Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post Match. Pies down to Dees. All comments.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2023 12:37 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

think positive wrote:
Jezza wrote:
Maybe I'm being harsh and I understand people being frustrated, but I was disappointed to see some of our fans leave early today.

It just seems a little mind-blowing to me that fans would leave early for a team that's renowned for late comebacks.

yep pretty shit effort indeed

Unreal, just unreal, fickle village idiots. Not real fans. I have only left early twice, once at Waverley, Hawks were smashing us in last qtr, and once against the Lions, yrs ago, we were 93 points down, at 3/4 time, lost by 78 points. But FOUR POINTS ????? bugger me. Surprised Surprised Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
qldmagpie67 

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2023 12:52 pm

If fly is being 100% honest about illness not having any effect on our performance then yesterday’s effort was worse than first imagined

Here are some concerning stats
17-4 tackles inside 50 for the day and we had 2 of those in the first 8 minutes
Tackle effectiveness was a season low 61%
Pressure rating across the 4 quarters was below our season average per game by 18%
Overall all field kicking efficiency was 55%
Was our lowest contested marks for the season
Melbourne missed 6 set shots 30/35m out basically in front that won’t happen again
Yes we had players missing but they did too
Our defence was constantly under the pump and looked in disarray often
I’m still not convinced Murphy is a #2 or #3 defender has too many missed assignments
Maybe we just had one of those days when not a lot goes right but if we are to be there on the last day then we will need some improvement in many areas

On a positive Mitchell and Adams battled hard all day
Thought IQ had a good day
Cameron marked well but didn’t do a lot of anything else really

The break comes at the right time for us
Think we might have been a little jaded by the massive pressure we bring most weeks
Getting Howe McStay Elliott back after bye will have a positive impact
Raw Hammer 

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2023 1:19 pm

Maybe with a few wins clear on top, this was a test and learn game from the club. Can we carry injured / ill / recovering players into a big game if required? At least we now know the answer.
stoliboy Cancer

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2023 1:27 pm

And well done to the Collingwood Rant boys for turning the podcast around so quickly! Listening now.
Haff Capricorn

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2023 1:31 pm

slangman wrote:
Yesterday was a game where the ball just didn’t bounce our way (literally).

Yeah I said as much in the game thread. How many times were we out or in box position for the ball to skew left right or bounce over. Uncanny.

Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2023 1:45 pm

qldmagpie67 wrote:
If fly is being 100% honest about illness not having any effect on our performance then yesterday’s effort was worse than first imagined

Pressure rating across the 4 quarters was below our season average per game by 18%
Melbourne missed 6 set shots 30/35m out basically in front that won’t happen again
I’m still not convinced Murphy is a #2 or #3 defender has too many missed assignments
Maybe we just had one of those days when not a lot goes right but if we are to be there on the last day then we will need some improvement in many areas

Think we might have been a little jaded by the massive pressure we bring most weeks

Turn it up, their only real out was Oliver, we had six stars sidelined, if Ginni played we win, simple as that. Fly had to say that, ive had the flu, it takes a lot out of you, both physical and mental, but he had to say it, or hed be called a sore loser. Bad kicking for goal is bad football,just ask Carlton, they do it ever darn week, we have missed a lot of goals too over the journey. Id love to play these arrogant Toffs again, with our best team in, come the Finals, be a totally diffrerent match, Im not at all concerned, that was their Grand Final, they had to win, otherwise be 8-1 recent wins our way, they played their best game, we did not, still only four points, not ten goals as you glass half empty post implies. The sky is not falling. Surprised Surprised

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Mr Miyagi 

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2023 2:24 pm

Quite a few supporters left in my area but solely due to the obnoxious Melbourne supporters. I had my AirPods in and volume full blast to block out their abuse and ridicule, they were absolutely the worst supporters I’ve dealt with in a long time.
Mr Miyagi 

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2023 2:28 pm

Precious Petracca was a sore loser and a total dick to Cox after the final siren. Big Mason’s not saying what was said, but it’s the first time I’ve ever seen him angry.
Pete 70 

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2023 2:54 pm

Came down from sydney for the game. Was very happy to do so. Few observations:
- we were flat, and had been impacted by the flu. Have this from the inside. And fly is never going to allow the team to use excuses.
- they played really good football, and couldn’t put us away. That game goes 1 more minute we win. And we would have stolen it, but they couldn’t put us away.
- Some muppet in front of me was yelling all day “anither cheapy Daics.” When he kicked that goal at the end, I yelled out “great cheapy Daics. Anyone else here very nervous.” Total silence.
- Melbourne are sitting there thinking we played really well, and we couldn’t stop these guys coming. That is going to be huge.
- Mcreery is a warrior and I love his intensity. If others in the team had that wow.
- Johnson dropping that chest mark in the centre, really hurt us - I think they went around and kicked a goal.
- The bounce just didn’t favour us. When Daics, kicked into Pendels, ran on and collected a handball, kicked into the middle, the ball went to Miocheck one out and we had cut them apart like butter. There’s so much to like about how we go about things.
- To people who say we’ve only beaten lower teams in the last 6 weeks, you can only ever beat who you play. And as we know every crap team who plays us has their grand final that day. Wet Toast certainly did.
- We didn’t play great football, lot of players down; some really good players out, and yet I like the style of play we have. Yes they missed a lot of points (it doesn’t translate into well that’s a 5 or 6 goal win because a number of points were in a row. If they kick one of them as a goal it goes back for the middle, I k kw this isn’t the strongest logic but nor is the they smashed us. They were the better team, but a lovely pattern is emerging that people know we will come back, and they start to freeze. We kicked a number of points in the last that were gettable, and had too many brain fades.
- As pure matter of fact, the premier from 2 seasons ago, one of the favourites for the flag, struggles to put us away. I’m not bothered about the 6 out, I just want JDG back. They can have Oliver, we still win that game to mind.
- Very happy to be a Collingwood supporter right now.

derkd 

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2023 3:05 pm

This loss has been coming, when you think about it yesterday sickness, yes, missing players and injuries, yes that also plays a part.

But I feel like the team has looked tired for the last month, really out played and challenged by the two bottom sides for most of those game(s). Even Carlton had it chances against us.

It feels like a side that needs a rest, so in that sense the bye is at a good time.

How we go coming out of the bye will be interesting, Adelaide at the MCG will be a tricky one,followed by Gold Coast up there is a real 50/50 game...as they are flying

I am not worried by the loss to Melbourne as I said at the start of this thread. I have a feeling we may drop another game coming out of the bye...possibly

This might be a blessing in disguise...take the media heat right out and put the spotlight on Port. We need some more 'under the radar' time. I had bad feeling this weight of expectation was getting far too heavy for Collingwood...and we have never handled it well as a club.

Uncle Jack Virgo

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2023 3:20 pm

jonmac1954 wrote:
magpieazza wrote:
I looked through the list and counted who wasnt playing today and I put down Ash Johnsons name.
I actually thought he got an injury or was sick from last week and put him down as not playing today.
Did not remember his name being called out or even seeing him...thats concerning.

He's still young with strong potential but he fades under intense pressure. Hopefully another preseason brings him up to speed.

Is he a liability in the games we really need him? We've had 4 losses since this time last year in which he's kicked a total of 3 goals. He went missing yesterday, subbed off with 3 disposals and the prelim v Sydney netted 2 disposals. Poor precedent to set.
Pies2016 

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2023 3:27 pm

qldmagpie67 wrote:

To be honest, reading those numbers only reiterates we’ve got so much more improvement in us than they do.
Everyone ( including Grundy ) is saying it’s the best they have played all year and those numbers above suggest you are only as good as your opposition let’s you. We allowed them to play at their best.
We’ve got 1000 games worth of experience, quality and leadership sitting on the sidelines and yet we’re still sitting on top of the ladder after round 13. It’s a great achievement, considering where the Cats and Swans are with their injuries. We don’t have to be perfect every week, we just have to better than than the rest in September.
Pies2016 

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2023 3:38 pm

Uncle Jack wrote:
jonmac1954 wrote:
magpieazza wrote:
I looked through the list and counted who wasnt playing today and I put down Ash Johnsons name.
I actually thought he got an injury or was sick from last week and put him down as not playing today.
Did not remember his name being called out or even seeing him...thats concerning.

He's still young with strong potential but he fades under intense pressure. Hopefully another preseason brings him up to speed.

Is he a liability in the games we really need him? We've had 4 losses since this time last year in which he's kicked a total of 3 goals. He went missing yesterday, subbed off with 3 disposals and the prelim v Sydney netted 2 disposals. Poor precedent to set.

I agree there’s a question mark on him and they will learn more about him in weeks to come. McStay will come back and that will / could allow him to stay much closer to goal. He’s fairly one dimensional and he gets exposed up the ground, particularly when he’s worked hard to compete and he’s got nothing left when he’s stuck in a one on one. I like it that we play both Lions and Cats in two of the last three home and aways. That’s good opposition and that’s where players will get their chance to stake a claim for a flag tilt. He’s got time but right now, he’s no lock every week.
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2023 3:40 pm

Piesnchess wrote:
qldmagpie67 wrote:

Turn it up, their only real out was Oliver, we had six stars sidelined, if Ginni played we win, simple as that. Fly had to say that, ive had the flu, it takes a lot out of you, both physical and mental, but he had to say it, or hed be called a sore loser. Bad kicking for goal is bad football,just ask Carlton, they do it ever darn week, we have missed a lot of goals too over the journey. Id love to play these arrogant Toffs again, with our best team in, come the Finals, be a totally diffrerent match, Im not at all concerned, that was their Grand Final, they had to win, otherwise be 8-1 recent wins our way, they played their best game, we did not, still only four points, not ten goals as you glass half empty post implies. The sky is not falling. Surprised Surprised

i agree

and id think McCrae said illness didnt effect us because hes a firm believer in not whinging or making excuses.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2023 3:48 pm

Mr Miyagi wrote:
Quite a few supporters left in my area but solely due to the obnoxious Melbourne supporters. I had my AirPods in and volume full blast to block out their abuse and ridicule, they were absolutely the worst supporters I’ve dealt with in a long time.

we had one ^&*^*% in front of us, he would jump up and carry on, when they were shooting towards us he stood up and yelled kick it to me holding his hands up, directly in my line of sight.

i said hey dickhead we still want to see, sit down. he mumbled to his idiot magpie member partner. a couple more had a shot at him before 1/2 time, i was talking to jezza at the break and he walked passed as i was telling jezza about it, i said yeah that dickhead there! after half time a guy behind me went apeshit at him, and more than just me gave him the thumbs up! He was just doing it to stick it up us, he would jump, yell, a nd turn around and eye ball us, keeping in mind hes a 40 something male, im almost 60 and with my daughter. he was doing it to others too. just the worst fan experience i can recall and ive been to hundreds of games since the late 70's. even the blue rinse geefrickenlong grannies were not as bad. this was deliberate antagonization, and if i saw him again id call the dickhead number. as i said in the photo thread, i literally upped my membership to reserved seats next to the cheer squad so i would not have to take pot luck with opposition ferals. At the end of the game i said to his missus,"honey you can do way better than him, hes a prick, hes literally just trying to piss people off. we pay a lot of money to sit here and we have a right to watch the game without that bullshit" she said thankyou!! if you know her im not sorry, because i can tell you now, if hes like that at the footy, there will be a time somewhere else that hes an arsehole to her too.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
Page 10 of 13   

Jump to: