Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post Match. Pies rumble Roos. All comments.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2023 1:21 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

watt price tully wrote:
I’m curious why you used the words “workman like” for JDG but also can’t ask for better. He was a beast. He’s been flying. Incredible hard worker and so clean. We all knew he was good but he’s continuously good week in, week out.

Maybe the wrong characterisation to describe his performance on my behalf.

More or less, I was reiterating what Fly said in his presser that JDG's work ethic and gut running has improved substantially compared to a few years back where he played predominantly as a forward-mid.

My own observation is he didn't do anything particularly flashy that left us starstruck, but he just worked incredibly hard to deliver the outcomes we saw today.

the fuzz 

Fuzz loves Bruzz

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2023 2:28 am

JDG is repaying the club that stuck with him.
He is having a monster season. Good on him for turning it around.
We all knew he could be this player. He’s now doing it regularly.
Go Pies
BazBoy 

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2023 2:55 am

Talk of celebrating Mason & Steele!!!
Yes so special but so too are all the boys

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2023 8:20 am

Jezza wrote:
watt price tully wrote:
I’m curious why you used the words “workman like” for JDG but also can’t ask for better. He was a beast. He’s been flying. Incredible hard worker and so clean. We all knew he was good but he’s continuously good week in, week out.

……My own observation is he didn't do anything particularly flashy that left us starstruck, but he just worked incredibly hard to deliver the outcomes we saw today.

👍

RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2023 8:38 am

Not a great spectacle as a game, but nevertheless another professional performance by the Pies. We got the job done without too much bother and never once looked in danger. Sure, we cruised in the last quarter. I'm fine with that. It's a long season and players are entitled to conserve a little energy for occasions when it's really needed.

I hope Sidey only misses 3-4 weeks. WHE also picked up a very hard knock in the last quarter and I suspect might be in doubt for next week.

Overall, not only are we a game clear on top and 3 games inside the top 4, but our percentage increased a little (2nd only to the Dees) and it puts us in a great position.
BazBoy 

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2023 9:45 am

I thought North weren’t much chop but I watched their comeback against Sydney
When the bloke ran out to aware field umpire of interchange infringement they were in possession of the ball and could have cleared it

They played pretty good footy so to win by 6 goals and not be seriously challenged was a good effort on our part

Ronnie McKeowns boots 

Ronnie Mckeowns boots

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2023 11:30 am

Watching the replay and Ginnivan's final 2 shots in the 1st quarter.

I think he needs to work on his fitness. He was puffing and blowing like a steam train for the final 8 minutes of the quarter, and it affected his 2 shots.

Don't do the lines if you can't run the lines

Jack 'Captain Blood' Dyer
BazBoy 

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2023 1:30 pm

Lipinski in when fit
Ginny our

aus50ford 

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2023 1:43 pm

The game was 'sold out' for the most of last week.
Then a couple of single seats popped up for sale on Thursday, yet (apparently) only 39,000 were there.
Quite a bit of GA seats (up high) were empty.

Why is there such an issue with ticketing availability ?

Dark Beanie Gemini

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2023 3:24 pm

Because people buy the cheaper seats and then stand with their mates on Level 1 or sit in the bar. The standing area behind us on level 1 was at least 2 deep.
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2023 5:36 pm

...or people like me, have a legends membership, with a reserved seat to all our games, but I decide on the day to sit at home and watch it on TV rather than go to that pathetic TV studio, which masquerades as a footy ground. Cool
Horatio Fin 

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2023 7:58 pm

Nice win. I think if we had have played them at the MCG in decent conditions we would have won more convincingly. The lack of space to run or lead into possibly hampered our game.
Cam Capricorn

Nick's BB Member #166

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2023 8:02 pm

Dark Beanie wrote:
Because people buy the cheaper seats and then stand with their mates on Level 1 or sit in the bar. The standing area behind us on level 1 was at least 2 deep.

And yet there were 95k at ANZAC Day, 85k vs the Tigers... nah, 5k-15K people are not doing that at both the MCG and Marvel. There is another issue. Something to do with the seats not being fully ticketed probably, and not telling people that there were x number of tickets available in GA.

JC Hartley Cancer

16 premierships now in the history books. Let's be the first club to 17 premierships.

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2023 8:53 pm

Marvel Stadium played host to Collingwood's most recent victory, where they overpowered North Melbourne with a couple of withering bursts to ultimately cruise home by 35 points, in an otherwise scrappy and dour contest. The Magpies got a hold of the Kangaroos with the opening four goals of the game to lead at quarter time by 24 points. The second term was largely dour, scrappy and mundane with very few goals kicked, with the Woods taking a 27-point lead into the main break at half time. After being unable to kick a major for the opening 10 minutes of the third quarter, the Pies went on a rampage booting 6 goals inside 20 minutes to put the game to bed and open up a lead of 53 points after the Roos had initially drawn to within 22 points during the quarter. The final term saw Collingwood kick enough goals to be assured of victory, despite conceding numerous goals, which made North Melbourne's losing margin a respectable 35 points, when it was all said and done.

Collingwood won their statistical categories from indicators such as disposals by +1 (356 - 355), +15 for kicks (204 - 189), contested possessions were won by +3 (127 - 124), and intercept possessions had a margin of +2 (59 - 57). Hit-outs had a gap of +5 (41 - 36), tackles had an advantage of +18 (67 - 49), while Marks Inside 50 were up by +4 (17 - 13), and +10 for Inside 50s (53 - 43). North Melbourne won their categories from sources such as handballs by +14 (166 - 152), +14 for uncontested possessions (237 - 223), while clearances were won narrowly by +2 (35 - 33), and stoppage clearances were also won by +2 (22 - 20). Tackles Inside 50 had a differential of +2 (9 - 7), marks had a buffer of +1 (93 - 92), and uncontested marks were also +1 ( 79 - 78 ). Centre clearances (13 each) and contested marks (14 apiece) were the only categories in dispute on the weekend.

Jordan De Goey (35 disposals @ 66%, 589 metres gained, 15 contested possessions, 20 uncontested possessions, 3 intercept possessions, 22 kicks, 13 handballs, 6 marks, 4 tackles, 1 goal assist, 6 score involvements, 5 clearances, 3 centre clearances, 2 stoppage clearances, 10 Inside 50s & 1 goal) was highly prolific in feeding the ball out from clearances, and found time and space to give the team's forwards adequate supply, while impacting the scoreboard himself in an impressive performance.

Nick Daicos (32 disposals @ 84%, 337 metres gained, 11 contested possessions, 21 uncontested possessions, 2 intercept possessions, 13 kicks, 19 handballs, 3 marks, 6 tackles, 1 goal assist, 4 score involvements, 7 clearances, 4 centre clearances, 3 stoppage clearances, 2 Inside 50s, 3 Rebound 50s & 1 goal) was moved into the midfield, where he had a significant impact on the game, with clearance work and aggressive ball use that had high accuracy proving to be highly noticable.

Tom Mitchell (29 disposals @ 79%, 338 metres gained, 6 contested possessions, 23 uncontested possessions, 12 kicks, 17 handballs, 8 marks, 6 tackles, 1 goal assist, 7 score involvements, 2 clearances, 2 stoppage clearances & 4 Inside 50s) expanded his game by becoming a link-up player by taking marks, moving the ball on by hand or kicking it long to a contest and maintaining possession if there was a teammate free to take a mark.

Scott Pendlebury (23 disposals @ 87%, 309 metres gained, 6 contested possessions, 17 uncontested possessions, 3 intercept possessions, 15 kicks, 8 handballs, 4 marks, 7 tackles, 1 goal assist, 7 score involvements & 4 Inside 50s) maximised his impact on the contest with minimal possessions, where none of his disposals resulted in a turnover. Pendlebury looked to be aggressive with his decision-making and ball movement at all times, which allowed Collingwood's forwards to get proactive.

Jack Crisp (21 disposals @ 76%, 346 metres gained, 7 contested possessions, 14 uncontested possessions, 2 intercept possessions, 7 kicks, 14 handballs, 2 marks, 5 tackles, 1 goal assist, 4 score involvements, 3 clearances, 2 stoppage clearances & 3 Inside 50s) ensured all of his handballs gained metres while Collingwood were in transition, while applying adequate tackling numbers and pressure.

Josh Daicos (18 disposals @ 78%, 319 metres gained, 5 contested possessions, 13 uncontested possessions, 4 intercept possessions, 11 kicks, 7 handballs, 3 marks, 4 tackles, 5 score involvements, 2 clearances, 2 stoppage clearances, 2 Inside 50s, 2 Rebound 50s & 3 goals) had a field day by kicking three goals for just the second time in his career. Each of the goals that Josh kicked were of the highest quality. Josh was able to maintain possession effectively when he wasn't kicking goals.

Taylor Adams (15 disposals @ 53%, 202 metres gained, 10 contested possessions, 5 uncontested possessions, 2 intercept possessions, 8 kicks, 7 handballs, 5 tackles, 2 goal assists, 5 score involvements, 7 clearances, 4 centre clearances, 3 stoppage clearances, 6 Inside 50s & 1 goal) imposed himself on the game with clearance work, tackling and a couple of nice passes inside 50 that resulted in majors, while Adams was able to impact the scoreboard on his second attempt to snap a goal through heavy traffic from close range.

Darcy Cameron (12 disposals @ 67%, 127 metres gained, 35 hit-outs, 8 contested possessions, 4 uncontested possessions, 3 intercept possessions, 5 kicks, 7 handballs, 4 marks, 3 tackles, 2 score involvements, 2 clearances & 2 stoppage clearances) gave his midfielders enough opportunities in the centre and around the ground to win clearances and surge forward with the ball.

Will Hoskin-Elliott (12 disposals @ 83%, 149 metres gained, 4 contested possessions, 8 uncontested possessions, 7 kicks, 5 handballs, 3 marks, 6 score involvements & 2 goals) had an impressive game as the team's substitute after replacing Steele Sidebottom. Hoskin-Elliott played his role well on the wing by being involved in scoring chains, and bobbing up forward with two classy goals.

Isaac Quaynor (19 disposals @ 84%, 317 metres gained, 12 contested possessions, 7 uncontested possessions, 11 intercept possessions, 12 kicks, 7 handballs, 3 marks, 2 contested marks, 3 tackles, 1 goal assist, 4 score involvements, 3 Inside 50s & 4 Rebound 50s) was immense at ground level winning the ball back for the Magpies at every opportunity that came his way, and distributed the footy with exquisite class and precision.

Brayden Maynard (17 disposals @ 82%, 382 metres gained, 4 contested possessions, 13 uncontested possessions, 5 intercept possessions, 13 kicks, 4 handballs, 8 marks, 4 tackles, 2 score involvements, 3 Inside 50s & 5 Rebound 50s) based his game on kicks which went long to a contest as often as possible, while taking marks to settle the tempo when it was required.

John Noble (17 disposals @ 71%, 404 metres gained, 3 contested possessions, 14 uncontested possessions, 11 kicks, 6 handballs, 5 marks, 2 tackles, 4 Inside 50s & 3 Rebound 50s) moved the ball forward with aggression, but his ball use lacked a considerable amount of polish.

Darcy Moore (14 disposals @ 100%, 329 metres gained, 4 contested possessions, 10 uncontested possessions, 5 intercept possessions, 9 kicks, 5 handballs, 4 marks, 2 contested marks, 2 score involvements & 6 Rebound 50s) maintained possession successfully, while contributing with his aerial attributes to mark when he could, or spoil the ball out of bounds.

Bobby Hill (18 disposals @ 72%, 128 metres gained, 6 contested possessions, 12 uncontested possessions, 2 intercept possessions, 10 kicks, 8 handballs, 6 marks, 2 tackles, 5 score involvements & 2 Inside 50s) was prepared to work up the ground to win his possessions, and even managed to work twice as hard defensively in the back third of the ground. Hill was also prepared to be the hit-up marking option, and then use his foot speed to burn off his opponents, by contributing to scoring chains in his team's front half.

Jack Ginnivan (15 disposals @ 60%, 170 metres gained, 5 contested possessions, 10 uncontested possessions, 9 kicks, 6 handballs, 3 marks, 3 Marks Inside 50, 1 goal assist, 9 score involvements & 2 goals) got involved in scoring chains, presented as a marking target up forward and converted his chances.

Brody Mihocek (8 disposals @ 88%, 199 metres gained, 7 uncontested possessions, 8 kicks, 7 marks, 3 Marks Inside 50, 2 tackles, 2 Tackles Inside 50, 5 score involvements, 3 Inside 50s & 3 goals) stood up once again as the focal point by taking his marks, and converted all of his opportunities.

Mason Cox (5 disposals @ 60%, 121 metres gained, 6 hit-outs, 3 contested possessions, 2 uncontested possessions, 4 kicks, 3 marks, 2 contested marks, 2 Marks Inside 50, 4 score involvements & 2 goals) capped his 100th game off in style with a couple of marks up forward, and finished off his work effictively.

Collingwood's next game will be against West Coast on June 3 at Optus Stadium. It is time for the Magpies to be ruthless and put the depleted Eagles to the sword. No better time to cash in against West Coast on their home deck than now. The focus will be playing every minute of each quarter at the highest standard and level to ensure that victory is secured in Perth.

Brown26 

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2023 10:17 pm

Easy game, easy win. We were never challenged. North just made too many errors and we capitalised. They were 50 points down when they decided to go through the corridor quickly to Larky which is when they looked the best, in the last quarter.

We rarely went or looked though the corridor- this wasn't Collingwood in full flight, this was hug the boundary line Buckley esk Collingwood. By design? Because they're resorting to risk free boring football? Doesn't matter against North or West Coast but if they do it against Melbourne they'll get found out.

I would like to mention Ash Johnson - man he is a great leading forward. He's Jack Riewoldt without the tantrums. He needs to put another 8 kgs of muscle on his frame but he'll be a ripper - we need to sign him to 4 years before the clubs start circling. I'm not sure how McStay gets back either - maybe in the back line until Howe is fit!

All in all I hope it was a conserving energy game, cause they didn't play to their usual game plan, or maybe it was to play to the Marvel stadium ground rather than the MCG, but they look a million bucks running it though the middle, think 1st quarter last week, and an also rank side around the boundary like this week.

Bring on WC on a long wide ground Smile

- Ben
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5   

Jump to: