Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Lanning returns.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Nick's Sports Bar

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Donny Aries

Formerly known as MAGFAN8.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2022 3:06 pm
Post subject: Lanning returns.Reply with quote

"Meg Lanning will return from a five-month hiatus to lead Australia in a one-day international series against Pakistan in January, while Alyssa Healy will miss the series as she continues her recovery from a calf injury.

Australia have named a 13-player squad to meet Pakistan in three ODIs at Allan Border Field on January 16 and 18 and North Sydney Oval on January 21, with Lanning confirming she will continue as skipper to lead the side in their first 50-over outing since the World Cup final in Christchurch in April.

Australia ODI squad: Meg Lanning (c), Tahlia McGrath (vc), Darcie Brown, Nicola Carey, Ashleigh Gardner, Kim Garth, Jess Jonassen, Alana King, Phoebe Litchfield, Beth Mooney, Ellyse Perry, Megan Schutt, Annabel Sutherland"

CA.

It's a game. Enjoy it. Very Happy
Donny Aries

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2022 3:08 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

"Australia will field a new-look opening pair in the absence of Healy and following the retirement of Rachael Haynes.

Mooney, who opens alongside Healy in T20Is, is a logical choice to be promoted from No.5, while options to join her include Litchfield and McGrath.

Overall, there are four changes to the 15-player squad that took out the World Cup in New Zealand in April, with Rachael Haynes (retired), Healy (injury), Amanda-Jade Wellington and Grace Harris making way for potential debutants Litchfield and Garth.

The 12-player Governor-General’s XI meet Pakistan in a 50-over match at Allan Border Field on February 13.

Governor-General’s XI squad: Able Seaman Charlee Masters (Australian Defence Force), Lauren Cheatle, Tess Flintoff, Ashleigh Gardner, Heather Graham, Charli Knott, Phoebe Litchfield, Courtney Sippel, Rachel Trenaman, Georgia Voll, Amanda-Jade Wellington, Tahlia Wilson"

CA.

Donny Aries

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2023 4:24 pm

Lanning scored 29 for Victoria, v. NSW, in a one dayer.

Ellyse Perry hit 147 and Nicole Faltum, 107* (110), as Victoria totalled 4/321.

NSW 7/169. Tess Flintoff 3/30.

Donny Aries

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2023 5:43 pm

Victoria won by 88 runs.

Perry was PotM for her 147 and 2 wickets.

K 

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2023 7:29 am

So Lanning was a barista for part of her five-month hiatus??

Reminds me of Jobe Watson!
K 

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2023 6:59 pm

Looks like "barista" is over-selling it.

Maybe more like cafe waitress. Lanning: "making coffee and washing dishes".

“It just gave me a bit of a different perspective on things. Going in not really knowing what the day is going to look like. It could be busy, it could be quiet, and just having different conversations with the customers and things like that, I actually found that really cool.

“Just having that little bit of freedom, a little less structure around what I was doing and going with the flow a little bit more. Working at that cafe just allowed me to do that, and I had a lot of fun while I was there.”

(The Age)
K 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2024 9:09 pm

Donny wrote:
"Australia captain Meg Lanning won't take part in next month's Ashes tour in England due to medical reasons, Cricket Australia (CA) has announced today.

Lanning has been ruled out on the advice of CA's medical staff due to an issue which requires management from home with Alyssa Healy to captain the side in her absence, while Tahlia McGrath has been installed as vice-captain."

CA.

‘I felt very out of control’: Lanning reveals reason for early retirement

https://www.theage.com.au/sport/cricket/i-felt-very-out-of-control-lanning-reveals-reason-for-early-retirement-20240418-p5fkpk.html

'Australian cricket’s most decorated captain Meg Lanning has revealed the unhealthy relationship with food and exercise that led to her retirement from international cricket aged just 31.

“I was over exercising and under fuelling. I got to the point where I was doing about 85-90km a week. I was in denial. It became a bit of ‘I am going to show you’ sort of thing,” Lanning told Mark Howard. “It sort of just spiralled. I was not in a place to be able to go on tour and play cricket and give the commitment levels required for that Ashes series mentally and physically.

“I am naturally fine spending time with myself but there were very few people who I would want to engage with. I would get really snappy – real moody – if anyone asked anything. I got down to 57kg from 64kg. It wasn’t ridiculous [but it was] significant. The ratios were out of whack. I did not realise [it affected] my ability to concentrate. I didn’t really want to see other people. I disengaged a lot from friends and family.”'
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Nick's Sports Bar All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: