Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

The Hydra ~ Caro rears her head again

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 113, 114, 115 ... 180, 181, 182  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Member 7167 Leo

"What Good Fortune For Governments That The People Do Not Think" - Adolf Hitler.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2021 1:50 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

RudeBoy wrote:
David wrote:
Dr Pie wrote:
I signed the petition for an EGM because I have never been happy with the lack of elections in the club since Eddie became President. I disliked the way that Board membership was manipulated (mid-term resignations followed by mid-term appointments) so that any challenge to the Board was always a challenge to the incumbents. Effectively the Collingwood Board became the Board of a private company in what used to be a membership run football club.

BUT, it appears that the EGM would have led to an election that looked a lot like a dispute between two groups both connected to the old regime and its private Corporate style of governance. While I would support the continuation of Jodie Sizer, Paul Licuria and Peter Murphy on the Board I am not too keen on the rest of them. I would not vote for Browne who seems to have all of Eddie's disadvantages and none of his advantages.

I still think that we should have an EGM to allow open membership feedback (rather than merely on line polls) but at the moment I have no one to vote for.

My view exactly!

Rudeboy, are you still thinking of running? You 100% should. Time to put the power back into the hands of the ordinary supporter.

Thanks David. Yes, at the next AGM there should be 3 positions up for election. No doubt Browne will contest with a couple of running mates. When that time comes, I intend to run also, in order to provide an independent voice/choice for members. Obviously I'll have plenty more to say at the time, but my main platform will be around our club's lack of transparency and integrity. There has been, and continues to be, far too much use of media spin from our club and in the process we have lost much of what historically made us the people's club.

Hi Rude Boy.

That is about the best news I have heard that has come out of this debacle. For far too long the members have been manipulated by Ed and the club in respect to the voting of board members.

When considering the club constitution and the laws relating to it there is no doubt that the whole seven member board will be forced to step down at the EGM. The EGM petition has been supported by more than enough members and it has gained enough momentum to the point that it cannot be avoided. The actions of the current board in recent weeks in attempting to do a side deal with David Hatley and attempting to avoid an EGM indicates to me that they are desperate on one hand and very disrespectful of the members wishes and consideration on the other. The EGM will legally take this choice away from them.

The biggest issue is creating a board with a mixture of the right people. I think a bigger cross section of people is required but we need have people with the experience, balance and skills along with a cooperative spirit to run the club going forward.

It will certainly be an interesting journey over the next nine months.

RickyWatt23 Sagittarius

RickyWatt23

PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2021 2:19 pm

Well said Member 7167 - I agree completely!
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2021 4:22 pm

Thanks Member 7167. One thing for certain, whenever the election is held, there will a genuine choice for members, something that hasn't happened this century!
Woods Capricorn

PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2021 6:50 pm

RudeBoy wrote:
Thanks Member 7167. One thing for certain, whenever the election is held, there will a genuine choice for members, something that hasn't happened this century!

Good luck with your run for a board spot. Hope you succeed.
Woods Capricorn

PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2021 6:55 pm

inxs88 wrote:
So let's have a guess who "may" be considered to run on his ticket:

* John Bertrand: tick

* Anybody surnamed Galbally: likely

* Peter Moore: no, conflict of interest

* Tony Shaw: no, probably wants to be "Switzerland"

* Craig Kelly, no as conflict of interest

* Peter Daicos, no conflict of interest

* John Brumby, yes

* Leigh Matthews, interesting one. Hates what happened to Eddie

* Paul Tuddenham, likely

* Michael Christian, conflict of interest

* Andrew Ireland, would be an astute selection

Share your thoughts.

Good listing.

But its unlikely there would be no women on his ticket (imagine the outcry), and probably indigenous as well ('cos, well you know, we Pies got form 'aven't we). Given the times we live in better chuck in the names of a few gender ambiguous persons (is that the correct pronoun?) as well.
pietillidie 

PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2021 8:23 pm

^Struggling with the new social competition, I see.
pietillidie 

PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2021 8:25 pm

RudeBoy wrote:

Good work. Time for the soil to be given a proper turning over.

Charlie Oneeye Scorpio

charlie oneeye

PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2021 8:37 pm

Williams has an excellent track record and would be an asset at any club.

What's there to think about? In essence, we can always do with top people as much as we can always do with top players.

Sometimes too much overthinking.

I reckon right now that Eddie, Bucks, Walsh, Ned have gone. Unless we wish to blame recruiting decisions on the board I don't see any clear reasons. I have read reasons such as trading players out, but it's politicized. Of course, we had cap issues, but even that is used against the board by people knowing full well they stretched it out because of our position on the ladder.

All boards screw up, and even if we change the board to our preferred members, in part, we will have exactly the same issues that will be there.

Why? Because it's a footy club, it's fluid, and when you get one thing right the other thing wobbles. Something is always wobbling.
This is exactly why we need stability, otherwise, we would be at each other's throats on a daily basis.

My reasons for wanting a new board are not obvious ones. I don't quite understand what we are missing.
Stability is good, but it's a 'grandfather's hammer' board... we have changed all the components and it's not the original board we all understand.

I think it's difficult to disseminate our issues.

The current board has grown with skillsets to cater to the different issues we face.

As the biggest club in the land, it is my opinion it has been hijacked by some and geared to be the flagship of their movement.

So let's hear it. Maybe on balance, I will agree.

Let the people vote.
K 

PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2021 8:40 pm

Charlie Oneeye wrote:
... Of course, we had cap issues, but even that is used against the board by people knowing full well they stretched it out because of our position on the ladder.

Our current position? Wink

Seriously, 2nd or 4th or whatever is no excuse for blowing up the salary cap. How come clubs win three premierships and don't have to blow up their cap? And we win zero and Licca and co claim that's a good excuse...

(True, Essendon lost a few players after a measly single flag in 2000. But Brissy, Geebung, Hawthorn didn't...)
Charlie Oneeye Scorpio

charlie oneeye

PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2021 9:14 pm

Yes very true in hindsight.

But only if we had Lockett, only if this or that.

Do you let AT walk and then lose 2018 by a kick... If only they had kept him! Risk a beautifully balanced account over a Premiership? Hell YES.

Turn out we kept him and lost, and 2019 was no better. But did we know that FOR sure in 2017/18?

I for one thought 2017 was a grounding to better things, but many supporters on forums thought we should sell the farm and rebuild. We then made finals over the next 3 years.

That's footy.. I'm saying clubs do things when they are at the sharp end., they push the boundaries. Do we think there's ever a perfect year? It's always trying to squeeze to the best drop.

Kodus to the club for doing exactly what we are always telling them to do. Concentrate on a Premiership.

A lot of this movement for change has been going for 10 years.. it's just now opportunistic to latch on and politicize details.

My reason for change was outlined above.
K 

PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2021 9:23 pm

Charlie Oneeye wrote:
Do you let AT walk and then lose 2018 by a kick... If only they had kept him! Risk a beautifully balanced account over a Premiership? Hell YES.

Turn out we kept him and lost, and 2019 was no better. But did we know that FOR sure in 2017/18?

If you use Beams instead of AT as the example, the argument looks a lot worse.

And the Grundy contract is an ongoing disaster.

Gleeson claimed the Board interfered ("strong pressure") in this mess.
Ronnie McKeowns boots 

Ronnie Mckeowns boots

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2021 9:12 am

RudeBoy wrote:

Rudey, will your platform include $3 pots at the social club and the re-introduction of pie night?
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2021 10:00 am

Ronnie McKeowns boots wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:

Rudey, will your platform include $3 pots at the social club and the re-introduction of pie night?

I believe that is part of Hiss's platform. Wink
Lazza 

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2021 10:42 am

Is Bertha part of his ticket I wonder? Would need her to keep him in line.💪🏽
Dark Beanie Gemini

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2021 11:52 am

I'm sure Bertha would make a great first lady.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 113, 114, 115 ... 180, 181, 182  Next
Page 114 of 182   

Jump to: