Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post Match. Pies win another thriller. All comments.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 12, 13, 14  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Geek 

geek

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2023 3:24 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Piesnchess wrote:
I have followed the Magpies for decades and I have never seen a Collingwood team play like this one, ever. Ever. The resilience, courage, utter determination, the grit, the guts, the total refusal to ever be beaten, the never say die mantra has gone to a whole new level, i have never seen this before. This is a very special journey we are all on, with Flys team, and we are now privileged to be a part of it.

They look like they're flatout enjoying playing the game. It's gotta make a huge difference, especially when the coach's number one message is to play out the minutes

You're a long time retired. I only ever made it as far as a bit of ammos in the under 19s where I had a few good moments with my modest ability. Made a lot of mistakes in my life and some really stupid ones at that. But second after taking up and getting hooked on smoking, the biggest regret I have is that I didn't play more footy when I could. It's the best sport in the world and if I was to wager a few bob on it, I'd say that Fly has tapped into something there by letting the boys just go out and smash it.
KenH Gemini

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2023 5:03 pm

lazzadesilva wrote:
KenH wrote:
Got home from Adelaide today, had a absolute ball over there, what a game to see live. I said to all around me at 3/4 time that we will get the first goal in the last quarter and then game on. We were surrounded by Port supporters and we stood up with each goal we got and gave it our all!
The Collingwood chant was just magnificent as reverberated around the ground and continued well after the siren. Even on our 50 minute walk back to our accommodation it still happened sometimes by me and my crew and then by randoms in cars and one time i could hear and had to find where it was coming from and then I could see a guy yelling from a balcony about 10 floors up from across the road that we were walking. It was the one of the best weekends that I have had!

That must have been brilliant 😝 wish I was there! I’m fair dinkum watching the replay for the 3rd or 4th time and enjoying it each time 😃 Winning away against Port in front of a low IQ’d Port crowd would have been a magnificent and unforgettable experience 😂

Oh mate it was brilliant! When we got back we watched the last quarter again.

Dark Beanie Gemini

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2023 5:12 pm

stui magpie wrote:
^

Taking offense to his actions is one thing, racially vilifying him is something completely different.

We, rightfully, apologised for the Racist bullshit he copped. You can be angry at someones actions and call them out without resorting to that crap.

I agree.

All this has done is paint the club in a poor light (despite the fact that it may not have been Pies supporters), give Pies haters a reason to have another go at the club and detract from what was a great game from both sides.

Mr Miyagi 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2023 6:37 pm

one account registered to a Geelong business, the other accounts anonymous, so they could be anyone, not just Collingwood supporters. It’s likely they are though. And Fly and the club did the right thing apologising to Budda and calling the deplorable racism out. Given the hate spewed at our players in the game day thread by their own supporters, it could even be Port supporters turning on their own.

Last edited by Mr Miyagi on Mon Jul 24, 2023 9:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
Magpietothemax Taurus

magpietothemax

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2023 7:38 pm

pietillidie wrote:
mgh3536 wrote:
Huge mention for Darcy Cameron

Massive contested game

Yep, he was huge.

I third that.
As JC Hartley mentioned in his weekly review, Darcy Cameron's game was "pivotal''. It was a tremendous reminder of how good he can be.

Cam Capricorn

Nick's BB Member #166

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2023 10:14 pm

Lycett suited Cameron, similar beasts with similar pluses and minuses. If he cracks in like he did on the weekend he will be quite valuable. But if only he could nail some goals.
Uncle Jack Virgo

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2023 6:32 am

Dave The Man wrote:
Collingwood can be the Most Exciting and Most Frustrating Team to watch in 1 Game

They play like Melbourne weather
blybo 

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2023 2:29 pm

anyone who thinks we played below avg to their absolute best hasn't watched the replay. They missed quite a few easy set shots in the 3rd. We should have been 5 goals down at 3/4 time.

Great game and I think we are better most of the time, but don't think we'll have it all our own way in Sept @ the G
jonmac1954 

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2023 3:04 pm

And of course we didn't miss any easy shots at all did we??
slangman 

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2023 4:14 pm

blybo wrote:
anyone who thinks we played below avg to their absolute best hasn't watched the replay. They missed quite a few easy set shots in the 3rd. We should have been 5 goals down at 3/4 time.

Great game and I think we are better most of the time, but don't think we'll have it all our own way in Sept @ the G

I have watched the replay and saw the same two goals that Port kicked that should have been free kicks.
So your 5 goals up at 3qt less the two blatant free kicks would still have us winning.

piffdog 

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2023 2:55 am

Last word on this pack of pretenders: won’t it be sweet if (if…) they end up finishing third because they chose to rest a bunch of players in the lead up to our game, lost, and then lose to us anyway… They could end up third given they have a poorer % than Brisbane. Showdown this weekend will be huge. Crows always find another gear. Then Power have Cats at Geelong (good luck…)

From our perspective, should we lose in the quali final, where would we rather go for a prelim? Probably Adelaide, although if by some chance we get Melbourne at the ‘G I think that would be ok.

LaurieHolden Aquarius

Floreat Gymnorhina tyrannica

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2023 9:40 am

Bruzzy, lol.

"I looked in their eyes... Brayden Maynard is just staring at me, he's right in my grill." 👊

Craig McRae reveals details from his three quarter time chat that led to another come-from-behind win for Collingwood.

Source : https://twitter.com/1116sen/status/1683731720892448770?t=LwoqBt12Z_iylTm6bBbw0w&s=19

Magpietothemax Taurus

magpietothemax

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2023 12:04 am

^Thanks for this link LH. It was fascinating. It shows that Fly is approaching the ultimate aim of every coach: to build a team that can coach itself.
Pete 70 

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2023 2:49 am

Just watched the entire game (overseas with work). A few observations:

1 Sidley is so important.
2 No matter what you can’t keep Nick out of it. A quiet game is 20 and one clutch goal.
3 Lot of improvement from us to come.
4 Beau is a beast but also has some other tricks.
5 All this crap at the moment that Collingwood have lots to work on - we do and we are gettable - and somehow we keep coming. Question to Daisy at the start of the last; how many points to be safe against Collingwood at three quarter time? “Well maybe 45 points but if they got the first you’d be worried.” I think Daisy still loves us.
6 I think JDG and Nick are going to tear a final apart. I hope it’s the last one.
And finally, I so enjoy the banter here, I hope one day we can all manage a beer at a good pub in Melbourne

David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2023 11:25 am

Pete 70 wrote:
And finally, I so enjoy the banter here, I hope one day we can all manage a beer at a good pub in Melbourne

I second this suggestion!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 12, 13, 14  Next
Page 13 of 14   

Jump to: