Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post Match. Pies win another thriller. All comments.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
piffdog 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2023 6:37 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

So proud of the team. Like a few others have said I also wasn’t sure we’d be able to come back like we did but was ok with that. Felt like we have another gear come finals at the ‘G hopefully in the dry. Also nothing like high pressure moments to practice for high pressure moments.

Elliott was amazing and Sidey and Pendles were vintage. Backs were great early but found it harder as the ball got camped in their forward line through 2nd and 3rd quarter. Lots of contributors. Can find a couple highlights for every player. How about that sweeping handpass from Checkers to Pendles in the last q which lead to the Elliott mark!!

Most importantly however was that I think this was a dress rehearsal. Good chance to see what works and doesn’t.

High quality game and feel like it will give us an extra edge if/when we come up against them in a big final.

Lastly I’m not really into fate and all that, but things just seem to be happening for us. The goals in the last quarter, and the little touches and calls we did/didn’t get that helped achieve the result. In fairness the stars aligned a lot last year too and that didn’t win us a flag, but it is certainly a wild ride.

BazBoy 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2023 6:53 pm

Rioli gets 2 weeks
shawthing Virgo

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2023 7:25 pm

The saddest thing of all today is that despite trying to knock Murphy out Rioli gets an apology because apparently someone took offense to the criticism of his thuggishness. When will he apologise to us?
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2023 7:32 pm

^

Taking offense to his actions is one thing, racially vilifying him is something completely different.

We, rightfully, apologised for the Racist bullshit he copped. You can be angry at someones actions and call them out without resorting to that crap.

slangman 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2023 7:55 pm

Racist comments are never acceptable and the idiots that make them should be ashamed of themselves.

As much as i love Fly, i don’t agree with him regarding the quality of that win.
I feel like we played at approx 75-80% whilst the Pidgeons gave it 100%.

Murphy was bloody BRILLIANT!!!

Haff Capricorn

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2023 8:05 pm

shawthing wrote:
The saddest thing of all today is that despite trying to knock Murphy out Rioli gets an apology because apparently someone took offense to the criticism of his thuggishness. When will he apologise to us?

Probably haven’t read the room there… No excuse for racism. He could have walked over and kicked him in the head opening himself to all kinds of ridicule but still not warrant racist abuse.

Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2023 8:06 pm

BazBoy wrote:
Rioli gets 2 weeks

MRP detail:
https://www.afl.com.au/news/985749/match-review-rioli-learns-his-fate-as-hawk-eagle-cop-bans

Intentional. High. Medium impact.
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2023 8:09 pm

^ Disagree, remember, Port was at home, in front of their ferals fans, they are at least a four goals better team there, easy. I feel we gave it our all, al our guys, like Tay post game was stuffed, most of our guys were, it was a very hard match, we gave it our all. Fly was spot on, and I must say, too, I have never seen a coach, ever, go around to all the Opposition players, post game, and shake their hand, especially Rioli, never seen that before. In Fly we trust.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2023 8:31 pm

shawthing wrote:

The saddest thing is that people like you don’t get it.

K 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2023 8:42 pm

piedys wrote:
Ash Johnson got dropped for kicking 3 goals last week - for the life of me I CANNOT recall that ever happening before, for any team... perhaps B.T.'s 2 goals in the final term of the 1990QF draw?

BT claims he missed out on the flag 'cos Matthews didn't want him to write his book. Dunno if that's true. When did the book (or word of it) come out?

But hard to see whose place BT would take in the GF team.

piedys wrote:
Some of Pendle's disposals in first half were Gawd-awful, but it was the wet conditions and physical pressure from Port causing those.

Yep, some uncharacteristically poor disposals.
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2023 9:13 pm

K wrote:
piedys wrote:
Ash Johnson got dropped for kicking 3 goals last week - for the life of me I CANNOT recall that ever happening before, for any team... perhaps B.T.'s 2 goals in the final term of the 1990QF draw?

BT claims he missed out on the flag 'cos Matthews didn't want him to write his book. Dunno if that's true. When did the book (or word of it) come out?

Bt wrote a diary of the 1990 year, it was common knowledge during he year that he was writing it, in the book he details how Tony Shaw got him by the throat up against a locker and threatened retribution if he was written about.

BT was also doing a Saturday morning breakfast shift on a radio station during 1990, he told Matthews it was pre-recorded.

By the end of the 1990 season he was playing on one leg, had the mobility of a aircraft carrier, so no surprise that he was dropped. I doubt we win 1990 if he played.

K 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2023 9:22 pm

Yeah, IIRC BT got those 2 final-term goals by marking by protecting space with his huge backside. Couldn't jump any more!

And I remember Michael Christian was worried about his place in that finals series. Can't remember who the main competition for his place was, though.
Pies2016 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2023 9:39 pm

I’m going to give Cox the benefit of the doubt because the weather didn’t suit him, particularly with the protective eye-ware but he needs to do more in the next week or two or Frampton may get a finals dress rehearsal. Cox has done very little in recent weeks and watching Frampton in the VFL ( in similar conditions ) he looked like a player knocking on the door.
KenH Gemini

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2023 9:58 pm

Got home from Adelaide today, had a absolute ball over there, what a game to see live. I said to all around me at 3/4 time that we will get the first goal in the last quarter and then game on. We were surrounded by Port supporters and we stood up with each goal we got and gave it our all!
The Collingwood chant was just magnificent as reverberated around the ground and continued well after the siren. Even on our 50 minute walk back to our accommodation it still happened sometimes by me and my crew and then by randoms in cars and one time i could hear and had to find where it was coming from and then I could see a guy yelling from a balcony about 10 floors up from across the road that we were walking. It was the one of the best weekends that I have had!

piffdog 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2023 10:05 pm

Pies2016 wrote:
I’m going to give Cox the benefit of the doubt because the weather didn’t suit him, particularly with the protective eye-ware but he needs to do more in the next week or two or Frampton may get a finals dress rehearsal. Cox has done very little in recent weeks and watching Frampton in the VFL ( in similar conditions ) he looked like a player knocking on the door.

Flagged on the show on Fox just now also. Has been discussion on this board as well about Cox. Probably has played his best when playing more full time ruck, but don’t think Cameron is getting punted from that role (was great on Saturday night).

I know the weather wasn’t great, and who can forget 2018 prelim, but he’s not our best ruck and I don’t know if he’s in our best 2-3 tall forwards because he doesn’t do enough else. As a “utility” tall, Frampton probably a better all rounder. Not as tall, but probably equivalent as a second ruck and can play down back as well.

I’m not death riding Cox - a medallion would cap one of the great footy stories - but warrants discussion. Fascinating watch over the next few weeks to see how the team is put together.

Hope the list stays healthy.

Last edited by piffdog on Sun Jul 23, 2023 10:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next
Page 11 of 14   

Jump to: