Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post Match. Pies blow Blues away. All comments.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ANNODAM Gemini

Rebel Heart Tour - The Forum, Los Angeles 27/10/2015.

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2023 12:35 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

On another note, how good are we with Indigenous players in our side.
Reminds me of the Neon Leon & Krakouer days.

Happy days!

N.Y METS, N.Y GIANTS, PENRITH PANTHERS & HOBART HURRICANES FAN.

WE ALL LOOK GOOD AT TRAINING, IT'S THE MATCHES THAT COUNT!
23 YIPPEE!!! 

YIPPEE 23!!!

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2023 1:45 pm

Thought Carlton played well to be honest and clamped us down in the third quarter.
The game was done tho quarter 1
Last quarter just going through the motions and a case of waiting for the final siren to sound
To be honest Iโ€™ll be disappointed in the only 80k at the game should have at least got 90k
A poor time slot is the reason why
Good win by Collingwood but nothing spectacular.
Should have won by 40 points but only 28
On to north.
Then west coast.
Geek 

geek

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2023 2:57 pm

watt price tully wrote:
Magnificent. That first quarter was scintillating. ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘. Magnificent.

Ginnivan should take the umpires to the ACCC for restraint of trade.

Due to COVID this week (relatively asymptomatic and now resolved) watched it on TV being the first Melbourne match Iโ€™ve missed this year.

Channel 7 commentary ๐Ÿ˜ฑ๐Ÿ˜ฑ๐Ÿ˜ฑ

Doubt that would work but if it could be proven that the umpires' tacit endorsement of Ginnivan's illegal treatment was encouraging the high hits, risking concussions and eventual encephalopathy, then I would suggest that Worksafe should look at pressing charges

That'll *#^& 'em
Geek 

geek

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2023 3:18 pm

Uncle Jack wrote:

Yes, definitely a significant drop off from last year. He's on 192 in a row and 29 years old. Likely to break Jimmy Stynes 244 consecutive in late 25 unless his form continues to drop or he decides to do a Mark Taylor and sit out a game once he reaches parity.

Age and career decline is possibly a factor but I think it's mostly because his role of the last few years is being performed by 3 or 4 different players now.

Once it was pretty much just him bursting off half back and breaking the lines. Maybe Maynard a couple of times a game. IQ would do it here and there.

The arrival of Nick Daicos and the rise of John Noble, along with our happy habit of swarming through the centre square in numbers means less chance for Crispy to do his thing.
BazBoy 

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2023 3:27 pm

How Carlton feel I give no care

How they shit canned us after 1979 flag they can go eat their jocks

buzzlightyear 

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2023 3:40 pm

Did anyone have a clear view of the Ginnivan tackle in the last quarter? I havent seen any replay and where we were seating yesterday, we were obscured.

Was this another umpire miss or did JG do the shoulder shrug?

swooper 

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2023 3:59 pm

90 nice wrote:
Thought Carlton played well to be honest and clamped us down in the third quarter.
The game was done tho quarter 1
Last quarter just going through the motions and a case of waiting for the final siren to sound
To be honest Iโ€™ll be disappointed in the only 80k at the game should have at least got 90k
A poor time slot is the reason why
Good win by Collingwood but nothing spectacular.
Should have won by 40 points but only 28
On to north.
Then west coast.

Good points, except I reckon the attendance would have been higher if Collingwood home game Very Happy
Take_a_Screamer Leo

..No.5...Jamie Elliott....

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2023 4:11 pm

Are Brisbane and Port our only real challengers?
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger  
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2023 4:36 pm

^ I think our most likely GF oppoonent, should we get there, is Melbourne. It depends, of course, on whether Brisbane plays a final or 2 up in Qld. Either of those interstate teams could get to the GF with their home advantage but I think we would flog either of them on the MCG in September. Melbourne is a different challenge.
dalyc Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2023 4:48 pm

buzzlightyear wrote:
Did anyone have a clear view of the Ginnivan tackle in the last quarter? I havent seen any replay and where we were seating yesterday, we were obscured.

No shrug. He was hit over the shoulder but contact to the head was minimal. Most other players would have got the free.

David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2023 4:59 pm

Pies4shaw wrote:
^ I think our most likely GF oppoonent, should we get there, is Melbourne. It depends, of course, on whether Brisbane plays a final or 2 up in Qld. Either of those interstate teams could get to the GF with their home advantage but I think we would flog either of them on the MCG in September. Melbourne is a different challenge.

I was having a look at Melbourne's season form earlier today, and it's actually not as good as I thought. Here are the teams they've beaten:

R1: Western Bulldogs +50
R3: Sydney +50
R4: West Coast +63
R6: Richmond +18
R7: North Melbourne +90
R8: Gold Coast +5
R9: Hawthorn +89

I think we can safely put a line through the West Coast, North Melbourne and Hawthorn results, as most decent teams will beat up on them this year. Otherwise, they barely scraped over the line against Gold Coast and won somewhat unconvincingly against Richmond. Adding Sydney's woeful form to that, and I think the only win they've had that suggests they're a premiership contender was all the way back in Round 1 against the Bulldogs (who got beaten by the Saints by around the same margin the following week, for whatever that's worth).

Otherwise, here's who they've lost to:

R2: Brisbane โ€“11 (actually soundly beaten, but the long stop in play late in the last quarter made the scoreline more respectable)
R5: Essendon โ€“27 (outclassed by a fairly middling team)
R10: Port Adelaide โ€“4 (probably a better performance than most of their wins)

You can only beat who you play, of course, and Melbourne have been winning more often than they've been losing. But looking at that, I'm actually not terribly sure they're a top 4 team at all. At present, they're 1โ€“3 against the current top eleven sides and 6โ€“0 against sides in the bottom seven positions (in comparison, we're 6โ€“1 and 3โ€“0 respectively). I think Brisbane, Port and maybe even the Bulldogs are in better form right now.

We're also all waiting for Geelong to come good and start dominating (as they looked like they were going to a few weeks ago). I'm tempted to think they'll be our biggest hurdle in September, but that's probably based more on reputation than actual demonstrated form this year.

kempster65 

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2023 5:22 pm

Quick trip down for the game, sat with a mate whoโ€™s a cats member (heโ€™s a good bloke actually ๐Ÿ˜ƒ). Surrounded by a lot of blues fans all saying โ€˜if we kicked straight we would have wonโ€™. They are deluded. Apart from the first quarter and a half we never got out of 2nd gear, if they had got closer, we would have just upped our game. While not as exciting as last years rd 23 game, I reckon it was more demoralising for carlton, they were seriously never in the hunt, we toyed with them. It was the most comfortable 5 goal win Iโ€™ve ever seen. Rack up some more % next 2 weeks, then take care of Melbourne and have a well deserved break.
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2023 5:53 pm

Cannot believe a poster here, said he was not impressed with Nick Daicos game, should have look at himself. I have watched the replay and he sure played a very good game, not as good as some of his other matches, but still very serviceable. Some people are just so hard to please.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2023 6:08 pm

Piesnchess wrote:
Cannot believe a poster here, said he was not impressed with Nick Daicos game, should have look at himself. I have watched the replay and he sure played a very good game, not as good as some of his other matches, but still very serviceable. Some people are just so hard to please.

I had him in our top 3 players.
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2023 6:29 pm

buzzlightyear wrote:

_H5A4850

i got the whole thing ill be posting later, and ill tag the afl and umps on instagram

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 6 of 8   

Jump to: