Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

2020 injury tracker

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 36, 37, 38  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LaurieHolden Aquarius

Floreat Gymnorhina tyrannica

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2020 4:27 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

WhyPhilWhy? wrote:
Ben Reid appears to have a Shrodinger's hamstring injury.

Underappreciated post. Laughing

Presti35 Virgo

Dick Lee for Legend Status

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2020 6:17 pm

You honestly can't make this up:

Quote:
https://www.zerohanger.com/premiership-magpie-miss-round-2-41241/

Collingwood swingman Ben Reid will not feature in his side’s Round 2 clash against Richmond after suffering a hamstring injury, according to SEN’s Sam Edmund.

Still waiting on the AFL report, but found this:

Quote:
Adam Treloar (calf) has already been ruled out of the restart match against Richmond on June 11 after sustaining his injury on the first day back at training, while Ben Reid will also be unavailable through injury, but Travis Varcoe (shoulder), Lynden Dunn (knee) and Matt Scharenberg (hip) should be available. However, Levi Greenwood (knee) and Tom Langdon (knee) are still a fair way off and Dayne Beams’ career seems all but over. Brody Mihocek is also under an injury cloud.

https://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/sport/afl/how-your-club-is-shaping-up-for-the-afl-season-restart-part-one-20200525-p54w9a.html?ref=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_source=rss_feed

BazBoy 

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2020 7:02 pm

There will be news about Reid on 9 news —“another injury to the veteran has his career hanging by a thread”
Magpietothemax Taurus

magpietothemax

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2020 7:18 pm

It looks like Brodie Mihocek will be available. He did a full match sim today, so that's great news. In his recent presser, Bucks alluded to the impressive efforts of Darcy Cameron to earn a position in the side, so we have back up this time round to cover Ben Reid's injury. In the same presser, Bucks appeared to rule out Adam Treloar, but if you listen closely to his words, not entirely. He suggested that the door was still very slightly ajar if Treloar could do the necessary work. but I am sure we will err on the side of caution with this, so I am sure the probability of Treloar being available is extremely low.
Lazza 

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2020 9:55 pm

I know that Reid is no longer a favourite among the posters here but since I met and spoke to him at a Season launch function a few years back, I have loved him as a player. He bleeds black & white and it is nothing short of a tragedy that he has had constant injuries. I also think that the younger pie fans have probably never seen him at his best or maybe not at all, so its easy for them to diss him. You cant put mature heads on young shoulders.
FWIW, I sincerely hope he can play a few good games at senior level this season and and that lady luck goes his way for a change. Please God, let this happen and please don't hate my beloved Magpies so much Sad Crying or Very sad

BazBoy 

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2020 10:01 pm

He,s a Magpie premiership player & All Australian and a great bloke to boot

He’s had a horrible run over last few yrs but fit and firing a champion

He may not be around much due to injury but pay the man respect

Magpietothemax Taurus

magpietothemax

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2020 10:17 pm

Lazza wrote:
I know that Reid is no longer a favourite among the posters here but since I met and spoke to him at a Season launch function a few years back, I have loved him as a player. He bleeds black & white and it is nothing short of a tragedy that he has had constant injuries. I also think that the younger pie fans have probably never seen him at his best or maybe not at all, so its easy for them to diss him. You cant put mature heads on young shoulders.
FWIW, I sincerely hope he can play a few good games at senior level this season and and that lady luck goes his way for a change. Please God, let this happen and please don't hate my beloved Magpies so much Sad Crying or Very sad

I hope Jezza you were not referring to my post, because like you I would always honour a Collingwood Premiership legend like Ben Reid. He has been a really great player for us, and I have always backed his selection in the last few years, despite the injury challenges he has confronted. Like you, I hope he plays quite a few senior games this year. I am simply stating that this year, unlike last, we have extra cover now with Darcy Cameron.

Lazza 

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2020 10:22 pm

Magpietothemax wrote:
Lazza wrote:

I hope Jezza you were not referring to my post, because like you I would always honour a Collingwood Premiership legend like Ben Reid. He has been a really great player for us, and I have always backed his selection in the last few years, despite the injury challenges he has confronted. Like you, I hope he plays quite a few senior games this year. I am simply stating that this year, unlike last, we have extra cover now with Darcy Cameron.

If you were referring to my post, I'm Lazza and not Jezza.

And no I was not referring to your post but just making a comment. Smile Very Happy

What'sinaname Libra

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2020 7:12 am

Reid WAS a great player.

Should never have been signed to a new contract. Writing has been on the wall for a few years re: his lack of durability.

K 

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2020 7:29 am

Cox injured (bone bruising), but some progress for Langers:

https://www.afl.com.au/news/440600/forgotten-defender-back-on-track-but-two-fresh-concerns-for-pies
BazBoy 

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2020 7:34 am

The prudence of obtaining Darcy Cameron is becoming evident if big Mason were to be unavailable—likewise Brody
23 YIPPEE!!! 

YIPPEE 23!!!

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2020 10:46 am

Talk that Grundy is under an injury cloud he pulled up very sore at training.
BazBoy 

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2020 10:53 am

How far advanced do Nickster,s believe Max Lynch is —-he is almost 22yrs old and now in his 4th season

With no VFL for him I wonder will he get a gig this year. (Injuries could fast track that)

Magpietothemax Taurus

magpietothemax

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2020 2:01 pm

90 nice wrote:

Already it is starting to sound like we will have half our best 22 out, and the season hasn't even resumed yet.
Why does this seem so much like deja vu?

Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2020 2:36 pm

90 nice wrote:

If you have a source, specify it. This sounds like more kite-flying, 90nice.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 36, 37, 38  Next
Page 12 of 38   

Jump to: