Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post Match. Pies down Dockers. All comments.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Johnno75 

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2023 7:56 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

piffdog wrote:
lazzadesilva wrote:
If we play like today against Port, we will get done for sure. Really about time we played 4 good quarters of football for a change.

?? Port being rolled by Carlton. We were good when it mattered most.

Look at the way Carlton are doing it. Be interesting viewing for McCrae and the coaching team.

Clifton Hill-Billy 

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2023 8:26 pm

Anyone think Bruzzy might get cited for sling tackle on Walters in the first quarter? I know Walters wasn't injured but I don't think the guy Serong tackled was injured either?
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2023 8:57 pm

Take an 8 goal win anyday of the week, even if we seemed to be going at half pace at times , though the second qtr was a gem. I felt Cox did OK from where I sat, he seemed to get a lot of tap outs, he did what he had too do. I still reckon we need Jack Ginni back, and we did miss Checkers today, tho Jamie was awesome. Nick Daicos , what more can on say, a real diamond. Looks like the Bluescum have done us a real favour, smashing Port, putting us a game clean, plus big %. Onto Port next week, win an sew up top two finish, bring it on.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Brown26 

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2023 9:06 pm

All in all a good easy win. From the ground, it looked obvious when Frampton went into the ruck that we suffered. Cox did enough, Cameron will be better. McStay did ok after quarter time I though. Sidey was off for a large amount of the second it seemed, hope he's ok. Adams was great, NB Daicos was awesome, Moore and Elliot great when the game mattered, De Goey good. Different game to last week, half backs not as prominent or asked to be.

Amazing ball movement through the middle in the second. Unstoppable. Frampton goes out for Cameron, who goes out for Miohcek? Johnson was good I thought and different, so worth having in the team. I'm not sure they can go Cox, Cameron, Johnson, Mihocek and McStay...

- Ben
Monco Matt Aries

Do it to THEM before THEY do it to YOU

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2023 9:09 pm

Well, what to say about that game?

Q1 - Playing around with the footy, having a laugh, not taking the game seriously.
Q2 - Completely annihilated them. Just pulverised them with a 10 goal blistering performance. Awesome footy!!
Q3 - Good thing I had a bottle of Merlot on standby as it got me through that snore-fest.
Q4 - Good thing I had a bottle of Cab Sauv on standby to get me through another snore-fest.

In the end it was a comfortable win. Did what we needed to do. Nothing more. I should be satisfied with an 8 goal win but for some reason I'm looking for more. I think I need to temper expectations.

Loving Markov's pace through the guts. Welcome back McStay, good game first up. Just a solid game from everyone really.

Carry on Woodsmen!!

MONCO: Your life.
What'sinaname Libra

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2023 9:19 pm

It was McStay's first multi-goal performance for us. Could have had 3 with Bobby running onto the ball of what should have been a free for front on contact 10m out.

Elliot has kicked 15 in his last 4 games.
AJ has kicked 6 goals in 2 games.
Naicos has now kicked a goal in his last 7 games.

Can't ask for more than that.

warburton lad 

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2023 9:23 pm

My take on the 46 point victory:

* Mihocek could have played, but conservative route was taken
* Cameron was 'managed'- Cox benefitted from playing against good rucks.
* Sidebottom and McStay got valuable game time on the way back from injury.
* Mitchell's time was managed- as was Pendlebury's
* Ash Johnson and Jamie Elliott continued to find the goals.
* Markov continued to press claims for a finals berth
* The side managed a very solid win on the back of one outstanding quarter.
* An excellent result- percentage increased by 2% to 139%.
* The Carlton win means we are now one game and 25% clear of Port

Our next 6 weeks will be a solid lead-in to the finals.

Port (away) Carlton, Hawks, Geelong, Brisbane (Marvel) Essendon .

ANNODAM Gemini

Rebel Heart Tour - The Forum, Los Angeles 27/10/2015.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2023 9:25 pm

Winning form is good form.

We’ll bank the 4pts & concentrate on beating Port next week.

N.Y METS, N.Y GIANTS, PENRITH PANTHERS & HOBART HURRICANES FAN.

WE ALL LOOK GOOD AT TRAINING, IT'S THE MATCHES THAT COUNT!
pietillidie 

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2023 9:34 pm

Great to see Tay play a strong four-quarter game. He struck the earlier set shots nicely, too. The form players maintained momentum (e.g., Daicoses, IQ and Jamie), and players building momentum after time out got another game under their belts (Bruzzy, Jordy, Lipinski, Howe and of course Sidey).

I thought the coaching decisions were especially good this week given the tough run ahead. Resting Pendles/Mitchell, and erring on the side of caution with Cameron while giving McStay a run and trying to find the right forward/ruck combo. And of course reworking the midfield after the first quarter.

The other thing they've done is make smart decisions on Ash and McStay. The twos are not always the right way to help players find form and confidence, so I thought that also showed really good judgement.

Then Carlton do us a favour not just by beating Port, but also by making sure there is no risk of us underestimating them in a couple of weeks' time.

That said, we could've done with an easier meeting with them given the nasty run home, but not to be.

The coaches will really be earning their money over the next couple of months, but today showed they are right on top of their game.

**And as the Lad said above, add the caution with Checkers, who needed that extra time, to the list of good decisions from the coaching staff.

**And also as the Lad noted above, add Markov to the momentum builders. Another great game, not just for his run and carry, but also his one-on-ones.

Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2023 10:05 pm

A no fuss win. Outstanding second quarter and went through the motions in the other three.

Nick Daicos was BOG yet again. There's nothing more that needs to be said that we haven't already said previously.

Adams was very good. Arguably our best player just behind Nick today, so that was a real positive.

On the forward line, good to see Elliott and Johnson hit the scoreboard multiple times again. McStay got through his first game back without too much issue.

Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2023 10:13 pm

What'sinaname wrote:
It was McStay's first multi-goal performance for us. Could have had 3 with Bobby running onto the ball of what should have been a free for front on contact 10m out.

Elliot has kicked 15 in his last 4 games.
AJ has kicked 6 goals in 2 games.
Naicos has now kicked a goal in his last 7 games.

Can't ask for more than that.

Agree. Those are some great numbers.

Elliott's form since the bye has been outstanding and he's filled the void left by Mihocek's injury layoff and his slight form downturn before that.

Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2023 10:19 pm

Top 10 (Collingwood vs Interstate H&A crowds in Melbourne)

[*] Rd 8 2023 = Collingwood vs Sydney (71,463)
[*] Rd 15 2023 = Collingwood vs Adelaide (65,930)
[*] Rd 9 2013 = Collingwood vs Sydney (65,306)
[*] Rd 21 2007 = Collingwood vs Sydney (63,842)
[*] Rd 13 2012 = Collingwood vs West Coast (62,957)
[*] Rd 19 2003 = Collingwood vs Brisbane Lions (61,868)
[*] Rd 18 2023 = Collingwood vs Fremantle (61,157)
[*] Rd 3 2019 = Collingwood vs West Coast (60,878)
[*] Rd 2 2023 = Collingwood vs Port Adelaide (60,744)
[*] Rd 7 1998 = Collingwood vs Sydney (57,894)

RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2023 10:21 pm

A superb performance by our lads. I was most pleased at Adams' game, as I reckon he's been a little down on form. He is so hard at it, he'll be important in the finals.

While I've been sceptical about McStay, I was impressed by his return game. He should get better week by week.

I'm really looking forward to seeing our forward line next week with the return of Checkers.

Make no mistake, Markov will play finals.
mudlark 

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2023 10:44 pm

lazzadesilva wrote:
If we play like today against Port, we will get done for sure. Really about time we played 4 good quarters of football for a change.

Didy ou watch Port today?? If Port play like that and we play like we did ,we'll win by 77 points again.
pietillidie 

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2023 10:49 pm

RudeBoy wrote:
Make no mistake, Markov will play finals.

Agreed. I also put him in the category of X factor game changers like Coxy, Ash and Ginni. There's something about them that can be really hard to match up on. It's not just their unique skill set, but they also bring a unique psychology with them that can really trouble the opposition in patches.

Coxy's height and energy in big moments is obvious, while Ginni has a freakish ability to read the game when he's on, as does Ash with his incredible timing, leap and hands. For Markov, his pace and ability to win contests in space are hard to counter.

But in addition to that, there's also some energy about them that both baffles opponents and the team feeds off. I also reckon they are players that can shift momentum and jolt the team back into action, which will be crucial comes finals time.

I guess that's why it's called X factor; some people just work differently.

Next, to help Ginni work his way back into the equation.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 3 of 6   

Jump to: