Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post Match. Pies down to Giants. All comments.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Collingwouldn't 

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2024 10:27 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

i hate carlton wrote:
Unimpressed tonight, and Im still in shock. We arent going to win the GF this year if we play like this.

Um, you did notice that Carlton beat Brisbane IN Brisbane, didn't you? I know. It's tough ...
shawthing Virgo

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2024 12:10 pm

qldmagpie67 wrote:
Watched the replay again (I’m guessing I like torture)

Mate I agree with everything you say. That's a brilliant analysis of how we lost this game. Yes GWS were very good, but we were also very poor in almost every facet of the game.

Now the true test of Fly's coaching comes to the fore. He's been cruising in the honeymoon for the past two years. He's a players' coach and after the Buckley era the playing group thrived on being given more freedom and responsibility. But now comes the real test. Will 2024 turn into our dreaded 1991? The question is wide open and if we lose to the red hot Swans and Grundy next week the alarm bells will be ringing.

In fact I can't see us beating the Swans at all next week. There are just too many holes to plug and our list is not as good as we thought it was. We won the flag on system alone (congrats to Fly it was his system). But now he has to find a way to get around the gaping weaknesses in our list (no KPFs for a start - GWS has how many? 3 or 4 if you include Toby Greene - OMG).
shawthing Virgo

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2024 12:13 pm

What'sinaname wrote:
^ Enough has been spoken about Cox and AJ. But McCreery needs to be put under the microscope.
What is his actual role? I am not even sure he knows what position he is supposed to play.

He never does enough. His mother must be embarrassed surely.
shawthing Virgo

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2024 12:17 pm

magpieazza wrote:
Macrae had a brilliant preseason, we shouldn't be holding him back any longer.

Macrae should have played. I was shocked to not see him in the side. We have got to start blooding youth. We are the oldest team in the comp. We looked very slow on Saturday night. Strange because our whole system requires fast ball movement.
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2024 2:42 pm

Collingwouldn't wrote:
i hate carlton wrote:
Unimpressed tonight, and Im still in shock. We arent going to win the GF this year if we play like this.

Um, you did notice that Carlton beat Brisbane IN Brisbane, didn't you? I know. It's tough ...

Lions threw it away, missed easy 5 soda goals, got too cocky, like us, they have learnt a hard lesson. Surprised

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
woodys_world69 

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2024 10:44 pm

the AFL set up all the melbourne based clubs to fail week Zero....

and they got what they wanted.
The bigger these clubs like GWS and Suns get the more likely we will verse them at the G infront of our home crowd instead of Docklands
swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2024 1:17 am

I feel like I've come pretty attuned when watching us to know when we're totally switched on, having a red-hot crack and when we're simply off and our intensity is not what it needs to be.
I commented during the game our effort was running well below our best of the last 2 seasons, we were too reactive and when we did, we simply weren't prepared to run as hard offensively and defensively as GWS.

All is not lost however, it's only the first game of the season and GWS themselves showed last year what can be achieved from the first meeting against an opponent to the next one.

We smashed them by 65pts in round 9 last season before escaping by just the 1 in the Preliminary final.

What'sinaname Libra

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2024 8:43 am

woodys_world69 wrote:
the AFL set up all the melbourne based clubs to fail week Zero....

and they got what they wanted.

Carlton say hello

What'sinaname Libra

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2024 8:47 am

shawthing wrote:
magpieazza wrote:
Macrae had a brilliant preseason, we shouldnt be holding him back any longer.

Macrae should have played. I was shocked to not see him in the side. We have got to start blooding youth. We are the oldest team in the comp. We looked very slow on Saturday night. Strange because our whole system requires fast ball movement.

Yes, the age profile is concerning. We have far too many players 30+ and too many flakey players in the 24 - 27 bracket.

Pies2016 

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2024 10:25 am

^^^

We won a flag only six months ago. The players would more likely lose desire and drive rather than their abilities within that time span.
The real problem is the compromises that come from being successful. Supporters can say we should be playing the young blokes but when your first pick is coming in at around # 20 odd, just how many of them can you feel confident about performing better than your premiership players from six months earlier.
It’s a long season, the VFL haven’t played yet and we’ve just been beaten by a very good team in early March. If we keep losing, the young blokes will get their chances soon enough. Otherwise why would you deviate from the same available personnel that won you a flag so recently. Johnson and Dean both got their chances, so I will let others decide how that worked out. It’s a huge step up from VFL to AFL and it’s an even bigger step up from VFL to perform against the best AFL opposition. I wouldn’t be in a massive hurry to play the young blokes just yet, especially when you have players who have already performed against the best in the AFL.
Mr Miyagi 

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2024 10:28 am

The difference is we have Fly and Leppa who did a threpeat of flags — they know how to maintain the desire to keep winning. It’s a real test of their coaching to motivate the players.
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2024 11:41 am

It's not even the middle of March ffs.
qldmagpie67 

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2024 3:32 pm

People need to take a chill pill it’s round 1 or 0 or whatever
We played poorly yes but we where up against a young hungry team stacked full of top end draft picks
Our field kicking especially going inside 50 was atrocious the worst % per entry under fly
Our general field kicking was below average
Our defence was undermanned against a tall athletic opposition who where coached really well to take our best intercept defenders away from the contest
We will learn lessons from it and maybe we just weren’t as hungry as hungry as they were
We will see improvement for sure
Howe was a huge missing link in the backline he acts like a on field coach and adds loads of calm to the back 6
Dean was tested but didn’t perform that badly
We had way to many players below there best
Even Pendles was down in the first half as was Crisp
Let’s just see how they rebound this week before we behead them publicly
As pies2016 said it’s a long season and our veterans won’t be at there best in the opening half of the year they’ll be managed to make sure there cherry ripe for the second half of the year

As for the coach he likely learned a couple lessons as well
He will move magnets quicker in future instead of waiting
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2024 3:41 pm

Mr Miyagi wrote:
The difference is we have Fly and Leppa who did a threpeat of flags — they know how to maintain the desire to keep winning. It’s a real test of their coaching to motivate the players.

And from memory, in none of their flag years did they finish on top of the ladder. They were never the best H&A team, just best when September came.

K 

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2024 3:42 pm

Collingwouldn't wrote:
i hate carlton wrote:

Umm... Is that supposed to be good news? Shocked

That makes it even worse!! Both GFists have problems. Both could be overtaken.

(Eddie reckons 7 or 8 clubs could win this year's flag.)
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 6 of 7   

Jump to: