Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Pre-Match. Pies v. Dees. All comments.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Donny Aries

Formerly known as MAGFAN8.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2023 8:13 pm
Post subject: Pre-Match. Pies v. Dees. All comments.Reply with quote

Monday. June 12. MCG. 3.20

King's Birthday match.

Collingwood v. Melbourne.

Let's hear ya !!

It's a game. Enjoy it. Very Happy

Last edited by Donny on Mon Jun 12, 2023 1:01 am; edited 3 times in total
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2023 8:32 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

The Deeeeees QB/KB match, their revered big one, prior to the Toffs heading up to the snowfields and the Chalets. Reckon Grundy may be feeling a tad nervous bout this one. No doubt Sidearse and JDG will be missed, playmakers, but we do have great depth now, something we did not have in other Finals campaigns seasons. Too early to say who can come in, McStay ? Lipinski ? or Carmichael, Bianco ? McInnes, whose too say ? I expect a tough match, but we have nine days to prepare, Fly loves a big challenge, and this is a big one made too order. We are a huge chance to take this out.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
warburton lad 

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2023 8:38 pm

Out : De Goey-- In Lipinski- our best two-way runner and cherry ripe to go

Out: Harrison... In Elliott- number 5 will be well-rested for a big game.

Substitute- Macrae - need to reward his super form in VFL

I really want to see what our team is made of:

No Sidey, De Goey, Howe, McStay so we are not at full strength.

We will surely see if we are Premiership material against Melbourne who will come at us very hard.

Looking for a lift from Ginnivan- he was not great in the West.

The experience of Mitchell, Pendlebury, Adams, Josh Daicos, Lipinski and the brilliance of Nick Daicos up against Melbourne's stellar mids...

Tantalising match in prospect.

If we win this one and go 12-1. 'The Lid' will be in outer space by 6-00pm on the King's Birthday...

Pies2016 

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2023 8:38 pm

So here’s what we know. Dees will miss Bowey ( concussion ) and Harmes ( suspended ) and will likely get Oliver back.
Pies will miss DeGoey and very likely McCreery. We certainly have options but we only have one DeGoey. Fly says Elliot, Lipinski and McStay will all be available. I will leave the ins and outs to others.
perthmagpie Aries

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2023 9:06 pm

Elliott back and he sure needed a rest. Hopefully Lipinski can play after being out so long. We need some power running and sprinting to replace DeGoey and McCreery and the endurance of Sidebottom. Crisp to spend more time in the middle and Maynard with a couple stints in there perhaps. I can’t see McStay coming straight back in. Maybe Ruscoe comes in so Crisp and Maynard can be released around the ground.
masoncox 

masoncox

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2023 9:23 pm

Very difficult to replace JDG.
No one stood out to me in the VFL today
Kreuger looked ok to come in up forward
I would probably put in McInnes for JDG
and Harrison replaced by the Kreuger.
No point putting in Dan this early.
Let him have at least one game in the VFL
Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2023 9:41 pm

In: Elliott, Lipinski, McStay
Out: Harrison, De Goey, Markov

If McCreery doesn't play, then we're probably better off retaining Harrison and just making McCreery and Elliott the like for like replacement.

David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2023 12:59 am

Lipinski in for De Goey and Elliott in for McCreery seem the obvious changes.

A little less sure on where McStay fits into the picture. Do we lose a tall if he comes in? If so, who? I can’t imagine Johnson being dropped. Personally, I’m not sure McStay actually showed enough prior to his injury to be considered a walk-up start. Perhaps it’d be better for him to go to the VFL first and wait for his opportunity.

slangman 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2023 9:20 am

We have really fell away with clearances the last few week and will need to significantly improve that aspect of our game against the Dees.
McCrae or Carmichael in for De Goey would be a reward for consistency in the VFL.

R.Barham 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2023 10:15 am

WHE unlikely to play
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2023 10:29 am

Hard to beat the fuschias minus Sidebottom, WHE, JDG and McCreery.

Last year I was a big wrap for McCrae in the VFL less so this year.
For JDG I would be tempted to play Carmichael.

While not like for like Ruscoe is impressive in the VFL and did well in his MCG match earlier this year. Not sure if there is space for him though.

David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2023 11:04 am

A few people have mentioned Carmichael, but it seems telling to me that he hasn't even been an emergency in recent weeks, despite excellent VFL form. That suggests to me that he's not being actively considered at the moment, and perhaps some way back in the queue from Bianco, Macrae, Ruscoe and others.

What's the source for WHE being in doubt?

SwansWay 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2023 11:06 am

David wrote:
Lipinski in for De Goey and Elliott in for McCreery seem the obvious changes.

A little less sure on where McStay fits into the picture. Do we lose a tall if he comes in? If so, who? I can’t imagine Johnson being dropped. Personally, I’m not sure McStay actually showed enough prior to his injury to be considered a walk-up start. Perhaps it’d be better for him to go to the VFL first and wait for his opportunity.

I think we need to lose a small forward. Three is too many. While I agree that McStay’s output is middling (no different to how he was at Brisbane) I think he’s vital to our structure. IMO our first two choices for small forwards are Bobby and Jamie. I don’t think Jack brings enough tbh. Unlike the other two, when he’s not kicking a couple of goals he isn’t putting on much pressure or tackling.

That being said we have no issues scoring heavily with a very make shift forward line but come finals time, we will need another tall I think.
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2023 11:16 am

Likely outs: JDG, Markov, Ginni

Likely ins: Lipinski, Elliott, McStay

I've always thought we'd be too top heavy with Cox, Cameron, Frampton and McStay, but I get the feeling Fly thinks otherwise. Unfortunately, Ginni was below par on the weekend, and unless McCreery is also out injured, then he is likely to be dropped. I've been a fan of Markov, but he was also disappointing when he came on against the Eagles. With so many good players queuing up for a senior berth, it is not a time for anyone to put in a poor performance. Our depth is the best that I can remember.

Pies to moida these snooty bums. Victory by 36 points.
Pies2016 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2023 11:34 am

David wrote:
A few people have mentioned Carmichael, but it seems telling to me that he hasn't even been an emergency in recent weeks, despite excellent VFL form. That suggests to me that he's not being actively considered at the moment, and perhaps some way back in the queue from Bianco, Macrae, Ruscoe and others.

What's the source for WHE being in doubt?

Not sure what others have heard but Barrett declared this morning W H E would miss a couple. It was just off the top, so there was no accompanying facts behind his comments.
I agree there seems to be some apprehension regarding our young VFL mids coming in and being ready to play their roles. If we have the three likely outs and if Lipinski and McStay are declared fit, it wouldn’t surprise me to see Elliot, Lipinski and McStay all come in (especially since their long term injuries didn’t impact their fitness )
We’ve lost a lot of two way run with both Sidey and W H E likely out, so there’s another reason to pick Lipinski if he’s good to go. Harrison will probably get another chance and I think ideally that’s probably how the club would like his promotion to play out.
This week is going to be one of the more interesting nights around the selection table.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 1 of 10   

Jump to: