Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post Match. Pies prevail. All comments.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
slangman 

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2023 9:12 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

schuey07 wrote:
So at the halfway mark we sit 11-1, a game clear on top with the highest percentage, not playing our best and some on here aren't happy. What else do you want?

Melbourne were in a similar position last year. Winning games but not convincingly against inferior opposition which masked flaws in their game that they were never able to rectify before falling out of the finals quite easily.
That’s why some are not overly happy.

23 YIPPEE!!! 

YIPPEE 23!!!

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2023 9:12 pm

Bank the 4 points and move to the next match
schuey07 Aries

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2023 9:16 pm

slangman wrote:
schuey07 wrote:
So at the halfway mark we sit 11-1, a game clear on top with the highest percentage, not playing our best and some on here aren't happy. What else do you want?

Melbourne were in a similar position last year. Winning games but not convincingly against inferior opposition which masked flaws in their game that they were never able to rectify before falling out of the finals quite easily.

We are different team to Melbourne last year. We shouldn't be playing finals footy in June. We're doing what we need to do at the moment.
Cam Capricorn

Nick's BB Member #166

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2023 9:26 pm

We will have some very hungry footballers coming back in soon. McStay, Lipinski, Howe. Add Elliott and probably Steele late in the season. Going to be hard to get a game at the end. Jordy is lucky he did this brain fade now and not when key Collingwood players often do this - in finals. Carman, Cloke, Rocca say hi.
shawthing Virgo

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2023 9:42 pm

The Seven Half-Time team with some glasses wearing dork and Nat Whatshername along with Jobe Watson are pressing for a 5 week De Goey suspension. So it begins. A reverse Dutch auction to get the largest suspension of the year for a Pie player. De Goey has to get one week, possibly two. But to suggest he launched into the Eagle player off the ground is just wrong. he was bracing for contact and unfortunately hit the guy's head.

Why do these TV stations employ people who have never played a game of football in their life? By the way that Nat Whatshername is the most Woke employee at Seven.
Nearly 

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2023 9:53 pm

3 I would think. Maybe 4 depending on how bad Hewitt’s injury is.
doriswilgus 

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2023 9:54 pm

slangman wrote:
schuey07 wrote:

I think the big difference between the two teams is that we have beaten five teams in the top 8 this year,while Melbourne didn’t beat anyone in the 8 in the first half of the season last year.
schuey07 Aries

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2023 9:56 pm

doriswilgus wrote:
slangman wrote:
schuey07 wrote:

I think the big difference between the two teams is that we have beaten five teams in the top 8 this year,while Melbourne didn’t beat anyone in the 8 in the first half of the season last year.

As I said we are a different team to Melbourne last year. You don't want to be playing your best in June. We are doing what is needed.
Geek 

geek

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2023 9:57 pm

shawthing wrote:
The Seven Half-Time team with some glasses wearing dork and Nat Whatshername along with Jobe Watson are pressing for a 5 week De Goey suspension. So it begins. A reverse Dutch auction to get the largest suspension of the year for a Pie player. De Goey has to get one week, possibly two. But to suggest he launched into the Eagle player off the ground is just wrong. he was bracing for contact and unfortunately hit the guy's head.

Why do these TV stations employ people who have never played a game of football in their life? By the way that Nat Whatshername is the most Woke employee at Seven.

Nah it'll be 3. 4 if he gets the Collingwood tax (which I'd hope we would fight). Absolutely had no intention of doing anything other than flattening him.
aus50ford 

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2023 9:57 pm

Lucky I’m home alone tonight ,
Never sworn at ‘TV personalities’ as much at that half time lecture

schuey07 Aries

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2023 9:59 pm

The bigger question is how does Jab get a job as a commentator. He is terrible.
Magpietothemax Taurus

magpietothemax

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2023 10:02 pm

Fly's presser was an absolute master class - I think, the most brilliant yet.
At the very start, when asked what do take out of this performance, Fly answered: "We are very pleased with this performance - we thought that we would meet West Coast's best version of themselves".
About how the Pies were able to dominate in the last quarter: he referred to "playing the minutes. Every game we just want to play the full 120 minutes,"and to date, not many teams have been able to do that against us. Our ability to run out games and trust our method has been pretty good for us."
When asked if he was concerned about the JDG incident, he didn't resort to the usual coach's tactic of "i didn't see it. I'll have to look at the footage". Instead, he answered in a way I don't think I have heard any other coach do before: "Not sure I have concern. It is what it is. When the footage is looked at it will be determined to be whatever it is, ...we'll just deal with it..l hope the young lad is OK, that's where our concern goes. Jordy is a fair player, the rules will be the rules."
Masterclass, expressing acceptance of whatever penalty is decided, concern for the injured player, but support also for his own player.
When asked about resting players: "We're not in the business of resting players, if you want to rest players, then you disrespect the competition. We're not in that position. We respect everyone. We knew today that it was going to be a hard fought game. They look like they are getting their game back in order. They are getting some key players back. We will use other avenues to manage our players. It might be during the week...."
I think this also relates to the comment made by Doriswilgus above. I think it is definitely true that we are conserving energy during games themselves. When Fly says that no one to date not many teams have been able to play the full 120 minutes against us, this is because we are using the 120 minutes in a highly innovative and strategic way, saving energy for the necessary time intervals to ensure victory.

Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2023 10:13 pm

The way it happened may have caused some anxiety along the way, but winning by 10 goals is satisfying.

West Coast threw everything at us in the 3rd quarter, so I have to give them credit for their effort and making us accountable. However, the taxing style of play they adopted always meant it would be hard for them to sustain especially when they were down a player on the bench. Good to see us show our ruthless streak in the final quarter.

Brilliant once again from Nick. Such a special talent and one we're going to be smiling about for the next decade. Adams and Mitchell were our most reliable mids on the day.

JDG will be suspended, there's no doubt about that. I suspect he'll miss 3 weeks but the fact that Hewett was concussed will be an aggravating factor unfortunately. In a time where head high contact has never been under so much scrutiny, I can't see any other outcome than him missing multiple weeks.

McCreery and WHE suffering injuries dampened things a bit as well. Will have to wait and see what their prognosis is during the week. Good that the likes of Lipinski, McStay and Elliott are on track to be back for King's Birthday.

Top of the ladder and continuing our excellent winning streak. Life is good for the club at the moment.

pieboy 

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2023 10:33 pm

It was a good result in the end, we play momentum football and save ourselves for last quarters, and for periods in the game when the opposition have kicked a few goals in a row.

I think a loss is just aound the corner, but we are in a great position. As well as being a game clear we now have the highest percentage in the AFL
Johnno75 

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2023 10:45 pm

For many on here (including myself) in their lifetime the Pies have only been 11-1 one other time that being in 2011.

Let’s just enjoy the ride rather than picking out just the negatives, yes last 3 games we have only played 2 qtrs but today those 2 qtrs were 10.6 to 0.5.

We have the best defensive record, we have the percentage. Since that awful loss to the Dogs at Marvel last year we have gone 23-4 (which includes a streak of 11 and the current streak of Cool.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 4 of 7   

Jump to: