Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post Match. Pies blow Blues away. All comments.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2023 9:33 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Had to laugh at tubby B T literally urging the Bluescum on in the third qtr , unreal barracking for them outright, then we boot our lazy 11th goal, Mihochek, and he just STFU, went silent for a couple of minutes, truly a wanker of the first order. LOL

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Damien Aquarius

Me Noah & Flynn @ the G

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2023 9:34 pm

Darcy Moore - 2023 All Australian Captain. Remember you heard it here first.
lazzadesilva Virgo

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2023 9:44 pm

Magpietothemax wrote:
Decision re Ginni was appalling yet again. It was pathetic to hear the umpire claiming in the audio that all he saw was an arm on the collarbone, but not above the shoulder. As others have said, the commentators were unanimous in condemning the decision.
Ginni is a fighter though. He gets up without complaining and continues on with the game.
I really hope that the club takes a stand against this blatant refusal to umpire Ginni fairly.

Thanks for the replies and all confirmed my suspicions about that decision being wrong. I guess the club finds itself in a quandary about how to handle this vendetta against Ginny. It is plainly obvious that whatever representations they made to the AFL as out this issue fell on extremely deaf ears. I feel that the club has decided to cop it and beat the opposition and the umpires each week. This nonsensical crap about trying to influence the margins to be close so as to keep the viewers engaged is rorting at a basic level and the only surprise I have is that there doesn’t seem to be a gutsy journo courageous enough to highlight this atrocity. We will continue to see this practice because it seems that nothing can be done about it 🙄

pietillidie 

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2023 9:58 pm

warburton lad wrote:
Didn't watch it- too much anxiety about watching us play Carlton.

My late father was the same, Lad. Used to drive us mad because he would transfer his anxiety to us by pacing up and down, distracting himself by pulling weeds in the garden or mowing, occasionally putting his head in the door to ask the score. He could only enjoy watching if we were ten goals in front!

Pie as a Kite 

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2023 10:05 pm

Piesnchess wrote:
Had to laugh at tubby B T literally urging the Bluescum on in the third qtr , unreal barracking for them outright

BT was criticised after our Brisbane game for doing the same for us when we were behind. Commentators try to keep one-sided games interesting by playing up the chances of the losing team. It’s not bias, it’s just TV broadcasting practice.
Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2023 10:15 pm

Very professional performance. Controlled the game from start to finish and Carlton never looked like troubling us throughout the day.

Would have loved to pile on the goals in the second half, but the game was already won at that point. We did well to take the sting out of the game early and assert our dominance.

Moore was brilliant. Nullified Carlton's talls with his intercept marking. Making him captain is looking like a masterstroke decision.

Loved seeing Hill and Johnson thrive today. Hill's run down the members wing to sell the dummy on Saad, followed up with a bullet pass to Mihocek was exquisite. Johnson's high flying mark in the second quarter was one of the big highlights of the day.

It really does feel like we're in footy heaven at the moment. 9-1 and sitting on top. A playing group that looks jovial and a coaching group that has transformed us in the past 18 months. I just hope we keep maintaining it and not stop, because we're on a good thing at the moment.

Looking forward to celebrating Sidebottom's 300th and Cox's 100th next week.

inxs88 

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2023 10:15 pm

Shut up Leigh Montagna defending Carlton today.
Mr Miyagi 

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2023 10:18 pm

Gotta love commentators who said nothing in it when Naicos got a tummy tickler, laughing it’s all part of the game, now they’re all serious and saying he’s in trouble and could get a week for the same thing (and nowhere near as bad as what he copped). 😂 How da fug do these muppets get six figure media jobs?
Magpietothemax Taurus

magpietothemax

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2023 10:25 pm

Was not aware of this before, but apparently today was Jack Crisp's 192nd game in succession, which has beaten Jock McHale's record set in 1917. Congratulations to jack crisp. What a player! Go Pies!!
Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2023 10:27 pm

A remarkable statistic.

Crisp hasn't missed his game since he was traded to the club at the end of 2014.

lazzadesilva Virgo

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2023 10:32 pm

Mr Miyagi wrote:
Gotta love commentators who said nothing in it when Naicos got a tummy tickler, laughing it’s all part of the game, now they’re all serious and saying he’s in trouble and could get a week for the same thing (and nowhere near as bad as what he copped). 😂 How da fug do these muppets get six figure media jobs?

The Channel 7 Casting Couch? Could you imagine Brian Taylor 😁🤨😂

BazBoy 

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2023 10:33 pm

With a marvellous coach & equally gr8 captain you won’t see that dismal display put on by Voss & his captain
gurugeoff 

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2023 10:58 pm

Always good to beat Carlton, 3 goals 2 behinds in the second half food for thought. Our greatest lead for the day was 44 points, imagine the headlines if we had lost from there.

Have to be careful of playing too many midfielders and not enough forwards
Johnno75 

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2023 11:07 pm

Jezza wrote:
A remarkable statistic.

Crisp hasn't missed his game since he was traded to the club at the end of 2014.

I think he is up to 197 in a row.

Meredith1965 

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2023 11:18 pm

Johnno75 wrote:
Jezza wrote:
A remarkable statistic.

I think he is up to 197 in a row.

Is it just me, or has he been quieter these past few weeks ? I hope we are not beginning to hit the cliff face with Jack.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 4 of 8   

Jump to: