Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post Match. Saints punish Pies . All comments.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mr Miyagi 

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2024 9:56 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

And to all the haters, WHE left a hole in our structure with his endurance running and marking. He was missed. Murphy too.
And whoever was on Henry can get ice baths all week.
Mr Miyagi 

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2024 10:09 am

And **** Ollie Henry and Ginnivan for screwing us over. Could have used them right now.
Collingwouldn't 

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2024 10:26 am

shawthing wrote:
The umpiring was sheer theft by the AFL who wanted to reward the Danny Frawley game. Totally scripted as the NFL is now. WWE here we come.

The less said about this sorry team now the better. Two of our best players were ins (Reef and Frampton). And why was Finn brought on far too late to impact the game?

The whole competition has left us behind. Someone summed it up perfectly. We are like the horse Chautauqua left in the starting gate three weeks in a row. These players appear to have admitted - we are done.

Fly is all Mr Positive and players were still high fiving with minutes to go when we'd lost. But now the question he faces is simple: Can he rebuild a team? Remember that Tasmania enters the AFL draft in 2026 with concessions that make the Suns and Giants concessions look like the teddy bears picnic. Any team that doesn't have the nucleus of their next premiershhip team together by that point will be in the wilderness for a very long time.

This is a rerun of 1991 and it took us 30 years to climb to the mountain top again.

Just what exactly has this club been doing in the off season?

"This is a rerun of 1991 and it took us 30 years to climb to the mountain top again."

That'd be 20, so you just bought us 10 years ...
swooper 

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2024 10:39 am

pietillidie wrote:
This is clearly a case of being underdone. It was always going to be difficult mentally, but being that far off the pace physically makes things uglier.

My main disappointment is how the coaching staff allowed them to enter a season this underdone. Not to mention with such a nasty early fixture.

It might be they knew but couldn't do much about it given the list profile, taking the medicine and hoping to pinch a couple in this early stretch.

A flag in the hand is certainly far better than two in the bush, but the let down is rather unpleasant, that's for sure.

According to Fly's presser - we are fitter than ever...but who really knows...
blackandwhite4life Scorpio

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2024 10:45 am

Here's a little fact to dwell on when everything seems like shit after our 0-3 start.

Every one of the other 17 clubs could only dream to have experienced the joy of the last 2 seasons we did as Pies fans. It was elation after elation, culminating in the ultimate joy in late September.

Cycles come and go and yes, we have started badly. But we are actually not that far off. We are still fighting out games. Our 3rd quarters though are a mess!

Have faith Pies fans, we can turn this around! We've been spoiled with success over the last 2 years and now it's time to hang tough.

swooper 

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2024 10:51 am

blackandwhite4life wrote:
^

Beat me to it. Came on to say just that

Feeling philosophical this morning rather than annoyed. We have had the BEST ride over the past two years. Not sure i can ever remember so much joy from footy in the decades i've been following the Pies.

And at the end of all the crazy ups and downs.. we came away with a flag. Pure elation.

But it was never going to last. And now we need to hang tough. Let's see what McCrae and co. can pull together. We all know the limitations of our team.

I hate these losses too but realistic about the ebbs and flows in footy. Its extremely difficult to go back-to-back. (I never thought we would) . I'd be happy to finish top 8 right now....but it is a LONG season.
Go Pies
Collingwouldn't 

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2024 10:59 am

i hate carlton wrote:
Gutted.

Going to be hard to go back to back playing like this.

Not sure if now is the time to be laughing at Carlton.
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2024 11:01 am

Here's a little fact to dwell on when everything seems like shit after our 0-3 start.

Every one of the other 17 clubs could only dream to have experienced the joy of the last 2 seasons we did as Pies fans. It was elation after elation, culminating in the ultimate joy in late September.

Cycles come and go and yes, we have started badly. But we are actually not that far off. We are still fighting out games. Our 3rd quarters though are a mess!

Have faith Pies fans, we can turn this around! We've been spoiled with success over the last 2 years and now it's time to hang tough.

spot on.
last night was a real WTF.
have other teams worked us out and are using the tactics against us with younger, fitter players?
the kids including Naicos floundered a bit.
the older guys looked knackered and shell shocked.
in my facebook feed i was getting ready for round one this weekend a couple of years ago. we had to start the season early, as did brisbane, play interstate, as did brisbane, and now 3 games with 6 day breaks, and back to interstate. WTAF!!
this is the way the AFL treats its cash cow? 22k in sydney, we would have filled the G!
as for last night, no we didnt play well. But... if jordy was paid for holding, there is a goal, if Moore doesnt do his whoopsie, its 1 point, and you cannot tell me that 15 extra free kicks dont equate to more than a point. yes, it probably deserved to be lopsided, but not like that.
this is not the first time playing in a "hero" game for another club has cost us the game due to bias.
fuckem, fuckem all. no more.
they treat us like crap.
it truly is time for US AGAINST THEM!

side by side xx

Croat Pie 

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2024 11:05 am

What'sinaname wrote:
Can someone please tell me what Beau McCreery does to warrant an automatic selection every week? Asking for a friend.

Tackling and pressure beast. The only person that can stick a tackle in this team.
One of the 4 or 5 that can actually hold his head up high after the first 3 games.
Croat Pie 

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2024 11:05 am

What'sinaname wrote:
Can someone please tell me what Beau McCreery does to warrant an automatic selection every week? Asking for a friend.

Tackling and pressure beast. The only person that can stick a tackle in this team.
One of the 4 or 5 that can actually hold his head up high after the first 3 games.
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2024 11:10 am

Pies4shaw wrote:
The Coach's approach to the presser was tremendous - he didn't take a single lfeline offered to him by the journos. Short breaks, short preseason, free kick imbalance, opposition goals from outside the boundary: he just played a straight bat to all of those things and talked about what Collingwood is doing wrong. That's the correct approach - whether the playuers respond to it is a different thing. He, though, is a fantastic person to have in that chair.
truth

liked his "its a big number isnt it" though,

and if he'd done a clarkson and said 'we wont talk about the deplorable umpiring" id have put in for the fine!

thats out of bounds free kick is just disgusting

Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2024 11:11 am

Great post. Love the optimistic attitude you've adopted.
The last two years were an absolute blessing for the supporter base. Winning the flag was the icing on the cake, so our downturn form is easier to handle under those circumstances.

Mr Miyagi 

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2024 11:14 am

We’re shell shocked because of the ride we had last year. But honestly, I picked us to be 0-2, we’re similar position list/age wise to Geelong last year. Thought we’d beat the Saints but they played it like it was their grand final. We can still make finals but it’s going to take a big attitude adjustment and a few rockets up their real ends behind closed doors
Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2024 11:20 am

qldmagpie67 wrote:
Want a damning stat from this season
Q3 results so far
We have conceded 17 goals in the 3rd term whilst kicking 3 for the season so far
Same happening each week. Teams come out after half time and blow us off the park
This is attitude we aren’t switched on

It's very concerning. I don't know why we're coming back from the long break so flat footed and lethargic?

The only mitigating factor to these poor 3rd quarters is we seem to finish games off strongly in the final quarter, but then the damage is already done. 5 goals in the last quarter against GWS, 4 goals against Sydney and 4 goals last night.

Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2024 11:22 am

Mr Miyagi wrote:
We’re shell shocked because of the ride we had last year. But honestly, I picked us to be 0-2, we’re similar position list/age wise to Geelong last year. Thought we’d beat the Saints but they played it like it was their grand final. We can still make finals but it’s going to take a big attitude adjustment and a few rockets up their real ends behind closed doors

The age profile was a concern, but I still thought we'd be better than what we produced so far.
I was hoping to avoid a repeat of Geelong (2023). Most of us thought we'd be thereabouts again, but maybe we have fallen off a cliff faster than anticipated.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 6 of 10   

Jump to: