Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post Match. Pies win thriller. All comments.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15, 16  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jonmac1954 

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2023 10:36 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr Miyagi wrote:
Oh ffs we beat both Melbourne and GWS. We won. We didn’t “dodge a bullet.” That implies we shouldn’t be here, we’re pretenders (most popular commend in the game day threads). Have some $�$%^%%$ confidence and pride in our abilities to win games instead of “oooh we’re not that good, we’re really lucky to be here blah blah.” We WON our way to a GF and we’ll win that one too. Go Pies!

AMEN Mr M.

We are in this up to our eyeballs, some of you need to grow a pair.
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2023 10:43 am

jonmac1954 wrote:
Meredith1965 wrote:
GWS have had ten years of concessions from the AFL as they tried to tilt the playing field in their favour to build a fair-weather fan base for the most Frankenstein team since Gold Coast. Those concessions accumulate.

I suspect GWS are the most talented team in the competition by some margin. This was a great, great win.

And neither team has made any inroads regarding supporter bases - they are still regarded as rude interlopers and always will be.

We will be paying for AFL hubris forever because the rugby states will never relent.

GWS is the AFL's Vietnam......a war the US (and sadly Australia) should never have begun, but which cost billions of dollars (not to mention 4 million lives), until Washington finally admitted defeat and withdrew.
jonmac1954 

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2023 10:57 am

RudeBoy wrote:
jonmac1954 wrote:
Meredith1965 wrote:
GWS have had ten years of concessions from the AFL as they tried to tilt the playing field in their favour to build a fair-weather fan base for the most Frankenstein team since Gold Coast. Those concessions accumulate.

I suspect GWS are the most talented team in the competition by some margin. This was a great, great win.

And neither team has made any inroads regarding supporter bases - they are still regarded as rude interlopers and always will be.

We will be paying for AFL hubris forever because the rugby states will never relent.

GWS is the AFL's Vietnam......a war the US (and sadly Australia) should never have begun, but which cost billions of dollars (not to mention 4 million lives), until Washington finally admitted defeat and withdrew.

If anyone still doubts look at the Swans supporter base and remember they were the very first expansion franchise.

The South Melbourne Swans had a better supporter base.

As for putting Edelsten in charge . . . FMD

The Weagles and Crows fair enough they have a decent supporter base but trying to muscle into the rugby states with not one team per state but two teams is probably the single most brain dead idea in the history of sport worldwide.
piedys Taurus

Heeeeeeere's Dyso!!!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2023 11:14 am

jonmac1954 wrote:
Mr Miyagi wrote:
Oh ffs we beat both Melbourne and GWS. We won. We didn’t “dodge a bullet.” That implies we shouldn’t be here, we’re pretenders (most popular commend in the game day threads).
Have some $�$%^%%$ confidence and pride in our abilities to win games instead of “oooh we’re not that good, we’re really lucky to be here blah blah.” We WON our way to a GF and we’ll win that one too. Go Pies!

AMEN Mr M.

Blokes, to imply "dodge a bullet/s" doesn't necessarily mean we didn't deserve to win, nor were inferior by any stretch; that's simply your defensive paranoia manifesting.

I don't recall ANY posters stating, in any thread: “oooh we’re not that good, we’re really lucky to be here blah blah...” etc in even terms remotely resembling those?

Both finals were obviously hard fought and very well contested, and the losers were absolutely unlucky, not necessarily the better team.

I'd argue that most teams that win their way through to the GF and/or win in any given year, DO in fact get lucky and indeed “dodge a bullet” of some sort during their respective finals campaigns.
Point in case, Geelong last year, after no Collingwood player paid Selwood ANY RESPECT WHATSOEVER in the centre clearances late in the final term in 2022QF, and he took the game away from us off his own boot.
And not to mention pox pink ducks Sydney, who can't win a final without umpire interference.

Richmond's umpired win in 2020PF vs. Port?
Footscray 2016 campaign anyone?
Hawthorn 2013/2014/2015 and Stevic?
Many sliding door moments during those years.

For mine, we played better football in the 2022 finals series, compared to this year; but here we are, one win away from #16.

We are in this up to our eyeballs indeed; but extra pairs aren't required Surprised

think better 

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2023 11:16 am

jonmac1954 wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:
jonmac1954 wrote:
Meredith1965 wrote:

If anyone still doubts look at the Swans supporter base and remember they were the very first expansion franchise.

The South Melbourne Swans had a better supporter base.

As for putting Edelsten in charge . . . FMD

The Weagles and Crows fair enough they have a decent supporter base but trying to muscle into the rugby states with not one team per state but two teams is probably the single most brain dead idea in the history of sport worldwide.

And not having a Tassie team all this time makes no sense.

jonmac1954 

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2023 11:32 am

piedys wrote:
jonmac1954 wrote:
Mr Miyagi wrote:
Oh ffs we beat both Melbourne and GWS. We won. We didn’t “dodge a bullet.” That implies we shouldn’t be here, we’re pretenders (most popular commend in the game day threads).
Have some $�$%^%%$ confidence and pride in our abilities to win games instead of “oooh we’re not that good, we’re really lucky to be here blah blah.” We WON our way to a GF and we’ll win that one too. Go Pies!

AMEN Mr M.

Blokes, to imply "dodge a bullet/s" doesn't necessarily mean we didn't deserve to win, nor were inferior by any stretch; that's simply your defensive paranoia manifesting.

I don't recall ANY posters stating, in any thread: “oooh we’re not that good, we’re really lucky to be here blah blah...” etc in even terms remotely resembling those?

Both finals were obviously hard fought and very well contested, and the losers were absolutely unlucky, not necessarily the better team.

I'd argue that most teams that win their way through to the GF and/or win in any given year, DO in fact get lucky and indeed “dodge a bullet” of some sort during their respective finals campaigns.
Point in case, Geelong last year, after no Collingwood player paid Selwood ANY RESPECT WHATSOEVER in the centre clearances late in the final term in 2022QF, and he took the game away from us off his own boot.
And not to mention pox pink ducks Sydney, who can't win a final without umpire interference.

Richmond's umpired win in 2020PF vs. Port?
Footscray 2016 campaign anyone?
Hawthorn 2013/2014/2015 and Stevic?
Many sliding door moments during those years.

For mine, we played better football in the 2022 finals series, compared to this year; but here we are, one win away from #16.

We are in this up to our eyeballs indeed; but extra pairs aren't required Surprised

No indeed the Uriah Heeps here and elsewhere skirt around the ragged edges, always fist in line to apologize to the AFL before a word has even been said against our club. Always downplaying our teams strength - I have no issue with taking a balanced and realistic view but watch closely, keep an eye on repeat "offenders" the pattern gives them away.

Cringeworthy sychophants.
Mr Miyagi 

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2023 11:39 am

As soon as the stop sign went up with a few minutes to go, I knew we’d won. Those last few minutes are a Masterclass in locking the game down. Watch the replay, it was simply brilliant and we knew exactly what we were doing. That wasn’t luck.
ANNODAM Gemini

Rebel Heart Tour - The Forum, Los Angeles 27/10/2015.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2023 11:43 am

jonmac1954 wrote:
Meredith1965 wrote:

No they won’t, plus now that QLD has yet another NRL team up there, it makes it that little bit more difficult for the Suns.

I don’t want to think how much BNE (as in the city) will celebrate if both the Lions & Broncos win next week.

FMD!

N.Y METS, N.Y GIANTS, PENRITH PANTHERS & HOBART HURRICANES FAN.

WE ALL LOOK GOOD AT TRAINING, IT'S THE MATCHES THAT COUNT!
piedys Taurus

Heeeeeeere's Dyso!!!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2023 11:44 am

jonmac1954 wrote:
No indeed the Uriah Heeps here and elsewhere skirt around the ragged edges, always fist in line to apologize to the AFL before a word has even been said against our club.
Always downplaying our teams strength - I have no issue with taking a balanced and realistic view but watch closely, keep an eye on repeat "offenders", the pattern gives them away.

Cringeworthy sycophants.

We'll indeed need every "team strength" firing, to get us over the line.

Thus, should we win the cup next week, feel free to name and shame.

No qualms there...

KenH Gemini

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2023 11:48 am

ANNODAM wrote:
jonmac1954 wrote:
Meredith1965 wrote:

No they won’t, plus now that QLD has yet another NRL team up there, it makes it that little bit more difficult for the Suns.

I don’t want to think how much BNE (as in the city) will celebrate if both the Lions & Broncos win next week.

FMD!

I hope that the Broncos win so they can celebrate that one while we can celebrate ours on Saturday!

mudlark 

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2023 11:53 am

Charlie Oneeye wrote:
Great win Pies.

IF, McStay is out,,, it is probably the one injury with the least hurt factor.

Not saying anything against him , but as we saw tonight , it wasn't the 10 goal forward that got us over the line. (Wish we had one)

Not sure Frampton is the answer up forward, and Howe looked good down back tonight.

Adams in, Ginni sub. Cox and Cameron float more time forward.

If Admas doent make it... could it be Mcinnes time? I love the guy.

So what ARE you saying then?? Daniel haters on this page are plentiful and SHOULD have had 3 by half time., but missed a 15 mtr soda.. We will miss him desperately. I think they'll go shorter with Fin MacCrae to be a bold bolter.
jonmac1954 

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2023 11:54 am

piedys wrote:
jonmac1954 wrote:
No indeed the Uriah Heeps here and elsewhere skirt around the ragged edges, always fist in line to apologize to the AFL before a word has even been said against our club.
Always downplaying our teams strength - I have no issue with taking a balanced and realistic view but watch closely, keep an eye on repeat "offenders", the pattern gives them away.

Cringeworthy sycophants.

We'll indeed need every "team strength" firing, to get us over the line.

Thus, should we win the cup next week, feel free to name and shame.

No qualms there...

No I don't get personal online not a keyboard warrior just a fair dinkum up front supporter disgusted with those who aren't fair dinkum.
piedys Taurus

Heeeeeeere's Dyso!!!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2023 11:57 am

Mr Miyagi wrote:
As soon as the stop sign went up with a few minutes to go, I knew we’d won. Those last few minutes are a Masterclass in locking the game down.
Watch the replay, it was simply brilliant and we knew exactly what we were doing. That wasn’t luck.

So the Stop sign presumably means "kill the ball and the contest"?
Masterclass in locking the game down for sure, no question.
Indeed it was simply brilliant and we knew exactly what we were doing
absolutely, as that process has been perfected by us in last few weeks at the death.
So no, that wasn’t luck at all- that was discipline and following the processes.

However, that period late in final term isn't necessarily where the "luck" factor does or doesn't manifest; it can be sliding door moments in any periods of the game that influence a momentum swing either way.
Shots on goal missed, that were gettable, to state the obvious.
Fumbling of the ball by any random player, split marks that result in a critical turn over etc.

IMO, i think overall, GWS botched more chances than we did. Simple as that.

Not telling you anything you don't already know here Sensei... Very Happy

jonmac1954 

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2023 12:05 pm

piedys wrote:
Mr Miyagi wrote:
As soon as the stop sign went up with a few minutes to go, I knew we’d won. Those last few minutes are a Masterclass in locking the game down.
Watch the replay, it was simply brilliant and we knew exactly what we were doing. That wasn’t luck.

So the Stop sign presumably means "kill the ball and the contest"?
Masterclass in locking the game down for sure, no question.
Indeed it was simply brilliant and we knew exactly what we were doing
absolutely, as that process has been perfected by us in last few weeks at the death.
So no, that wasn’t luck at all- that was discipline and following the processes.

However, that period late in final term isn't necessarily where the "luck" factor does or doesn't manifest; it can be sliding door moments in any periods of the game that influence a momentum swing either way.
Shots on goal missed, that were gettable, to state the obvious.
Fumbling of the ball by any random player, split marks that result in a critical turn over etc.

IMO, i think overall, GWS botched more chances than we did. Simple as that.

Not telling you anything you don't already know here Sensei... Very Happy

We have our work cut out for us but we have the process in place to deal with it.
Lions are virtually unbeatable up at the Gabba with their redneck locals bullying the umps.
It won't be the Gabba and there won't be the canned local rednecks to bully the umps.
AND we won't wilt or fold as a couple of others have in their final run, they will be put through the grinder.
Those boys will walk through fire and flood next Saturday so if the Lions do prevail they will be bloody sore and exhausted.

Last edited by jonmac1954 on Sun Sep 24, 2023 12:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
piedys Taurus

Heeeeeeere's Dyso!!!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2023 12:06 pm

jonmac1954 wrote:

No I don't get personal online not a keyboard warrior just a fair dinkum up front supporter disgusted with those who aren't fair dinkum.

Not at all - hauling a fellow poster over the coals for treason doesn't define another as either a keyboard warrior, nor a troll by any stretch!

Doesn't have to be a personal attack, simply constructive criticism.
I doubt anybody posting on Nicks has a problem as such with that.

Speak up - this is a forum, and the online skins are actually pretty tough Confused

And the Mods [cue booing...] do an awesome job of keeping any internal sledging in its place.

Watch this space in a weeks time - i'll either be delirious, or tearing new ones - no grey areas with me! Laughing

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15, 16  Next
Page 14 of 16   

Jump to: