Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post Match. Pies down Dockers. All comments.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
masoncox 

masoncox

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2023 12:43 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

inxs88 wrote:
The ins and outs shall be interesting for the Port match. Port don't have great ruck stocks and you wonder whether having Cox, Cameron, Frampton, McStay may make us too top heavy.

Checkers and Cameron seem to be available....so who comes out????
Personally I think Frampton should go back.
So who gives way for Checkers......like AJ?????
He has kicked 6 in the last few weeks
Cox?????
Can't fit them all in.
schuey07 Aries

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2023 1:01 pm

Pies2016 wrote:
Yep, Right now is all about the long game in a gruelling physical season that goes on for six months through the dead of Winter. Even Fly has repeatedly mentioned this is the toughest time of the season to get players motivated to perform at their best. Players aren’t robots either, you can’t program them for four quarters of perfect footy. By round 18 and sitting on top, it’s human nature to just do enough to get the job done and then go into a self preservation mode for the following week. If you reckon we have problems, imagine the concerns at the other 17 clubs below us on the ladder.
We will all learn a little more about how good we are or aren’t over the next few weeks when we play some quality opponents. Surely it makes sense for players to prepare to be at their physical best for that block of games, rather than focussing on beating Freo by 12 goals instead of eight.

Exactly, all we need to do is keep banking the W's. 1 point or 100 it makes no difference. We just need to get that top two finish with the least amount of injuries. We have a tough six weeks ahead, with the Hawks game the only easy game in this block. The rest of the teams are in the eight or trying to get in, so they will be tough.
Pies2016 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2023 1:53 pm

masoncox wrote:
inxs88 wrote:
The ins and outs shall be interesting for the Port match. Port don't have great ruck stocks and you wonder whether having Cox, Cameron, Frampton, McStay may make us too top heavy.

Checkers and Cameron seem to be available....so who comes out????
Personally I think Frampton should go back.
So who gives way for Checkers......like AJ?????
He has kicked 6 in the last few weeks
Cox?????
Can't fit them all in.

I’ve been a critic of Johnson but I don’t think he can do anymore than what he’s done in the last two games. His test will come over the next few games where he needs to keep hitting the scoreboard against better opposition.
If he goes missing during that block, then the doubts will linger coming into finals but if he can keep bobbing up on a more consistent basis, then it remains his spot to lose. He definitely does his best work out of the goal square, as opposed to up the ground. He’s also a confidence player, so his first couple touches usually dictate how his day will unfold. He’s an important player …. at his best.
Cam Capricorn

Nick's BB Member #166

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2023 2:09 pm

piedys wrote:
But nobody here showing any concern about our putrid 2nd halves at the MCG of late, against mid-table interstate teams, who outscore us?
And WHY are we, the outright top side, allowing them to dictate so many quarters against us?
I'm not sure i'm buying the "conserving energy for next week" theory like many of you; our meagre return on 4 goals in the 2nd half today i'm putting down to ball slaughtering approaching F50 by experienced senior players.

Well big fella, after the bad knee injury it seemed a lot of creativity went out of the game, for both sides, and it became more of a tick the box game. In 1990 we would have pushed and pushed and won by 100... but these are the days of managing loads to ensure peak performance week in week out. In our science and coaching I trust.

I have come to a pretty simple conclusion to create inner peace; if we are good enough, we will win the flag, and if we are not, we won't, so no point fretting about it either way.

If Geelong win their next 4 games they will be premiership favourites. Lions at the Gabba, Dockers and then Port at Geelong, then us at the G.

BazBoy 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2023 2:56 pm

The burgeoning attack we are assembling
McStay -Cox-Johnson-Elliott-Adams -Josh&Nick -Hill

Checkers we will try and find a spot mate

Charlie Oneeye Scorpio

charlie oneeye

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2023 3:08 pm

Looked at it this morning

Selection is getting tight. AJ has demanded his spot, and has shifted the pressure onto other talls.

Checkers for Frampton
Cameron for Cox (or)
23 YIPPEE!!! 

YIPPEE 23!!!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2023 3:22 pm

What was the attendance at yesterdays game at the MCG.
mgh3536 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2023 3:26 pm

I’m failing to see Johnson in the best 22

Since coming back 5 of his 6 goals have come from kicks anyone could have kicked

But if
Miocech, whe and Cameron are in best 22 then

Johnson def has to go same for Frampton
Lipinski and mcreery under pressure
swooper 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2023 3:37 pm

90 nice wrote:
What was the attendance at yesterdays game at the MCG.

Just over 61,000
magpieazza 

magpieazza

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2023 3:48 pm

If we are so good that we can manage a game by slowing down or going up a gear, we are in really good shape.
It does seem like we have a team full of footy smarts though and being relatively injury free its all looking good. Fingers crossed.
I was expecting IQ to have a good year this year and boy has he delivered.
Elliott and Maynard are absolute battering rams.
Every time Elliott goes up he seems to fall hard on the ground and takes an eternity to get up, I wonder how he does it.
I cant pin point many weaknesses in our team apart from a Jeremy Cameron type player.
I guess our strength is how evenly spread we are across the team in terms of performance and team unity.
What has crept up on me is our midfield strength bc 18 months ago I wouldnt have predicted how good we are now.
Theres about 12-14 quality midfielders including half backs and half forwards ( which on paper is comparable to our 2019 squad, widely regarded as the best midfield group ever assembled )
Kudos to the coaching staff...hopefully we can hang on to the same coaching staff for a while and create an era of success.

gurugeoff 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2023 4:05 pm

There will be injuries and suspensions coming up, no doubt, good to have 27 bona fide senior players to choose from
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2023 4:26 pm

Jezza wrote:

Brayden Maynard looked like he re-aggravated his shoulder in the first quarter. Is that something he will have to manage?

Quote:
"Yeah, I don't think that's going to change. I think that's he's had it for a couple of years. It's just grumbling along. I'm stepping outside my expertise here, but I don't think it's a typical shoulder that pops in and out that needs a full reco like some get. It's certainly causing a little bit of grief here and there. It's something he's managed for a couple of years now".

Bruzzy was speaking on the Saturday Rub on MMM before the game. I forget the technical term he used for his shoulders, Hyper something, but it means they pop out easily but pop in by themselves. They're structurally sound but when they pop in an out, the ligaments stretch and it hurts a bit. (probably more than a bit, but Bruzzy is a tough boy.

So he's not playing injured as such, he blamed his Dad for his dodgy shoulders, it's just the way they are

23 YIPPEE!!! 

YIPPEE 23!!!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2023 4:40 pm

Any MRO from the game
Donny Aries

Formerly known as MAGFAN8.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2023 5:59 pm

No.

It's a game. Enjoy it. Very Happy
Donny Aries

Formerly known as MAGFAN8.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2023 5:59 pm

No.

It's a game. Enjoy it. Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 5 of 6   

Jump to: