Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post Match. Pies down to Blues. All comments.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13, 14  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Magpietothemax Taurus

magpietothemax

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2023 11:35 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

^True...Brisbane at the G would probably be easier than Melbourne at the G.
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2023 11:39 pm

Port Adelaide losing badly to the crows is the icing on the cake for us, that means our loss to the Blues, is now meaningless, we are still two games clear on top and Ports % fell a fair bit too. so its as if the defeat by the Blues never happened. Plus the lions lost in big upset too, so that again helps us. I stand by what I said, last weeks game was torrid an tough, in the wet, hard finals lkie game, an it affected BOTH sides this week, both Port and us. Anyway I am a lot happier tonight than last night, thats for sure. We have had out loss, our wake up call, and now we can truly act on it.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
doriswilgus 

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2023 11:43 pm

With all the results ending up in a status quo situation,it’s almost as if this round didn’t happpen at all.It’s like it disappeared in a rift in the space time continuum.That’s how I’m thinking about it,anyway.🥹
inxs88 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2023 12:15 am

Like that 1979 non-alcoholic drink.... it was a Clayton's Round.
woodys_world69 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2023 12:19 am

Kenny slumping to a 2 game losing streak "you dont win finals in July" LOL eating his own words.
Quincy 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2023 12:36 am

Port lose 3 in a row now.
eddiesmith Taurus

Lets get ready to Rumble

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2023 12:41 am

Seems it’s the round of upsets and shit teams winning. Probably a good sign we lost 😉
pietillidie 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2023 1:25 am

Wow, that's madness in a good way.

It could hint at a general exhaustion and teams timing their runs, even if subconsciously.

The level of professionalism is getting to a stage where 'momentum management' is clearly part of the vocabulary. Again, not necessarily in an overt way given you can't flirt with form and reducing intensity might even increase the likelihood of injury, but there's also more of an awareness of these things.

Or, it's just a plain old coincidence.

Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2023 3:31 am

The Hinkley karma bus continues, 3 losses on trot, now off to Kardinia park next week to face the Cats in a foul mood at home, this just gets better an better, hey Kenny ? yeh, flags are not one in July, loser.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Ronnie McKeowns boots 

Ronnie Mckeowns boots

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2023 8:58 am
Post subject: Re: pies v bluesReply with quote

orie wrote:

Can someone explain why Jamie Elliott near the goal square, given a gift of a free, passes it off to Checkers?

As soon as he did that, I just knew he would miss. And he did. Just why????

It was as baffling on the telly as it was to watch live; Jamie would surely slot that 96 times out of 100.

Was his confidence down? Strange evening in many ways

Jack 'Captain Blood' Dyer
Ronnie McKeowns boots 

Ronnie Mckeowns boots

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2023 9:01 am

Jezza wrote:
Today’s results (Port and Brisbane both losing) has somewhat dulled the pain of last night’s result.

We’re still 2 games clear on top Smile

Port lost eh? Another teams bites the dust the week after playing the Pies, lets see how the mighty Bloos go next week before too much smoke gets blown up their respective arses....

Jack 'Captain Blood' Dyer
Bucks5 Capricorn

Nicky D - Parting the red sea

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2023 9:08 am

Dermott Brereton puts the blame for our loss mainly on Moore (for his kick outs)

https://www.sen.com.au/news/2023/07/29/brereton-singles-out-pies-quartet-in-blues-loss/

Pies2016 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2023 10:50 am

mudlark wrote:
Raw Hammer wrote:
Bris will likely take top spot from us if they beat us at Marvel.

I hate to say it but we’re one trick pony’s right now. Naicos or bust.

Geez. Talk about jumping off when the going gets tough. If we kick straight, we win. The question that needs to be asked is WTF is going on with viruses running rampant through the club for 4 weeks. Clearly the 4 players affected were ordinary and we missed our crumbed in Bobby Hill. Looking at Ginnivan today he’s not in the senior team any time soon.

I was thinking about this virus stuff, so I will offer up a couple random thoughts -
1 ) because the club made the decision that anyone with so much as a sniffle, trains away from the group, are we just simply highlighting to the media that we have ill players. In contrast, maybe the other clubs allow their ill players to keep training with the main group and therefore the media aren’t alerted to their absence. The reality hardly any of our players miss, albeit they won’t be at their best in the day.
2 ) we win the vast majority of our games and celebrate with the fans around the boundary after every win. Maybe our players are exposed to more of the general public than other clubs during those regular celebrations.

Obviously Im only throwing it out there but it has certainly been a reoccurring theme over the last couple months. Sounds like Bobby was pretty crook last week too.

Agree on Ginnivan. He laid a good platform the week before but I thought his intensity and second efforts were down this week.
Pies2016 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2023 11:16 am

rambler wrote:
"Heavy loaded training" in preparation for finals.

My novice assumption after the few times i've heard this term brought up is that the team goes hard at training for a period of time to maximise fitness and then tapers off later.
Can someone give me some clarification on this and are we actually doing it, and if we are, can it be a reason for last nights performance.

These days, “ Heavy loading “ phases aren’t what they used to be. Every player is set up with a customised training program designed to achieve particular high performance markers at a specific point of the season. If players are meeting their markers during the season, then there is no need for them to undergo any additional work load that’s outside of the program that was already planned. If players are falling short of the required levels, then those players may be asked to do extra work to bring them up to speed. These days, everyone is treated individually, simply because everyone has a different physiology. If you put the entire group through a heavy loading period, half of them would either break down or hit the wall with burn out.
Mr Miyagi 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2023 11:32 am

This round killed my footy tipping, season over 😳
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13, 14  Next
Page 12 of 14   

Jump to: