Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post Match. Pies blow Blues away. All comments.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
makri Capricorn

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2023 6:30 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Piesnchess wrote:
Cannot believe a poster here, said he was not impressed with Nick Daicos game, should have look at himself. I have watched the replay and he sure played a very good game, not as good as some of his other matches, but still very serviceable. Some people are just so hard to please.

Nick’s ‘problem’ is that he sets the bar so high. An average game by his standards is still going to be netter than most other’s top games. Good problem to have.

In saying this, not sure what Nick needs to do to impress said poster?

robevpau1 Cancer

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2023 6:37 pm

Collingwood young gun Nick Daicos remains right in the hunt for the Brownlow...

He's escaped with a $3000 fine ($2000 with guilty plea) for striking offence on Blake Acres.

Incident graded intentional, but crucially was ruled to be low impact.
Mr Miyagi 

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2023 6:53 pm

makri wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:
Cannot believe a poster here, said he was not impressed with Nick Daicos game, should have look at himself. I have watched the replay and he sure played a very good game, not as good as some of his other matches, but still very serviceable. Some people are just so hard to please.

Nick’s ‘problem’ is that he sets the bar so high. An average game by his standards is still going to be netter than most other’s top games. Good problem to have.

In saying this, not sure what Nick needs to do to impress said poster?

Pendles used to get the same crap when he had a “quiet” (by his standards) game.
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2023 7:10 pm

Bloody David King reckons sure we are winning matches, but our weakness is we dont kick big scores, as the Lions do. our strength is our fantastic backline. He forgets we belted Port, and castrated the GWS. Anyhoo , lets show this ex Norf jerk that we can boot big scores, by annihilating his precious Roos. !

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
bally12 Aquarius

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2023 7:16 pm

Loved our first half but then Carlton switched their structures and were able to close our run. Possibly a bit concerning that a team like Carlton can shift the game to the (sh!!t ) way they want to play but as long as the team can acknowledge and address that aspect it's a good learning.
"Can't touch Curnow" was the umpiring theme of the day. Would of been good if the 4 yellow muppets told Moore at the start off the game.
Moore was superb. Murphy got exposed by the bigger Mckay a couple of times but to be expected.
Degoey doing just great. His power and decision making really making a difference.
Billy Elliott always presenting and doing a power of work.
Tom Mitchell giving us the clearance grunt we were looking for. Needs to flatten out his kicking a bit. Absolutely no right foot though.
Mcreery and Bobby Hill always dangerous.
Johnson and Miho offering different strengths. We had Carlton's defence not knowing where to look in stages there in the 1st half.
Nick Daicos learning how to work through a tag, doing great. His brother Josh got a lot of the ball but uncharacteristically made some bad decisions.
On the negative side, Tay Adams had a shocker. I'd be inclined to rest him up this week and replace with Carmichael.
Johnny Noble is all heart but geez he makes some clangers. He's good for the handball receive, and run out of defence, as well as chase down tackles and spotting up the 20m kicks, but as a defender he's a hard watch. Gets overpowered in contests, slips over, lacks penetration in his kicking. It's not a popular opinion as I know he has a lot of fan boys here, but I reckon we could do better in that position. Ryan perhaps? Admittedly the winning goal he kicked against Adelaide was a ripper.
Go Pies!
jonmac1954 

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2023 7:34 pm

You summed up Nobes in the first sentence but went downhill from there.

Nobes goes flat out all game and goes for everything so yes he makes mistakes but he leaves nothing on the park.

It's easy to criticize from an armchair.
Take_a_Screamer Leo

..No.5...Jamie Elliott....

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2023 8:07 pm

This passionate Blue fan analyses his loss - he is impressed by the Collingwood side.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8diQZ56iNaY

"the difference between these two teams, particularly in regards to ball movement...just the speed of Collingwood...we were f***ing fat slow"

"they're so quick to close down space defensively. They got McCreery and Hill who were just super quick".

View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger  
Pies2016 

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2023 8:28 pm

Take_a_Screamer wrote:
This passionate Blue fan analyses his loss - he is impressed by the Collingwood side.

"the difference between these two teams, particularly in regards to ball movement...just the speed of Collingwood...we were f***ing fat slow"

"they're so quick to close down space defensively. They got McCreery and Hill who were just super quick".

Is this guy channeling mark Robinson on Diazepam ??
Fortunately I worked out he was really hurting within the first minute cause I couldn’t listen any longer.
MagpiesTheGreat 

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2023 11:35 pm

was listening to ABC's AFL broadcasting... at Guangzhou Airport in Southern China, while waiting for my flight back to OZ...

happy me.
piedys Taurus

Heeeeeeere's Dyso!!!

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2023 12:19 am

robevpau1 wrote:
Collingwood young gun Nick Daicos remains right in the hunt for the Brownlow...

He's escaped with a $3000 fine ($2000 with guilty plea) for striking offence on Blake Acres.

Incident graded intentional, but crucially was ruled to be low impact.

I trust the fine was the exact same amount to the dollar, that the Essenscum player received, for the exact same hit on Nick during the Anzac Day game?

David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2023 1:17 am

The Essendon one was worse, imo – both in terms of impact and, if this counts for anything, the fact that it was completely unprovoked.
BazBoy 

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2023 7:26 am

Captain Oh Captain—-what a fantastic job Darcy is doing!!

His game on Sunday was absolutely superb & some media person said he played like two back men

Some of his mark & dash reminded me of Peter Moore

Mr Miyagi 

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2023 12:08 pm

David wrote:
The Essendon one was worse, imo – both in terms of impact and, if this counts for anything, the fact that it was completely unprovoked.

Agreed. What was the grading for Nick? Feels like he’s more at risk of a suspension for anything that would normally be a fine now. Nice of the AFL to make a statement with Nick when he’s the one who’s been getting punched weekly since Essendon.
ANNODAM Gemini

Rebel Heart Tour - The Forum, Los Angeles 27/10/2015.

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2023 12:12 pm

Take_a_Screamer wrote:

"the difference between these two teams, particularly in regards to ball movement...just the speed of Collingwood...we were fat slow"

I watched the whole thing, I feel for the guy, we’ve all been there, so know exactly how he feels.

N.Y METS, N.Y GIANTS, PENRITH PANTHERS & HOBART HURRICANES FAN.

WE ALL LOOK GOOD AT TRAINING, IT'S THE MATCHES THAT COUNT!
23 YIPPEE!!! 

YIPPEE 23!!!

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2023 2:06 pm

I think Carlton played well to be honest.

Never was getting near the Pies.

But if Blues lose v sydney next week then its all over.

Big game carlton and swans.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 7 of 8   

Jump to: