Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post Match. Pies win thriller. All comments.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 14, 15, 16  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
piedys Taurus

Heeeeeeere's Dyso!!!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2023 12:18 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

jonmac1954 wrote:
We have our work cut out for us but we have the process in place to deal with it.

Agreed
jonmac1954 wrote:
Lions are virtually unbeatable up at the Gabba with their redneck locals bullying the umps.

Agreed; like most interstate venues - you do indeed wonder who is actually umpiring the game - the crowd or maggots?

jonmac1954 wrote:
It won't be the Gabba and the locals at the G will number in excess of 90,000 rabid Pies fans.

Well, working backwards from 100,000 - it depends what freeloading corporate scum the MCC, McLaughlin and the other criminals allow into the venue to torment Collingwood supporters.
With only 17,000 tickets designated to each club's members in this annual rort, i'd hope vocally we can number perhaps 60,000 of total attendance?

jonmac1954 wrote:
AND we won't wilt or fold as a couple of others have in their final run, they will be put through the grinder.
Those boys will walk through fire and flood next Saturday so if the Lions do prevail they will be bloody sore and exhausted.

I'm hoping this can be placed up there with our greatest triumphs, should we prevail.
If things don't go our way, i'd hope it's closer to 2002, than 2003.

If it's repeat of 2018, don't worry about hearing from ol' Dyso again, as I will have died from a brain aneurism venting during broadcast!

Either way, i'll be on the couch at home, and going unreservedly fuckingbeserk Laughing

Last edited by piedys on Sun Sep 24, 2023 12:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
jonmac1954 

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2023 12:21 pm

piedys wrote:
jonmac1954 wrote:
We have our work cut out for us but we have the process in place to deal with it.

Agreed
jonmac1954 wrote:
Lions are virtually unbeatable up at the Gabba with their redneck locals bullying the umps.

Agreed; like most interstate venues - you do indeed wonder who is actually umpiring the game - the crowd or maggots?

jonmac1954 wrote:
It won't be the Gabba and the locals at the G will number in excess of 90,000 rabid Pies fans.

Well, working backwards from 100,000 - it depends what freeloading corporate scum the MCC, McLaughlin and the other criminals allow into the venue to torment Collingwood supporters.
With only 17,000 tickets designated to each club's members in this annual rort, i'd hope vocally we can number perhaps 60,000 of total attendance?

jonmac1954 wrote:
AND we won't wilt or fold as a couple of others have in their final run, they will be put through the grinder.
Those boys will walk through fire and flood next Saturday so if the Lions do prevail they will be bloody sore and exhausted.

I'm hoping this can we placed up there with our greatest triumphs, should we prevail.
If things don't go our way, i'd hope it's closer to 2002, than 2003.

Either way, i'll be on the couch at home, and going unreservedly fuckingbeserk Laughing

No arguments - forgot about the fcking corporates (amended my post to take that into account).
If my health was better I'd be there screaming my lungs out but like you it will be coach time - I have some frosties line up for the game and a lovely single malt for celebrating the flag.
piedys Taurus

Heeeeeeere's Dyso!!!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2023 12:29 pm

jonmac1954 wrote:
No arguments - forgot about the fcking corporates (amended my post to take that into account).

I accept some Corp tix have to be allocated, but the AFL just pisses all over the real fans who float the gate takings, year after year, with no remorse whatsoever.

jonmac1954 wrote:
If my health was better I'd be there screaming my lungs out but like you it will be coach time - I have some frosties lined up for the game and a lovely single malt for celebrating the flag.

And by 5.00pm may your frosties taste of Victory, and the single malt taste like the nectar of the Gods.
And I will be doing an all-niter if we get up; it will be a free-for-all for the ages.

jonmac1954 

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2023 12:43 pm

piedys wrote:
jonmac1954 wrote:

I accept some Corp tix have to be allocated, but the AFL just pisses all over the real fans who float the gate takings, year after year, with no remorse whatsoever.

jonmac1954 wrote:
If my health was better I'd be there screaming my lungs out but like you it will be coach time - I have some frosties lined up for the game and a lovely single malt for celebrating the flag.

And by 5.00pm may your frosties taste of Victory, and the single malt taste like the nectar of the Gods.
And I will be doing an all-niter if we get up; it will be a free-for-all for the ages.

I was at Princes park the first Collingwood away match VS Slime after they opened their corporate boxes - the first ones in the league.
It has been a steady deterioration of supporter rights and privileges since then - whenever money gets in it pollutes everything.
Thanks Re Frosties - they will be getting a hammering.

Dad lived and breathed the Pies having supported them through the machine era - he left me a couple of dozen Laphroaigh 25 y.o. bottles in his will back in 1964 with the only proviso of finishing one off for every flag the boys win.

I'll be sitting out the back Saturday night toasting him and mum imagining him giving St Peter hell all night ROFLMFOAO.
piedys Taurus

Heeeeeeere's Dyso!!!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2023 12:53 pm

jonmac1954 wrote:

I was at Princes park the first Collingwood away match VS Slime after they opened their corporate boxes - the first ones in the league.
It has been a steady deterioration of supporter rights and privileges since then - whenever money gets in it pollutes everything.

And did they serve everything in paper bags on that day?
Jack Elliott and Pigarse Park; paper bag central!

jonmac1954 wrote:
Thanks Re Frosties - they will be getting a hammering.

Dad lived and breathed the Pies having supported them through the machine era - he left me a couple of dozen Laphroaigh 25 y.o. bottles in his will back in 1964 with the only proviso of finishing one off for every flag the boys win.

I'll be sitting out the back Saturday night toasting him and mum imagining him giving St Peter hell all night ROFLMFOAO.

Awesome - we will hold you to that!
If we win - you know where to find us all; should we not prevail, I will be sulking it up with the shits royaly in the corner in isolation like 2018.

Anyhoo, we shall re-adjourn later in the week...

jonmac1954 

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2023 1:04 pm

The AFL is always protecting their expansion clubs through to the GF if humanly possible.

We are self funded and not beholding to them.

I have two words for the AFL's policy of media capitalized expansion . . . .

Caveat Emptor.
Mr Miyagi 

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2023 1:16 pm

Nope, it really rankles me when I hear “we were lucky to win.” Watching the reply, and bloody hell Crisp, Sidey, De Goey, NDaicos, IQ, Pendles played A++++ footy. I reckon that was the best game I’ve seen Jordy play, and he’s played a few.
Mr Miyagi 

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2023 1:34 pm

In fact, Jordy for the Norm Smith. Lock it in.
jonmac1954 

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2023 1:40 pm

We all knew Jordy had this in him such a shame it has taken him so long to realize his potential.

That game was a statement by Jordy - if he follows through he can take the competition by the throat and rattle it stupid.
23 YIPPEE!!! 

YIPPEE 23!!!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2023 2:47 pm

De Goey has this Dusty of 2017 about him.
Raw Hammer 

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2023 3:02 pm

Cameron masterfully tapped the ball to feet in the last 90 secs to ensure the ball was treated like a hot chip feasted upon by a flock of seagulls. Elliotts kick out wide was either dumb or brave or both, cos that ball just wouldn’t sit for Josh Daicos, but his gather and turn onto his left then right will forever be etched into folklore if we are to win next week.
GreekLunatic 

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2023 4:48 pm

This Brisbane team is nowhere near the triple winning team.
Piethagoras' Theorem Taurus

the hypotenuse, is always a cakewalk

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2023 5:15 pm

Long term forecast now predicting 29 degrees. It's gonna be a gruelling affair

Last GF I remember that warm was '86. Think it hit around 30

MagpiesTheGreat 

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2023 5:29 pm

Similar hot weather last night.

Will be too much for the bears to bear another hot day.
Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2023 5:32 pm

Piethagoras' Theorem wrote:
Long term forecast now predicting 29 degrees. It's gonna be a gruelling affair

Last GF I remember that warm was '86. Think it hit around 30

Might have been 1987 you're thinking of.

2015 GF (Hawks vs Eagles) was very warm as well.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 14, 15, 16  Next
Page 15 of 16   

Jump to: