Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Pre-Match. Pies v. Eagles. All comments.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pies2016 

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2023 12:34 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

dalyc wrote:
mattdally wrote:
Our worst performed players yesterday were Cox, Elliott, McCreery, Johnson and Murphy.
Of that lot possibly one of Elliott and Johnson will miss. Murphy and Cox remain for structure. WHE comes in for Steele.
Reserves were well beaten yesterday - Bianco, Allan and Ruscoe were ok from what I saw. Begg tried hard up forward and kicked 2.
McInnes I didn't see?

What did Murph do that was so wrong? I gave him a point in the medal tho I do have a serious man crush on him tbh

Murphy cleaned up Coleman - Jones in the first half but someone instigated a change and Murph found himself on Larkey much more often in second half and was exposed a bit ( albeit the pressure from up the ground dropped off )
Because the Pies like to play Moore in front of Murphy, it looked like Larkey started in the goal square and that meant Murphy took him. I think it says more about Larkey as a very inform player, because Murph has enjoyed a great season to date.
23 YIPPEE!!! 

YIPPEE 23!!!

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2023 9:30 am

In Frampton McInnes
Out Side (inj-4 weeks) WHE

Methinks we will get final results on Side today but be like game 2 back after the bye for return.

WHE is ok just needs a rest.

Frampton auto in and McInnes to provide some height up forward.

Rest stay the same line up.

Pies to win this by at least 41 points.

Score line to be 117 to say 54
joemamone@gmail.com 

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2023 10:31 am

I think McInnes is being underutilised. I would like to see him in the team but further upfield.
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2023 11:35 am

joemamone@gmail.com wrote:
I think McInnes is being underutilised. I would like to see him in the team but further upfield.

In a winning team playing well whose position does he take being mindful of other players (possibly/ probably) returning from injury?

Skids Cancer

Quitting drinking will be one of the best choices you make in your life.

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2023 12:29 pm

After some showers/rain today and tomorrow, the rest of the week looks fine. A cool 18 with light winds forecast for Saturday arvo makes it a perfect day for footy over here.

The wiggles fans are bound to turn up for this match, they continually remind us over here about the 2018 GF and some even have us down as their 'bunnies'.

Pies fans should be able to pick up some tickets on Friday, I contacted Optus about the failure of the WCE fans to turn up this season (biggest crowd they've had at a home game was circa 48k v Carlton) with only 39,000 showing up last week against the bombers. They advised further tickets will be released closer to the match.

The wiggles will be keen to avoid setting a new record of 10 losses in a row and did show some grit against the bombers.

If we don't approach this game with the utmost of urgency, let the wiggles get a couple of early ones and their half brained fans get up and about, we could have a real fight on our hands.

I really hope we play at our best and give them an absolute thrashing, but, I'll be happy to just get the 4 points and get away from the peanuts in the stands.

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2023 12:44 pm

Pies2016 wrote:
dalyc wrote:
mattdally wrote:
Our worst performed players yesterday were Cox, Elliott, McCreery, Johnson and Murphy.
Of that lot possibly one of Elliott and Johnson will miss. Murphy and Cox remain for structure. WHE comes in for Steele.
Reserves were well beaten yesterday - Bianco, Allan and Ruscoe were ok from what I saw. Begg tried hard up forward and kicked 2.
McInnes I didn't see?

What did Murph do that was so wrong? I gave him a point in the medal tho I do have a serious man crush on him tbh

Murphy cleaned up Coleman - Jones in the first half but someone instigated a change and Murph found himself on Larkey much more often in second half and was exposed a bit ( albeit the pressure from up the ground dropped off )
Because the Pies like to play Moore in front of Murphy, it looked like Larkey started in the goal square and that meant Murphy took him. I think it says more about Larkey as a very inform player, because Murph has enjoyed a great season to date.

Yes indeed. Larkey kicked 5 on us last year too. North exposed a potential weakness in Moore’s game if he plays too high up. Murphy on Larkey is always going to be a mismatch given the ease in which North were so clean in stoppage & centre clearances in the last quarter. Goldstein played a ripper of a match & a lot of their good work started with his ruckcraft.

23 YIPPEE!!! 

YIPPEE 23!!!

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2023 1:11 pm

Always like Moore at full back and Murphy at chb feeding off Moore.

Moore to me is best deeper in defense.

With Murphy and Frampton there a bit more up the field.

All in all a top back 6.

The other 3 namely Maynard and Nick Daicos can also play as mid fielders.

Be good to get Frampton back.

But we need to try out the likes of Allan etc..... soon.

Love Moore and Murphy they seam to have got great syemetry down back and work off each other too.
Skids Cancer

Quitting drinking will be one of the best choices you make in your life.

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2023 1:54 pm

90 nice wrote:

But we need to try out the likes of Allan etc..... soon.

But do we really? He only just turned 19 (last week). When Fly thinks he's ready (and required) he'll be picked. There is no urgency to rush him into the side at all.
Don't get me wrong, I can't wait to see this kid doing his thing for the seniors, his time will come.

David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2023 10:30 pm

So much for McRae not resting players, lol – I guess it doesn't count as being rested if they're actually "injured".

In all seriousness, hope they're both okay and that it is just a "calf – one week" type situation.

Magpietothemax Taurus

magpietothemax

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2023 2:03 am

https://www.sen.com.au/news/2023/05/30/why-has-the-afl-given-up-on-penalising-staging

Link above explains how three players over the weekend: Taylor Walker, Ben King and Cody Weightman got free kicks (resulting in goals) from staging. Christian refused to consider a fine for anyone. Yet Jack Ginnivan can't get a free even when strangled/decapitated. OK to stage, but if you are Jack Ginnivan you get nothing because the underlying assumption is that you must have deliberately provoked whatever illegal tackle was inflicted upon you.

Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2023 4:07 am

Smash these pricks, send Simpson into further gloom, and finally payback that Dom Sheed bastard, and his pure arse goal, time for some huge revenge, over this putrid WA cesspool of steaming shit, just destroy them Woods !

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
23 YIPPEE!!! 

YIPPEE 23!!!

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2023 9:00 am

Out Moore illness as per usall and probably sit this one out Elliott shouder issue (2 weeker say first round after the bye) Side (knee 5 weeker)

Not sure on ins as yet.

Only real in is Frampton as far as i know.
23 YIPPEE!!! 

YIPPEE 23!!!

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2023 9:01 am

Tipping a bit more of a closer match and have Pies now winning by 13 points.
23 YIPPEE!!! 

YIPPEE 23!!!

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2023 11:30 am

Thinking of a line up like this v wce.

FB: IQ Frampton Murphy
CB: Maynard Begg N Daicos
C: J Daicos Pendles McCreery
CF: Crisp Johnson Adams
FF: Ginny Checkers Hill
R: Cameron JDG Mitchell
INT: Cox McInnes WHE Marcov
SUB: Carmicheal
23 YIPPEE!!! 

YIPPEE 23!!!

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2023 11:31 am

Captain Adams
VC either Pendles or Maynard
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 3 of 7   

Jump to: