curnow is a greater protected species than the Barrier Reef!

schuey07 Aries

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2023 9:28 pm

After the first quarter and a half, we never got out of second gear.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 3 of 8   

Jump to: