Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post Match. Pies down to Blues. All comments.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12, 13, 14  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
What'sinaname Libra

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2023 12:01 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Umpiring was awful.

Biased to us early and we got a lot of sort frees

Then a Curnow got a lot of easy frees

doriswilgus 

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2023 12:01 am

I sensed a bit of hubris in this game.The players started off like a house on fire,then just disappeared for two quarters.It seemed to start with Darcy Moore continually kicking it to Carlton players which resulted in goals,then the contagion spread to the rest of the team.Oh,well you can’t win them all,I suppose.

But some players are seriously out of form,Cox just isn’t offering anything at the moment,and I don’t think Lipinski is best 23 either.I think it’s time to drop both players,and give Ash Johnson and Frampton a go again.They couldn’t be any worse than some of the players were tonight.
Haff Capricorn

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2023 12:02 am

Next week will be telling, hawks far from push overs. Wish we could turn it around and be the side we were in May. That was the best side in the comp. This one is looking tired.
Raw Hammer 

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2023 12:04 am

At least our expectations of a premiership have been squashed. I’ll be happy to win a final and make a prelim the way we’re playing right now.

Adelaide: 2 good quarters
Gold Coast: 2.5 good quarters
Bulldogs: 2 good quarters
Fremantle: 2 good quarters
Port: 1.5 good quarters
Carlton: 1.5 good quarters

Collingwouldn't 

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2023 12:07 am

Greening gold wrote:
Dunno why Mihocek went home at quarter time. Or had he got his goal for the game? Perhaps move him back to defence, where he started, and put a bloke who can mark, say Jeremy Howe for example, to the forward line.
McStay needs to look in the mirror so he can see he is actually a big boy who can use his size, sort of like Tom Hawkins. Ginnivan crumbing in the forward line would have been useful.
We looked really sluggish - not sure if they were still playing last week's game but they fumbled, did not get numbers to the ball, play in front or be anywhere near the fall of the ball from spilled marks, and handballed wildly.
I can stand getting beaten but not by effing Carlton.
And 3 more scoring shots.

There'll be a support group at Melbourne Cemetery/Lygon St (Carlton North), 12.00 PM, Tuesday night. Bring your own Four 'n' Twenties ... We'll be fine.
doriswilgus 

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2023 12:12 am

Raw Hammer wrote:
At least our expectations of a premiership have been squashed. I’ll be happy to win a final and make a prelim the way we’re playing right now.

Adelaide: 2 good quarters
Gold Coast: 2.5 good quarters
Bulldogs: 2 good quarters
Fremantle: 2 good quarters
Port: 1.5 good quarters
Carlton: 1.5 good quarters

Just think how good we would be if we played four good quarters?
Pep 

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2023 12:13 am

As a few have said, beaten by the better side unfortunately. It just had the scum didn't it...

*Frustrating to see some our poor set shot kicking.
*Carlton's pressure by not letting us run put of defence and through the middle brought on mistakes that they pounced on.
*McStays best game, should of had 4. Took 3 contested marks in F50, to suggest he's not good for this team is idiotic really.
*As someone said, when Naicos kicks like that and JDG falls over himself about 3-4 times, it makes it hard.
*Curnow... He was isolated against Moore, who is very good, umps will pay any soft holding free. Curnpw is very good. He's the type of player who will always sink us given the opportunity
* I would like to see us be able to isolate McStay or Checkers and then flood fwd like the blues did. They were everywhere tonight.

As the wise The Lad said. I'm not shattered by this loss. We have played some very good footy this year.
We have earned our place at the top.

We have to have some sort of game mode or plan when the pressure is on, we can't just break fwd. we get opened up too easily.
maurs64 

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2023 12:14 am

Just how did Carlton beat us? By playing the same style of footy, just better. ALL of our players had an off night. NOTHING bounced our way! Curnow got FOUR free kicks in front of goal! EVERY Collingwood player went missing at various stages of the game! And yet we still only lost by 3 goals! I'm hoping that this performance was because of the hard game last week. I'm hoping they will be hurting & angry enough to destroy the Hawks next week. I think we'll see how great a coach McCrae is over these final H&A games.
Pep 

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2023 12:18 am

doriswilgus wrote:
I sensed a bit of hubris in this game.The players started off like a house on fire,then just disappeared for two quarters.It seemed to start with Darcy Moore continually kicking it to Carlton players which resulted in goals,then the contagion spread to the rest of the team.Oh,well you can’t win them all,I suppose.

But some players are seriously out of form,Cox just isn’t offering anything at the moment,and I don’t think Lipinski is best 23 either.I think it’s time to drop both players,and give Ash Johnson and Frampton a go again.They couldn’t be any worse than some of the players were tonight.

YES!! Moore's disposal was frustrating tonight.

Yes, but we still fought to the end, a lot went against us, but we were still right in the game. That's what Im clinging too lol

Last edited by Pep on Sat Jul 29, 2023 12:34 am; edited 1 time in total
choppa 

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2023 12:21 am

Bring big franpton in for cox and play howe forward. Bring Bobby in for who! Idk
woodys_world69 

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2023 12:22 am

we where TOO tall in the forward line
doriswilgus 

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2023 12:32 am

Curnow got six goals,four of which were from soft free kicks,Does he usually get so many goals from free kicks?
joemamone@gmail.com 

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2023 12:34 am

Not worried what Brayshaw says or thinks. Commentators and too many supporters simply look at the score line without real analysis. Mere fact we purportedly had a full squad means nothing. Undoubtedly, many factors, some not obvious were the cause for tonight's performance. I expected a loss tonight - Carlton are a very good team and I thought we were due. My biggest fear was Curnow as it proved to be, whether he should have got the free kicks or not. This latter is just one of the variables that must be accounted for in the loss. When I think of Curnow I am reminded of Cameron and how easy he gets goals against the pies.
Raw Hammer 

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2023 12:34 am

Against us? Yes. Refer to our game earlier this year.
Magpietothemax Taurus

magpietothemax

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2023 12:49 am

Cannot find Fly's presser anywhere. Does anyone have a link?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12, 13, 14  Next
Page 4 of 14   

Jump to: