Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post Match. Pies rumble Roos. All comments.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Donny Aries

Formerly known as MAGFAN8.

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2023 9:03 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Collingwood 16.9.105
North 10.10.70

Goals: Josh, Checkers 3, H-E, Cox, Ginni 2, Ash, Adams, Jordy, Nick 1,

Disposals: Jordy 35, Nick 32, Mitchell 29, Pendles 23, Crisp 21, IQ 19, Josh, Hill 18, Maynard, Noblet 17, Ginni 15, Adams, H-E, Moore 14, Cameron 12, Markov 11.

Tackles: Pendles 7, Mitchell, Nick 6.

D/E: Moore 100%, Pendles 87, Nick 84.4, IQ 84.2, Markov 83.3, Maynard 82.4, Mitchell 79.8

AFs: Jordy 127, Nick 116, Mitchell 112, Pendles 102, Josh 91, Maynard 87.

It's a game. Enjoy it. Very Happy
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2023 9:09 pm

Lions lost, so now two games clear on top of the ladder. all is well.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
What'sinaname Libra

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2023 9:20 pm

Piesnchess wrote:
Lions lost, so now two games clear on top of the ladder. all is well.

almost.

Port won.

Pies2016 

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2023 9:31 pm

gurugeoff wrote:
Playing the 17th team, without a coach, and half a team no one has ever heard of, north Melbourne supporters included. They were trying hard and chasing all day, and I reckon they cleared 95 per cent of centre bounces.

We need to improve a lot on today to go all the way.

A little known stat that North are second in the comp for clearances between the arcs. It’s what they have done well all season. They get a lot of first looks at the footy but it’s what they do after that that brings them horribly undone.
orie Cancer

A MADPIE FOR LIFE

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2023 10:35 pm
Post subject: pies v roosReply with quote

Terrible at centre clearances today. Can someone tell me if Moore was on Larkey all day, especially the last quarter?
stoliboy Cancer

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2023 10:42 pm

Collingwood Magpies Press Conference | Round 11, 28/05/23 | Fox Footy
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=yrr639V0_sc&pp=ygULY29sbGluZ3dvb2Q%3D

Haff Capricorn

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2023 11:06 pm

Watching on delay. Not happy with this effort. Hollywood type stuff. Need some %$^%$$% in this team.
Elliot needs a spell big time.

Johnno75 

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2023 11:15 pm

Ratten is a decent coach and they have been really good last 2 games, don’t underestimate the effort they have some decent youngster North yet we got 9 goals ahead before we took the foot off the pedal.

We just need to rack up these wins as I suspect there will be a training load sometime in July to prepare us for finals.

Donny Aries

Formerly known as MAGFAN8.

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2023 11:20 pm

stoliboy wrote:
Collingwood Magpies Press Conference

We are NOT the Collingwood Magpies.

It's a game. Enjoy it. Very Happy
Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2023 11:26 pm

Another professional performance. Not perfect by any means, but did what was required to bank the 4 points. Would have been nice to have won by more, but North did well to play the game out when this could have been a 10-12 goal smashing.

Excellent workman like performance by JDG. 35 disposals, 1 goal, 5 clearances, 4 tackles, 6 marks and 589 metres gained. Can't ask for a better performance than that.

Ginnivan's performance was underrated by the media. Got a few goals, good contested numbers and 9 score involvements. He's been the sub a few times this year, so good to see him rediscovering his 2022 form.

Sidebottom's injury was the only major negative on the day. I think it flattened the crowd atmosphere somewhat when he went off, in addition to Marvel already being a pretty soulless ground as it is.

Onto West Coast next week. Just need to bank another win and hopefully get a big % booster before King's Birthday.

Last edited by Jezza on Mon May 29, 2023 12:14 am; edited 1 time in total
pietillidie 

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2023 12:05 am

^Good summation, Jezza.

People can be incredibly unrealistic; not long ago this was a danger game. Footy is very much a game of fractions of intensity; to expect top gear every week is irrational, while to play in top gear every week is very likely unhelpful.

What you expect every week is a disciplined process, and you need gears to crunch through when needed. Don't think the roos didn't set themselves for this, either.

schuey07 Aries

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2023 12:21 am

This is perfect. We just need to keep winning. It doesn't matter if it's 1 point or 100. We don't want to show our hand until the finals. We are doing what we need to do at this time of the year.
Unfortunately some supporters are never happy. We're on top of the ladder one game clear of second and we have the second highest percentage. What more can the team do to make them happy. We've still got improvement in us. I'd rather be in our position than Carlton's.
DT 

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2023 12:40 am

Enjoyed the match and being at Marvel even though I don’t normally like it there.

JDG was immense - he is putting together a helluva season.

North were pretty good, especially at clearances. They have a talented young team.

The big men weren’t in peak form today and that is why we didn’t gap them like we can at times.

Frampton back will be huge for us as Murphy is undersized

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2023 1:01 am

Jezza wrote:
Another professional performance. Not perfect by any means, but did what was required to bank the 4 points. Would have been nice to have won by more, but North did well to play the game out when this could have been a 10-12 goal smashing.

Excellent workman like performance by JDG. 35 disposals, 1 goal, 5 clearances, 4 tackles, 6 marks and 589 metres gained. Can't ask for a better performance than that.

Ginnivan's performance was underrated by the media. Got a few goals, good contested numbers and 9 score involvements. He's been the sub a few times this year, so good to see him rediscovering his 2022 form.

Sidebottom's injury was the only major negative on the day. I think it flattened the crowd atmosphere somewhat when he went off, in addition to Marvel already being a pretty soulless ground as it is.

Onto West Coast next week. Just need to bank another win and hopefully get a big % booster before King's Birthday.

I’m curious why you used the words “workman like” for JDG but also can’t ask for better. He was a beast. He’s been flying. Incredible hard worker and so clean. We all knew he was good but he’s continuously good week in, week out.

As for the match Nth Melbourne played really well last week and were an abacus short of winning the match v Sidanee. They have some genuine talent and Goldstein has been a damn fine Ruckman for many years giving them first use. They matched us if not beat “us” for clearances and contested possession for a fair bit of the match. Larkey kicked 5 against us last year as well & we had to work hard in the last to beat them in 2022 at the G.

North also prevented “us” from our running game by stopping the options in the outside / restricting the movement to the fat side as it were.

I marvel at Ginnivan’s footy nous week in week out. He’s terrific.

Great result with 4 pts with sadness over Sidebottoms injury especially so early in the match.

Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2023 1:18 am

Fly's presser

We've heard Steele Sidebottom's injury is a medial. How concerned are you?
Quote:
"It looks like he's probably going miss a few weeks. I'm not sure, exactly, but 3 to 4 [weeks] potentially. He might be back after the bye. I don't know. We have to get scans and the like. It's a shame, we sort of built the whole day up around what it means for him and all of us. Jeez, he started well too. He was on fire early. Unfortunate, but we still respect and honour him".

So will the scans determine the grade at this point?
Quote:
"I think the doctors, I'll leave that to them to decide, but I think that'll be the truth yeah".

How do you think the game played out? You seemed to keep North at arms length for most of the day.
Quote:
"Yeah, for major parts of it, I thought we respected the game. We went in the game with some intentions around we want to put some high pressure on, and we did that for three quarters of the game. I thought that was a feature of what we were doing. There's always aspects of your game that you really want to work on and improve and show. Today just gives us another opportunity to see what we're doing some things well and there's other things we need to get to work on. I thought our aerial power down the line was off today. The connection between the kicker and the contest. I thought for major parts most Collingwood supporters and us, we thought we played reasonably well".

How do you think your players handled Sidebottom's injury, as it did take the sting out of the game a bit?
Quote:
"I think as guys come to the bench, they were saying 'where's Steele'? and we're saying 'he's hurt his knee a little bit, but he's ok and it won't be major hopefully'. You look at aspects of the game, I thought we just continued to play the way we wanted to play. I think they're [North Melbourne] one of the better stoppage teams we've played this year. You've got Goldstein [tapping] down to Greenwood. That's a great combination, and the young guys coming through there. There's some exciting signs there for North".

Jordan De Goey was outstanding again. Do you think he's flying under the radar from the media attention?
Quote:
"Yeah, I thought so and I didn't want to say anything, but I thought keep quiet on Jordy because he's having a ripping season. Today was out of the box. I think one difference between Jordy maybe two or three years ago is his work ethic and his ability now to cover ground. You watch how hard he's running. You watch him get to a contest and defensively as well. He's buying right into that, and that was a pretty special game".

Was there anything in De Goey that prompted the change within him?
Quote:
"I think it's a natural progression in his game. He's now 26 and maturing in pre-seasons. We've given him more responsibility. He was a hybrid forward mid, now he's just pretty much a midfielder for most of it. His work ethic and his fight really stood out".

Touching on Nick Daicos, you exposed him to centre bounces. Is that the plan going forward?
Quote:
"We think over time he's just going to be an inside mid. We sort of monitor that and look for opportunities to do that. Today was an opportunity we saw to get in there a bit more. A couple of the younger guys in there from the opposition. We thought they could be good matchups for Nick. We want to keep evolving all our squad. I think upon reflection, as a coaching group we've tried a couple of different magnets through necessity. We tried a few different magnets through the wings. We found out a bit, some work, some didn't work. We're in a growth phase, if you like, that this is not the end of the year. It's not finals time. We're working towards qualifying, but we're finding out a little bit more about our group and what we need to work on".

Have you picked up on who might replace Sidebottom at this moment?
Quote:
"No, not at the moment. I'm really rapt with how Will Hoskin-Elliott responded. We talk about this sub being dropped, which I despise, but he's been in good form. He comes in, he's reliable, kicks a couple of goals. Guys like him, we really love".

Any concern in the last quarter with Nick Larkey getting off the chain and kicking some goals?
Quote:
"Most of them was from stoppage, or some from failures in our structure. We're not finished. We're far from it. We're not perfect again. We're not looking to be perfect, but we've got work to do. We're [at] Round 11 and we think we can improve in so many parts of the game. I think our aerial contest, I mentioned that. I thought some parts of our stoppage craft, we got to get work. He's an experienced guy, Goldstein and he was impressive today and put us on the back foot. A stoppage clearance games wasn't really what were wanting in the game, but again it's hard to take that away from oppositions".

Anything else to be concerned about on the injury front except for Sidebottom?
Quote:
"No, I think we're pretty good at this stage. We've got six days and we're off to Perth. I think we're ok at this stage".

Will you be managing anyone for the West Coast game?
Quote:
"I'm not into managing. I just want to get better. We won't be managing anyone".

Next week you're interstate, but the week after is King's Birthday which will be a monster game.
Quote:
"Yeah, look at this is where we live. We've just finished a game. We thought we were very good for three quarters and a bit. Not even thinking about West or King's Birthday, so nice try".

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=yrr639V0_sc&pp=ygULY29sbGluZ3dvb2Q%3D

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5   

Jump to: