Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post Match. Pies down to Blues. All comments.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14
View previous topic :: View next topic  
swooper 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2023 9:04 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

David wrote:
Not sure about that – if Melbourne can win and make a push for 3rd, it increases the chances of us getting a first-up home final against Brisbane. So that might actually be the better result for us!

This. Was thinking exactly this today. Melbourne to me are our greatest threat right now. If we finish on top, I for one, don't want to play them week of finals
ANNODAM Gemini

Rebel Heart Tour - The Forum, Los Angeles 27/10/2015.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2023 9:12 pm

The footy Gods are on our side, we’re primed to win this, we’re still 2 games clear on the ladder, prepare & take charge next week against the Hawks, one week at a time.

N.Y METS, N.Y GIANTS, PENRITH PANTHERS & HOBART HURRICANES FAN.

WE ALL LOOK GOOD AT TRAINING, IT'S THE MATCHES THAT COUNT!
shawthing Virgo

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2023 10:47 pm

inxs88 wrote:
Like that 1979 non-alcoholic drink.... it was a Clayton's Round.

Wasn't Clayton a Melbourne player? They were the big winners (along with GWS) this round. Statistically the Dees are now the number one flag threat. Petrarca the dark horse for Brownlow. Collingwood since the bye has been struggling with clearances and our run has been neutralised. Yes we've won the close ones, but that has taken its toll.

Anyone who saw First Crack on Fox tonight will know that for the first time they got stuck into Nick Daicos for being too selfish on Friday night. He had several better options to pass the ball off (two glaring ones in the last quarter), and instead he tried to be the hero and blazed away. They put it on him squarely. If you want to win a flag you have to bring your teammates into the game.

Last edited by shawthing on Sun Jul 30, 2023 10:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
shawthing Virgo

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2023 10:52 pm

Piesnchess wrote:

Spot on, my point exactly, I said this a number of times, whereas the Bluescum played witches hats Weagles, no wonder they looked far fresher. No bloody wonder.

They still have to run the same distance and kick all those goals. And those witches hats beat North Melbourne today. All I can say is thank goodness we didn't play Adelaide last week instead of Port (whose wheels are falling off). Hawthorn will be no skip in the park next week either. Then its Geelong in a do or die match for their season. Trouble ahead unless we bring our A game.
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2023 11:31 pm

shawthing wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:

Spot on, my point exactly, I said this a number of times, whereas the Bluescum played witches hats Weagles, no wonder they looked far fresher. No bloody wonder.

They still have to run the same distance and kick all those goals. And those witches hats beat North Melbourne today. All I can say is thank goodness we didn't play Adelaide last week instead of Port (whose wheels are falling off). Hawthorn will be no skip in the park next week either. Then its Geelong in a do or die match for their season. Trouble ahead unless we bring our A game.

give it a rest mate, Port were stuffed like us, and ran out of gas , same as we did, both badly affected. Nth are a joke, feel sorry for clarko, should have come in next season. Pick a decent side with ginnivan, ash, and bobby in it, rest cox for Frampton, we can belt the Hawks. Fly will have us in a foul mood for this game, I reckon.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Cam Capricorn

Nick's BB Member #166

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2023 11:37 pm

Bookies Round.

Next.

lazzadesilva Virgo

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2023 12:12 am

shawthing wrote:
Anyone who saw First Crack on Fox tonight will know that for the first time they got stuck into Nick Daicos for being too selfish on Friday night. He had several better options to pass the ball off (two glaring ones in the last quarter), and instead he tried to be the hero and blazed away. They put it on him squarely. If you want to win a flag you have to bring your teammates into the game.

They sound nonsensical ignorant comments to me. For all we know, he may have been following the coach’s instructions to have one of Collingwood’s best players take scoring opportunities when they presented. Makes more sense than dumb ignorant comments about being selfish. Those fools either have hidden agendas or are after ratings rather than accurate information.

BazBoy 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2023 2:04 pm

Forward craft was down agin the Blue Baggers —Howe late move helped and McStay was reasonably good

Meanwhile Ginny & Ash were to tear Blue maggoos apart.

The balance/ chemistry in fwd out of these guys
Checkers,McStay,Johnson plus Ginny and Bobby—they must find it come finals

Geek 

geek

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2023 2:05 pm

lazzadesilva wrote:
Cam wrote:
My guess for why we looked so flat is that we are having a 2-3 week harder training block before easing off. We lacked overlap and number possibilities, but they had more to play for. Whilst its disappointing, if you don't get caught up in the whole Collingwood-Carlton thing, it's just a game we dropped and can learn from. I still have PTSD from my childhood but the Blues have been rubbish for nearly half my life now, so there's that.
On the plus side, Voss will get another year Razz

I hear what you’re saying and normally would be in agreeance but I’m not still over the psychological pain from 1979 and 1981 and George Harris’s ridicule and smirking sledging of Collingwood. It should be a standing order set in triple concrete that we never ever lose to the scum. Period. Kaput.

Love your work Lazza. But it's been 40 years, man. I'm going to have to give you a pep talk.

There's an event that causes you trauma. It's perpetrator is responsible for that. The trauma sticks with you for a bit and that's also on them to a degree but after a period of time, you need to take ownership of your feelings towards the matter. When you recall the event and ascribe suffering to it, it is you that is re-perpetrating it. 40 years now. You are guilty of causing decades of pain on yourself.

I can look at the record and wish that we had won in 79 and 81. We would then be clear top on the premiership count. But that's it. Like you, I copped heaps of stick about the Colliwobbles. Still do to a degree though we both know it's nothing like it was prior to '90. But that's it.

There's an event. There's an emotional response. There's how long we choose to hold that response. We have a brain in part to govern our emotions and whip them into line when they are not serving us correctly. People still give you grief about old losses? It's because you are low hanging fruit. Let go of the dead weight and you will automatically rise above.

I must know a half dozen Carlton fans. 2 of them are paid up members and have gone to just about every Melbourne game for their whole bleak period. 79 and 81? I hear more about it here than in all those drunken nights at the bar with them put together. Fact is, they care more about '70 anyway and that is truly ancient history. It was 10 years ago when it was as old as '79 and '80 are now.

Collingwood has a monkey on its back. That monkey makes the club's collective sphincter tighten up every time we are challenged in September. It's a trope known nationwide, even to people that don't even like or follow our sport. We need to rid ourselves of that monkey but too many of our fans refuse to do so. They like that monkey. They resent and even hate it at the same time but they need it. It is a part of their identity. And while they willingly keep giving into it and feeding it with sorrow only they and their fellow sufferers feel, they will never be free of it.

If we meet Carlton in finals, then **** 'em. Forget the failures of 4 decades ago. Carlton at this very moment is on a 23 year losing streak, the high point of which in their eyes was when they lost a semi final back in 2012. Listen to them lionise Ratten because he had them "5 points from a prelim". It's pathetic and so are they. Here's a chance to heap more misery on 'em. I welcome the opportunity and so should you.

Go Pies.
Johnno75 

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2023 2:17 pm

lazzadesilva wrote:
shawthing wrote:

They sound nonsensical ignorant comments to me. For all we know, he may have been following the coach’s instructions to have one of Collingwood’s best players take scoring opportunities when they presented. Makes more sense than dumb ignorant comments about being selfish. Those fools either have hidden agendas or are after ratings rather than accurate information.

I wouldn’t say it’s nonsensical ignorant comments when you look at the vision. But no one is hanging him on it. I am sure the senior players will have a chat to him about it he is still a pup in the AFL and learning. It’s better for this sort of stuff to happen now rather than in a big final.

lazzadesilva Virgo

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2023 4:22 pm

Johnno75 wrote:
I wouldn’t say it’s nonsensical ignorant comments when you look at the vision. But no one is hanging him on it. I am sure the senior players will have a chat to him about it he is still a pup in the AFL and learning. It’s better for this sort of stuff to happen now rather than in a big final.

I reckon First Crack was hanging it on Naicos and I’m very happy to defend him on any forum. I’m absolutely certain that McRae will be encouraging him to play on his instincts as much as possible because if you don’t do that with natural talent, you could hurt his confidence to play with his ability. He has a lot to learn but he is also coming from an advanced level of footy knowledge.

uuuuu..... The LoneSTAR 

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2023 11:02 am

I HATE carlton.

The loss hurts me personally. Its deep. However, in our current scenario its not really a big deal to drop a game or two over the last 6 rounds of the H&A season. Provided we secure a top4/home final I don't mind leaving a little in reserve or not showing all our cards in the lead up to September. [That's what I'm telling myself anyway]

My positive for the game was McStay.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14
Page 14 of 14   

Jump to: