Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post Match. Pies prevail. All comments.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2023 10:55 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Johnno75 wrote:
For many on here (including myself) in their lifetime the Pies have only been 11-1 one other time that being in 2011.

We've been either 12-0 or 11-1 in the following years:

In all but 1973, we've made the Grand Final.

Johnno75 

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2023 11:18 pm

Finished on top each year on that list, however only premiership was in 1929 when we were 12-0, talk about a bad omen. Anyway let’s just enjoy it and wait and see what happens later in the year.
Magpietothemax Taurus

magpietothemax

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2023 11:27 pm

Johnno75 wrote:
Finished on top each year on that list, however only premiership was in 1929 when we were 12-0, talk about a bad omen. Anyway let’s just enjoy it and wait and see what happens later in the year.

1929 was the year that the Great Depression hit.
2023 is the year that the Great Inflation Crisis hit.
Maybe financial chaos is a good omen for the Pies.

Donny Aries

Formerly known as MAGFAN8.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2023 11:36 pm

I loved this: "He lights us up" - Fly, referring to Bobby Hill. Very Happy

It's a game. Enjoy it. Very Happy
Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2023 12:42 am

Fly's presser

What did you take out of the win considering that was one of West Coast's performances of the season?
Quote:
"We were really pleased with the performance. We came here thinking we're gonna get West Coast's best version of themselves. We always plan for that and I thought the same. We've watched a lot of their footy in preparation to play, and the crowd had energy which is good for us because you've got to come up against that when you're away from home and they had a real spirit and will to win. I thought they played well.

What do you think changed from that point late in the 3rd quarter to the final siren?
Quote:
"It may sound boring, but we just want to play the minutes and we say that every game. To date, not many have ben able to do that for 120 minutes against us. Our ability to run out games and trust our method has been pretty good for us. Fundamentally, if you want to break it down, our stoppage game got going. It was, they dominate stoppage pretty much the [whole] game. In the last quarter, we got a bit back on that".

West Coast had only two on the bench from quarter time, did you identify that as an area to exploit?
Quote:
"Yeah, and as much as we want to say we play the minutes that's unfortunate they did lose a couple of players, which is obviously a tax in this current game. That's a huge cost. We talk about the quality of the performance, [but] it's very difficult to have two rotating against a team that has others. We were one down later, but I'm sure that would have been a cost on them".

Are you concerned about Jordan De Goey's bump?
Quote:
"Not sure about 'concern', but it is what it is. I'm sure you know, having a look at the footage of it, it'll be determined to be whatever it is and we'll just deal with it. Again, I hope the young lad's ok. That's where our concern goes to. I hope he's ok. Jordy is a fair player and the rules will be the rules".

From a coaching perspective, what do you encourage the players to do in a situation like that whether they should tackle, bump etc?
Quote:
"It's split seconds isn't it. Do I go in and tackle? Do I bump? Do I smother? This happened so many times in the game. In terms of what we're trying to do with tackling, the games change. The way we tackle we're getting to work on. We're trying to roll with the player less than grab an arm and then dump like that's a shift that you're forced to do because the games change in front of us. These split second decisions that you make whether you bump or smother again, they have to make them out there. It's hard to practise for those".

How is De Goey after the match knowing he's likely to be suspended?
Quote:
"He's a great kid, Jordy. You could see parts of the game that knowing Jordy, he was trying to improve, not go back in time, but try to make us better in the time he's out there. I don't know how he is personally [and] emotionally after the game. He's a fair player and I think history will show that".

De Goey's been so important for you this season, how do you see yourselves placed without him going forward?
Quote:
"You take one of your better players out of anyone's team, if he's suspended, then you know there's a cost. We're fortunate. We've got players coming back. We're in a position where we've had a lot of injuries at the start of the year, and now we don't have as many. I know Jamie Elliott, Paddy Lipinski and Dan McStay are all available next week. We may need all of them and we'll wait and see how we get through this game".

What's the situation of Will Hoskin-Elliott and Beau McCreery's injuries?
Quote:
"Will's got a low grade ankle and most likely will be right. Beau might be touch and go. We'll have to get a scan on that. It's a little bit worse than Will's".

Ash Johnson came back on. Was that just a massive corky?
Quote:
"I'm really proud of Ash. The way he attacks the footy and his eyes only for the ball and someone comes later and whacks him. He's come a long way that lad. It's just pleasing to see a guy grow and we watch him in pre-season and things like that, to get up and get back on. We're really proud of him".

Clearances haven't been great in the past month. Is it an area you need to improve on?
Quote:
"I think our stoppage game has gone to a new level. Hayden Skipworth has got to work on it. I think our scores from stoppage is as good as anyone in the competition. We had a day today where the opposition got a hold of us. It's gonna happen. I thought early in the game our backs held tough and marked nearly everything that we lost from stoppage. We got to work in the last quarter. This is a tough game. Where you play or who you play, there's so many different facets of the game that teams have strengths and weaknesses and you got to try to manage and exploit those ones. Today, they definitely got on top of us around the stoppages. They only got one goal from turnover and it was when there was a free kick off the ball which I don't know what it was for and they scored from that. The rest was just from stoppage so pretty good defensive game".

It was suggested during the week that you maybe you should 'rest' players? Do you think today reinforced why you didn't do that?
Quote:
"I don't know where that's come from. I've said last week we're not in the business of resting players. You disrespect the competition basically if you want to rest players. You disrespect the competition and we're not in that position. We respect everyone. I knew today there was going to be a hard fought game. They look like they're getting their game back in order. Some key players coming back. Barrass was out late, which is again a huge cost for them. You only have to watch the second and third quarter and realise they're got energy. We're in a position to respect the game and we'll use other avenues to manage our players. It might be during the week and I heard some discussion around Nick Daicos. We look after him during the week. He's just let him play match day. That will ebb and flow, but right now we're not in that position to do that".

Was it pleasing to see Bobby Hill step up in crucial moments?
Quote:
"I love Bobby. Like just what's he brought to our group. He's an energetic kid. He's only played 30 odd games or whatever it is, and he's still maturing and finding his feet at AFL level. He's made a huge difference to us. You're not always going to get rewarded in that position and today he got some reward. Kick 3 goals. Maybe could have got a late one in the goal square. He lights us up".

Are you looking forward to King's Birthday? What's the mindset going into that game?
Quote:
"I haven't said this on this side of the border, but we like to stay in the moment and have deep wins, so we're gonna enjoy this one. We've got a 9-day break. We're back at work on Wednesday and we'll get to work on Melbourne on Wednesday".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0uGXUBCVLIQ

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2023 1:25 am

Thanks Jezza xx
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2023 1:54 am

slangman wrote:
schuey07 wrote:
So at the halfway mark we sit 11-1, a game clear on top with the highest percentage, not playing our best and some on here aren't happy. What else do you want?

Melbourne were in a similar position last year. Winning games but not convincingly against inferior opposition which masked flaws in their game that they were never able to rectify before falling out of the finals quite easily.
That’s why some are not overly happy.

FMD, Cats, Crows, Port,Dockers, Swans, Dons, Blues, Tiges, etc are NOT inferior opposition, far from it, only the Lions beat us, with NO rucks, up at the Gabbatoir. Jeezus, we won by ten fuckinggoals, what the heck do you people want, NO team goes thru a match 100% with the pedal on the metal, they have lapses, we have depth now, top of the tree with great %, stop this negativity, it aint healthy. Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Surprised Surprised

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Piethagoras' Theorem Taurus

the hypotenuse, is always a cakewalk

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2023 6:12 am

schuey07 wrote:
eddiesmith wrote:
think positive wrote:
schuey07 wrote:
Lucky the team has more resilience than some of you.

Lol yep!

As for the there goes DeGoeys Brownlow surely it’s nicks for the stumps to steal!

Until the umpires give JDG max votes each week as he can’t win to take them away from Nick.

Don’t know what radio station I had on, haven’t worked out what they are in the country 😂😂 but they had WC winning the game in the 3rd talking up how they’ve got the momentum, how Collingwood beating WC in 2005 was the last time last beat first and how Collingwood hasn’t been tested like this yet!

Got to a tv for the last qtr so no idea how they handled the disappointment.
it was the same in the game day thread, the usual suspects doing their thing. Now crickets here. I swear some people have no idea.

Coming in here after a win and reading the game day thread is almost as amusing as the laugh at carlscum thread. The gnashing of teeth, dummy spits and doomsday predictions... Hilarious, really

BazBoy 

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2023 8:50 am

Didn’t get to watch the game

How did Harry Harrison go—know he hit the scoreboard but wondered on his general field play

Any comments please

Haff Capricorn

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2023 8:51 am

My views and subsequent use of the game day thread are well known.
My signature even covers it.

Haff Capricorn

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2023 8:53 am

BazBoy wrote:
Didn’t get to watch the game

How did Harry Harrison go—know he hit the scoreboard but wondered on his general field play

Any comments please

Did ok. Used it well. First shot at goal bounced on the goal line then at a right angle hitting the post. Was stiff.
Solid fist game.

daics aka the ruckman 

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2023 8:57 am

Had a good laugh when Darcy Moore was interviewed post game and asked about our injuries. "a bit of a carry on to be honest" when describing Beau and Will's and Ash Johnston injuries.
The game was stopped for both Will and Ash to come from the ground but Ash returned and Will's was minor.

the fuzz 

Fuzz loves Bruzz

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2023 9:16 am

Adam's game was solid today.
I know a lot of people criticise his disposal, but today I thought he was not only his normal tough in and under, he was efficient going inside 50.
Ronnie McKeowns boots 

Ronnie Mckeowns boots

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2023 9:25 am

Said it last week and it showed again today; Ginnivan is not AFL match fit.

Bobby Hill you star!

Adams disposal sh*ts me to tears at times, but today we saw why he is integral to the team.

The playing surface is a disgrace over there, soft tissue injuries left right and centre, no wonder the Eagles can't feild a team

Jack 'Captain Blood' Dyer
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2023 9:52 am

the fuzz wrote:
Adam's game was solid today.
I know a lot of people criticise his disposal, but today I thought he was not only his normal tough in and under, he was efficient going inside 50.

A goal from 55m out, 4 goal assists and 11 score involvements. He's not my favourite player, skill-wise, but I had him as BOG. I actually thought that was close to his most effective game for the Club.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 5 of 7   

Jump to: