Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post Match. Pies down to Blues. All comments.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 12, 13, 14  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Raw Hammer 

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2023 11:47 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

No percentage lead vs Brisbane. Lose to them and we’re staring down the barrel of an interstate final (or two).

Last edited by Raw Hammer on Fri Jul 28, 2023 11:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
Mr Miyagi 

Nice of the umps to pay one free to Titch for being held just so the AFL wouldn’t look bad for the dozens of other holds and blocks that went on all game at bounces and throw ins. Curnow knows how to play the umps too, did it last time (and last year). Other forwards and rucks should take notes how to play for gifts.

Last edited by Mr Miyagi on Fri Jul 28, 2023 11:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
shawthing Virgo

magpieazza wrote:

The annoying thing is that after all the positive talk about the magnificent pies...at the end of the day we havent won anything yet....not since 2010!!!

After tonight the spectre of our great 1970 team hangs over us. We didn't win that year either.
ANNODAM Gemini

Rebel Heart Tour - The Forum, Los Angeles 27/10/2015.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2023 11:49 pm

Totally get why BNE moved McStay on, they just don’t readily give up good players.

N.Y METS, N.Y GIANTS, PENRITH PANTHERS & HOBART HURRICANES FAN.

WE ALL LOOK GOOD AT TRAINING, IT'S THE MATCHES THAT COUNT!
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2023 11:50 pm

I do think Bluescim looked lot fresher than us tonight, they had a easy cakewalk game last week v the hapless Eagles, we had one hell of a hard slog v Port, over there. Must have had some effect on us, too many of our guys looked jaded, tired, like Nick. I also strongly believe as soon as Bobby went down with illness, we had to bring in Jack Ginni, he did well in the VFL, redeemed himself, i watched all that match . And ash should have played too, could not have done any worse than the poor kicking for goals forward line tonight. I hope Fly has learnt a hard lesson over poor selection, I knew we would struggle up forward, especially with Bobby out. Just hope this is the loss we had to have, No more hubris, we hvave learnt a hard lesson, from our most hated rival. We have got to start putting in for four full quarters, no more half game efforts, like v the Dockers, must be total full match effort now. Hawks next week, we must hit back hard, very hard, and pick a team with our best forward line, nothing less.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Raw Hammer 

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2023 11:51 pm

It was nice to believe a forward line bereft of at least one genuine elite KPF could win a flag with Flyball, but at the end of the day, the likes of Curnow and co. will always beat us if close to everything doesn’t go our way. We’ve all feared this, many of us have flagged this. Tonight proved this. And Carlton were 11th FFS.
What'sinaname Libra

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2023 11:52 pm

I thought McStay was good. Should have kicked 4
Raw Hammer 

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2023 11:53 pm

Piesnchess wrote:
I do think Bluescim looked lot fresher than us tonight, they had a easy cakewalk game last week v the hapless Eagles, we had one hell of a hard slog v Port, over there. Must have had some effect on us, too many of our guys looked jaded, tired, like Nick. I also strongly believe as soon as Bobby went down with illness, we had to bring in Jack Ginni, he did well in the VFL, redeemed himself, i watched all that match . And ash should have played too, could not have done any worse than the poor kicking for goals forward line tonight. I hope Fly has learnt a hard lesson over poor selection, I knew we would struggle up forward, especially with Bobby out. Just hope this is the loss we had to have, No more hubris, we hvave learnt a hard lesson, from our most hated rival. We have got to start putting in for four full quarters, no more half game efforts, like v the Dockers, must be total full match effort now. Hawks next week, we must hit back hard, very hard, and pick a team with our best forward line, nothing less.

As soon as it was a clear day today it was folly to not include Ash in the team. Ginnivan was a no brainer too. If it didn’t work, so be it. But now we’ll never know and we’ve dropped a game in the process. Buckley-esque selections tonight. Hubris and vomitous.

warburton lad 

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2023 11:54 pm

Outplayed by Carlton- beaten fair and square.

Things to note:

* the six day break after the slog in Adelaide did us no favours
* the forward line lacked zip without Bobby Hill
* Mason Cox had a very poor game, but the big forwards all led to the one space which did him no favours at all.
* Nick Daicos looked tired and should be sub next week.
* our team is not 'cooked' as some would suggest- I would take 16 wins and 3 losses any season- I think we will be revitalised for next week against the Hawks.
* our goal kicking was poor- it did not cost us the match, but it sure didn't help.

It is a shame that Macrae is injured- he would have been a good addition next week. Perhaps Carmichael may get a call up- Hill is a certainty to be straight back in and consideration would be given to Ash Johnson for Cox

I'm not shattered- would rather lose to Carlton in Round 20 than a big final.

Floreat Pica

ANNODAM Gemini

Rebel Heart Tour - The Forum, Los Angeles 27/10/2015.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2023 11:54 pm

Oh & Lipinski not in our best 22 atm.
I don’t watch enough of the VFL to know who’s doing well, is there anyone knocking on the door that might get a gig?

N.Y METS, N.Y GIANTS, PENRITH PANTHERS & HOBART HURRICANES FAN.

WE ALL LOOK GOOD AT TRAINING, IT'S THE MATCHES THAT COUNT!
Pep 

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2023 11:56 pm

magpieazza wrote:
Carlton played one on one footy and beat us fair and square.
They gave our handball receives no space at all, it was great disciplined run with footy by the Blues.
I think we were fatigued from last week and we sprayed our shots on goal. Howe in the forward line could be a secret weapon and we wont play this fatigued again for the rest of the year.

The annoying thing is that after all the positive talk about the magnificent pies...at the end of the day we havent won anything yet....not since 2010!!!

Bang on!! Took the words off my keyboard.
What'sinaname Libra

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2023 11:58 pm

If Nick is the sub, then we’re tanking
joemamone@gmail.com 

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2023 12:00 am

McStay is basically wasted space, I would much prefer Frampton or Ash. In fact I prefer Kreuger. Whilst I love Mihocek a review of his past performances against tough opposition is damning.
nomadjack 

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2023 12:00 am

ANNODAM wrote:
Totally get why BNE moved McStay on, they just don’t readily give up good players.

The guy's been back for three games following a long-term injury and has kicked two goals each game. Wtf do you want from him? He presented well tonight and was our only tall forward that looked like having an impact. He's a role playing workhorse... nothing more nothing less.
swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2023 12:01 am

Outplayed by a depleted Carlton side who also went on to lose Cerra.

They deserved the win as much as I hate to say it.

Poor loss and for mine the question of whether a back half game can take us all the way to a flag remains.

History would suggest no and after a narrow win and now defeat in games where the opposition effectively shut down our transition for large periods the jury is still out.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 12, 13, 14  Next
Page 3 of 14   

Jump to: