Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Week 1 Finals Melbourne or Port Adelaide (it’s Melbourne)

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Week 1 Opponent
Port Adelaide
73%
 73%  [ 17 ]
Melbourne
26%
 26%  [ 6 ]
Total Votes : 23

rad 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2023 7:00 pm
Post subject: Week 1 Finals Melbourne or Port Adelaide (it’s Melbourne)Reply with quote

Assuming we lock in top two from here who do you prefer to play first up on the G?

Playing Melbourne takes away the home advantage although they are looking shaky. Keep the ball away from May and they’re half way beat.

I would rather play anyone but Geelong. Two key forwards could trouble us if they catch fire. Cameron loves playing us.

I feel Port would be the easiest kill but I don’t think we get a chance until the granny to play them and I’d love that to be our opponent if we make it.

Brisbane have a team on paper that are balanced across all lines but the mental hurdle of the G remains strong.

I just hope we get rewarded with an advantage for the great season we’ve had.
David Libra

to wish impossible things

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2023 7:23 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

None of the above are easy opponents, but Brisbane at the MCG is probably the best scenario.
Haff Capricorn

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2023 7:28 pm

Don’t really want to play Melbourne but I can’t see how that’s avoided at this point.
That said, winning flags you have to beat the best.

Johnno75 

Can’t see the top 4 changing, if Port lose to Adelaide then Lions might get 2nd. QF Friday September 8 Coll v Melb. Could possibly get Port in a prelim then Lions in the big one.
lazzadesilva Virgo

We need to treat every final as an extremely tough game and prepare accordingly. Anything less than perfect preparation will be disastrous.
duggieboy 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2023 7:57 pm

Like you Rad, I think Geelong are the ones I wouldn't want us to meet - reckon they're better than their current ladder position.
piffdog 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2023 9:52 pm

Don’t know about Geelong. They’re slower than us. Ingest challenge IMO would be keeping Hawkins, Cameron and Rohan all under control. Would love to see them get GWS first up - would probably back in the Giants.

Ideally Melbourne could start the finals on the other side of the draw (ie we play one of the other two in week 1). Would give a slightly higher chance of a MCG prelim if we happen to lose week one - otherwise it will almost certainly be a trip to Adelaide or Bris if we can’t win a qualifying final.

Then again - you just gotta beat whoever comes along on the day. Given the way we play, there will be moments in the finals where we may be right behind the eight ball and have to try and find a way.

Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2023 11:05 pm

Difficult question to answer as all the current top 4 sides are all very capable teams in their own right.

I think the Lions at the MCG is the 'easiest' game with their poor record at the ground. However, I'd dread playing them up at the Gabba.

Melbourne worry me. They were effective in stopping us playing our natural corridor game in a way very few sides have been so far this year when we played them on King's Birthday.

Geelong are not as good as the last few years, but their big power forwards will test our defence. Can't discount their finals experience either so they shouldn't be underestimated.

Hard to get a gauge on Port. They played well last night, but I'm still not sure about their MCG record.

Boot 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2023 1:26 pm

The way this season is playing out I think that Collingwood will be playing Melbourne in the first week of the finals i.e. 1 vs 4, at the MCG Qualifying Final
I think Collingwood have Melbourne's measure, albeit they won the Kings Birthday match when Collingwood had a number of players coming off the flu and no DeGoey. Melbourne were missing Oliver too.

That leaves it to Port Adelaide and Brisbane to fight it our for the other Qualifying Final. I expect that it would be the team who has the home ground advantage in that game that will win and therefore most likely win their Preliminary Final at their home ground to go into the Grand Final.

Hence Collingwood can expect to play one of the looser of the Port Adelaide and Brisbane Qualifying Final in the Preliminary Final at the MCG if we can defeat Melbourne in our Qualifying Final. I think that should be a relatively easy run into the Grand Final for us after a week off to prepare and refresh.

Therefore winning that first Qualifying Final is probably the most important game of the upcoming final series outside of the Grand Final itself. Lets all hope the Pies are up for it that day!

DT 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2023 3:03 pm

Brisbane are the second best or best team in the competition- they were my premiership tip preseason. Ashcroft is a big loss to them. Now way anyone beats them at Brisbane. The game at Marvel should be a beauty.
Dark Beanie Gemini

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2023 4:06 pm

I don't care so long as we win.
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2023 5:19 pm

IF we are good enough to win the Flag we should be able to beat Anyone and Anywhere
burnsy17 Virgo

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2023 7:32 pm

Ideally we’re playing an interstate side at the MCG week 1.

However, it’s 99% likely we’re playing Melbourne.

Raw Hammer 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2023 8:06 pm

Will likely have to play Melb at the MCG at some stage. May as well be week one. Although, likely means we’re both well rested after the mandatory pre finals week off, as opposed to playing Bris or Port week one, having a rest, and playing the Dees in a prelim after they’ve played a couple of games in a row.
23 YIPPEE!!! 

YIPPEE 23!!!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2023 8:50 pm

agree burnsy.

ideally interstate.

but i do not fear Demons at all and i think we can beat them well and proper come QF week 1 in finals.

Melbourne are gettng ahead of themselves and might not even make 4th.

Theres a chance we play the dogs at the mcg as well.

As long as we win week 1 of finals have a nice week off and play a prelim at the mcg.

i think week 1 is the week that sets up September.

Last year week 1 screwed us up and cost us a place in the GF.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4   

Jump to: