Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Let’s make history

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2024 11:08 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

What'sinaname wrote:
^

jeezus, how quickly we forget, his amazing handball to JDG last qtr of that epic GF basically won us the flag. kid makes one fuckingerror and u jump on him, he is not some superhuman robot. Surprised Rolling Eyes

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
lazzadesilva Virgo

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2024 11:13 pm

Big T wrote:
Trip to Brissie is perfect for us. Backs against the wall massive underdog expected to lose. That’s our bread and butter.

Sorry but we were the favourites and expected to beat two of the three teams that have beaten us this season. We didn’t. Our bread and butter was to beat teams that were expected to beat us. We haven’t. I sadly have to question whether this current team are still mentally prepared to go through the tough process they went through last season to go back to back? After three games my answer to that question is no. I honestly can only hope we beat Brisbane, I can’t pick them to win with total confidence. This is a huge difference from last season when l fairly confidently predicted wins. Whether we have declined, other teams have improved, our tactics and strategies have been worked out or we are simply playing very ordinary football with an ageing team I don’t know but I suspect that it’s a combination of all of the above. This is not an easy situation to deal with and I also wonder whether the coaches have been caught unawares by the depth of the decline. I don’t think it’s close to panic stations yet but geez, if we lose the next two, it will be. The point of no return is closing in. We have to start winning if we are serious about defending the flag. Every single player needs to show real fight, greater passion and a much stronger will to win, starting next Thursday.

What'sinaname Libra

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2024 7:25 am

Piesnchess wrote:
jeezus, how quickly we forget, his amazing handball to JDG last qtr of that epic GF basically won us the flag. kid makes one fuckingerror and u jump on him, he is not some superhuman robot. Surprised Rolling Eyes

I'm not forgetting that at all. I'm just saying the hype has been way over the top so perhaps some grounding is needed.
Also, this isn't the first instance of Naicos not being physically tough enough. He doesn't need to become a battering ram, but he does need to get better at sticking tackles.
It was his poor tackle that resulted in the Cameron goal in the GF. Go and watch Berry dance around a poor Naicos effort to tackle him.

Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2024 1:59 pm

What'sinaname wrote:
^.

He kicked our first goal to get us going, and he set up JDGs goal that put us back in front,late in the GF . He has massive credits for me, the kid.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
1eyedpie Virgo

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2024 2:23 pm

^ And don’t forget how he sliced through three Lions players and centre to Hosk which set up Crisps goal before halftime.
And the nearly goal from the pocket which was touched on the line!
Some people judge him harshly we have to remember he is just a kid with barely 50 games under his belt.

BARRACK HARD!
What'sinaname Libra

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2024 3:08 pm

Not sure why everyone get's so defensive when we call out that Naicos' shit actually does stink.
He's not perfect, as shown by his game on Thursday night.

Johnno75 

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2024 4:24 pm

And who is perfect? Nobody. Everyone has weaknesses Nick included but his positives far outweigh his negatives. For instance his worst is still better than the majority of his teammates produce week in week out.
There are probably 15 others that should be under the blowtorch not Nick.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2   

Jump to: