Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Pre-Match. Pies v. Roos.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Brown26 

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2023 10:21 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Sidey will play for sure, he's on fire. No need to change anyone this week - rest the next week it we need to.

The difference between previous Pies teams and this one with regards to Marvel stadium is that the small (narrow) ground will actually suit how we play. We just need to adjust to NOT kick to the wings as an outlet, go straight through the guts every time. Lots of forward 50 stoppages and Moore / Quanor etc cutting off quick panicked kicks out of defence, cause they can push up the ground a bit more. Expect N Daicos / Pendlebury / Crips to play a fair bit off half back (almost a midfield on a narrower ground, wingers more like on ballers) and run the ball through the guts every time - like we usually try to do.

I expect Elliot and Johnson to score 10 goals between them, with inside 50
s being 70 to 30 our favour,. At half time the AFL will call an emergency commission meeting to discuss the re introduction of the mercy rule. In the last quarter, Cox will play almost exclusively forward, North being 78 points down, and kick 5 goals 3, because he wont get any shorter as the game goes on. Miohhcek will finish with 3 goals after being a decoy forward for most of the match.

God I hope I don't pay the price for the sin of pride / hubris!

But... we'll still win Razz

- Ben
dalyc Scorpio

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2023 8:51 am

90 nice wrote:
FB: Murphy Moore IQ
CB: Maynard Frampton McRae
C: J Daicos Crisp Allan
CF: Hill Cox Adams
FF: McCreery Checkers McInnes
R: Cameron JDG Mitchell
INT: Johnson Carmicheal Harrison N Daicos
Sub: Marcov

Rested Pendles Side WHE Noble Elliott Ginny ( i know its a fair lot)
Debut Allan McRae Harrison
Newish McInnes
In comes Frampton from injury
Cameron and Cox the ruck
Marcov as sub

Pies look to cement further top spot and win by 31 points

You rested Sidey from his 300th game? Hahaha

CPtechno12 

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2023 9:16 am

dalyc wrote:
90 nice wrote:

Newish McInnes
Cameron and Cox the ruck
Marcov as sub

Sidebottom can play game 300 in Perth, and Pendlebury can be rested for 2 weeks - why not? Rolling Eyes
mattdally 

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2023 10:24 am

lazzadesilva wrote:
mattdally wrote:
There's a bye in 3 weeks. Players can have a rest then.
To suggest we rest Sidebottom for his 300th game is laughable - tell me you know nothing about footy without telling me Rolling Eyes
I guess every club has supporters who just don't understand the game.

Spot on mate! And we seem to have younger fans who don’t know the acute dangers involved with mucking around with a winning team, or not able to learn from previous mistakes. These days the club is smart with all decisions and team selections will not invite a disastrous risky outcome. Like I have said, McRea is a very smart operator who won’t take unnecessary risks.

I hate flirting with form. Players can rest at the bye. We have others who we can bring into the fold when needed once we have secured a top 2 or 4 position. Our draw is difficult to end the season so there will be plenty of time to move the players in and out of the side. We have a number of 6 day breaks in the back half of the season when we return from interstate - let's use that as an opportunity to freshen up if need be. For now we have a good thing going and McRae will not want to lose momentum.
Geek 

geek

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2023 2:34 pm

inxs88 wrote:
If we are to rest players in the next fortnight, it may be something like this:

North Game:

* Adams: for Carmichael
* Elliott: for Harrison who they seem to be keen to blood

Eagles Game:

* Pendles: save from the flight west
* Steele: post 300 games relief weekend off

(bring back in Elliott and Adams)

Maybe give Allan a debut in his home state. He's played some good footy in the 2s this year. A depleted Eagles team at the moment shouldn't be too much of a step up from the VFL, if at all. Might be a chance for Ruscoe to have a gallop too
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2023 3:24 pm

I doubt anyone will be gifted a game any time soon. Once, hopefully, our top 2 spot is secure, we might be in a position to rest one or two of our senior players and give a couple of 'newbies' a game or two.
Damien Aquarius

Me Noah & Flynn @ the G

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2023 3:31 pm

‘Managing’ players is a modern part of the game and would not be seen as hubris. When you have guys at the ages of Pendles and Sidey it just makes good sense to give them a spell at some stage between the bye and finals. It also gives a few blokes absolutely deserving of their chance.
Geek 

geek

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2023 4:15 pm

RudeBoy wrote:
I doubt anyone will be gifted a game any time soon. Once, hopefully, our top 2 spot is secure, we might be in a position to rest one or two of our senior players and give a couple of 'newbies' a game or two.

Is giving Allan a run 'gifting' him a game though? I thought he's been playing some good footy in the lower grades and we need to get him up to his 50 games as quickly as we safely can.

Later in the year, we mightn't get that chance. By that stage we will, or at least 'should', be all about consistent 23's so we hit finals with a team that has fully gelled and knows each other like the backs of their own hands.

And West Coast is really bad atm dude. Like.... Melbourne at their worst would probably do them right now.

Let the kid run out first time in front of his whole family. He's one of our futures and he's shown himself so far (I reckon) to be worthy of a chance.
Ronnie McKeowns boots 

Ronnie Mckeowns boots

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2023 4:55 pm

Agree Geek, would love to see Allan make the 23 at least for the trip west...

I would think Sidey and Pendles both sit that one out, maybe Adams too. Bobby Hill may be another, 1st year at a Club with a big fitness regime, he may need a rest more than others.

Jokes about danger games aside, these next 2 weeks should be strictly business, not particularly looking for a massacre, but perhaps a chance to enjoy a big milestone game without high stress.

Another shite time and day.....we deserve better

Jack 'Captain Blood' Dyer
lazzadesilva Virgo

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2023 5:35 pm

Ronnie McKeowns boots wrote:
Agree Geek, would love to see Allan make the 23 at least for the trip west...

I would think Sidey and Pendles both sit that one out, maybe Adams too. Bobby Hill may be another,

Seriously why stop at resting only 4 players? Why don’t we rest half the team? 🙄 Crazy times ahead if they do this but I’m certain they won’t rest 4 players. I admit to being old fashioned and wanting them to pick the best available team every week regardless of the opposition. If that means blooding a new player, so be it.

Take_a_Screamer Leo

.....No.5...Jamie Elliott....

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2023 6:14 pm

Hmm yes...there's pressure to bring them in.
It should be based on reward for good effort, and should be managed so as to not upset team balance.

From "In the Mix"
"Collingwood suddenly has a selection squeeze that might get tighter with a few options returning in and around the King's Birthday blockbuster. The VFL side had the bye, but Fin Macrae has been close for some time and might be considered. Harvey Harrison has been closing in on a debut across the past month. Josh Carmichael has been dominant at VFL level but not been included in recent 26-man squads. Trent Bianco and Arlo Draper were both impressive in their last VFL starts. – Josh Gabelich"

❤️️
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger  
Pies2016 

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2023 7:22 pm

Geek wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:

Is giving Allan a run 'gifting' him a game though? I thought he's been playing some good footy in the lower grades and we need to get him up to his 50 games as quickly as we safely can.

Later in the year, we mightn't get that chance. By that stage we will, or at least 'should', be all about consistent 23's so we hit finals with a team that has fully gelled and knows each other like the backs of their own hands.

And West Coast is really bad atm dude. Like.... Melbourne at their worst would probably do them right now.

Let the kid run out first time in front of his whole family. He's one of our futures and he's shown himself so far (I reckon) to be worthy of a chance.

In his last three games as a winger and mid, he’s had 18 touches, then 13 and 12 in his last game. It’s not really the kind of trajectory that warrants him debuting anytime soon. He’s a talent but he won’t be debuting in 2023.
Carmichael, Macrae, Bianco and Ryan are all ahead of him right now.
dalyc Scorpio

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2023 9:08 pm

CPtechno12 wrote:
dalyc wrote:
90 nice wrote:

Newish McInnes
Cameron and Cox the ruck
Marcov as sub

Sidebottom can play game 300 in Perth, and Pendlebury can be rested for 2 weeks - why not? Rolling Eyes

Ah, because the club would have enough combined emotional intelligence to understand that our supporters, and Sidey himself, would want a Melbourne venue for this milestone. You know, so our members, supporters, his family and friends can all be there if they want to.

What'sinaname Libra

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2023 9:37 pm

A sellout.
Rd10.1998_11.1#36 

rd10.1998_11.1#36

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2023 10:47 pm

dalyc wrote:
Ah, because the club would have enough combined emotional intelligence to understand that our supporters, and Sidey himself, would want a Melbourne venue for this milestone. You know, so our members, supporters, his family and friends can all be there if they want to.

Rolling Eyes is generally a sign of sarcasm Wink

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 4 of 7   

Jump to: