Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

The Hydra ~ Caro rears her head again

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 116, 117, 118 ... 180, 181, 182  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2021 5:35 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

So anyone know what's happening here?

This needs to be settled, they people holding the petition are either going to present it or not. How many potential coaching candidates are going to decline to go through a process with this uncertainty over the board?

Magpies035 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2021 12:15 am

Any movement at the station here
There has been deadly silence for about 3 weeks

No one is saying or doing anything???

Cam Capricorn

Nick's BB Member #166

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2021 1:29 am

Let's see... the previous board of Pert, Arocca etc sold us up the Kyber with the Beach Hotel and other bad investments etc. This board have reversed those deals and got us humming financially, which is their sole job. Not making fools of themselves when players have done dumb things, not commenting on every damn football matter and getting entangled in wars of words with media, past coaches etc. I'd be very happy to not know who the board is and what they do. The only change I want is onfield, because if we are winning there, to quote Metallica, nothing else matters... [except it does, boards that make bad business decisions can cost you everything]

If anything needs to change, it's the football department. They recruit. They hire and fire coaches, that's their job. Not the president... let's face it, lots of people consider the last 10 years a travesty because the president DID get involved too much in football matters, and people want to repeat that! The football department are actually the people in charge of onfield, they are accountable. If the past president had gone earlier [love him, bless him, but glad we've moved on] who's to say that the board might have agreed with the football department in seeking a new coach says 5 years earlier [love him, but I would have replaced Bucks at the end of 2017], provided the football department weren't beholden to a hands-on president.

Seems to me this whole thing is more about a power grab than anything else.

Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2021 10:13 pm

Cam wrote:
Let's see... the previous board of Pert, Arocca etc sold us up the Kyber with the Beach Hotel and other bad investments etc. This board have reversed those deals and got us humming financially, which is their sole job. Not making fools of themselves when players have done dumb things, not commenting on every damn football matter and getting entangled in wars of words with media, past coaches etc. I'd be very happy to not know who the board is and what they do. The only change I want is onfield, because if we are winning there, to quote Metallica, nothing else matters... [except it does, boards that make bad business decisions can cost you everything]

If anything needs to change, it's the football department. They recruit. They hire and fire coaches, that's their job. Not the president... let's face it, lots of people consider the last 10 years a travesty because the president DID get involved too much in football matters, and people want to repeat that! The football department are actually the people in charge of onfield, they are accountable. If the past president had gone earlier [love him, bless him, but glad we've moved on] who's to say that the board might have agreed with the football department in seeking a new coach says 5 years earlier [love him, but I would have replaced Bucks at the end of 2017], provided the football department weren't beholden to a hands-on president.

Seems to me this whole thing is more about a power grab than anything else.

Well said, Cam.

It's been refreshing to see a president who isn't at the forefront all the time, and knowing when to delegate when it's appropriate. I think the time for an EGM has come and gone now, and it's best to wait until the AGM later in the year to thrash out any existing issues and resolve it once and for all.

Things are already happening as we speak:
[*] Graham Wright was appointed in January to be head of the football department, and changes are happening as we speak in various areas.
[*] Changes in the list management personnel with the departure of Ned Guy and the inclusion of Troy Selwood.
[*] Buckley has departed, and we're now going through the process of appointing the next coach. I would assume most, if not all the assistants are gone by the end of the year as well.
[*] The club has seemingly responded to David Hatley's grievances as they've emailed members about upcoming events.
[*] The club is financially strong, and membership has held up well with a big potential for increasing it in the coming years if we get our acts together on field.

The two issues that need to still be resolved are the salary cap and the appointment of Bridie O'Donnell.

I feel we can't move on properly until the club explains what went wrong with the salary cap and how we got ourselves into this situation, and the appointment of Bridie O'Donnell which needs to be ratified at the AGM. In ideal circumstances, I'd like to see someone challenge her for the board position in December.

In relation to Jeff Browne, I don't know what he stands for and the longer he says nothing of substance, the less inclined I am to support him.

BazBoy 

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2021 10:17 am

The alternative board idea seems to have slowed since Buckley separation

Was that a tactic by current board to retain power

RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2021 12:06 pm

BazBoy wrote:

Is the Pope a Catholic?
Mr Miyagi 

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2021 1:08 pm

RudeBoy wrote:
BazBoy wrote:

Is the Pope a Catholic?

Ha! Absolutely it was. The board’s still withholding the member list, so the challenge can’t check their signatures for an EGM. The board’s holding on until at least December, hoping a new coach and player trades/draft will calm down the revolution. Then they’ll award themselves luxury watches, because they live in a bubble and have no concept this challenge is just as much about how members are treated, and 20 years of no transparency and a virtual dictatorship.
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2021 1:18 pm

^ Of course, Buckley's departure knocked the wind out of many critics' sails. Most members couldn't care less about the Board, provided the team is reasonably competitive and OK decisions are made (so much is evident from the failure to develop any ground-swell of opposition to the obviously anti-democratic processes that have been in place for decades). We do, however, need to distinguish between cause and effect. The former coach was obviously under the pump and (over)due to be replaced. The Board (whatever one thinks of them) can't be criticised over that. However, the immediate catalyst for his replacement was plainly Nathan asking Wrighty for his guarantee of support. He didn't get it, so he rode off into the sunset. The decision would, of course, always have been made - but the timing came down to conversations between the coach and the football manager - and Buckley's decision to walk. It doesn't seem to have had anything much to do with the Board's "wishes".
robevpau1 Cancer

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2021 6:20 pm

Collingwood members take club to ASIC in a bid to force an EGM
The fight for control of Collingwood’s board has moved into the hands of lawyers as a group of members push to gain access to club records, Michael Warner writes.

https://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/news/collingwood-members-take-club-to-asic-in-a-bid-to-force-an-egm/news-story/09471f9b2b0a5279ab899334e6a136e3
Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2021 6:22 pm

Why am I not surprised Galbally is involved?
Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2021 6:26 pm

From The Australian:

Quote:
Collingwood members take club to ASIC in a bid to force an EGM

Collingwood has been reported to Australia’s corporate watchdog in an escalation of the club’s boardroom stoush.

Lawyers for a group of Magpies members seeking to force an extraordinary general meeting at the Holden Centre have lodged a formal complaint with the Australian Securities and Investments Commission.

They have accused Collingwood of breaching its obligations under the Corporations Act by refusing to provide a copy of the club’s register of members.

<Snip - this is behind a paywall and publication in full is likely a breach of copyright - Thanks BBMods>

https://www.theaustralian.com.au/sport/afl/news/collingwood-members-take-club-to-asic-in-a-bid-to-force-an-egm/news-story/09471f9b2b0a5279ab899334e6a136e3

Woods Capricorn

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2021 7:02 pm

Let the games begin.
Presti35 Virgo

Dick Lee for Legend Status

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2021 7:18 pm

Why the club won't listen to it's members is beyond me.

If the members want Korda gone, then he should be absolutely gone.

RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2021 7:42 pm

Presti35 wrote:
Why the club won't listen to it's members is beyond me.

If the members want Korda gone, then he should be absolutely gone.

The members don't elect the President, the Board does that. All we do is elect the members of the board. The problem is that for over 20 years candidates have been hand picked to fill casual vacancies (as members retire from the board), and they have gone on to be elected unopposed. This has created a culture of elitism and aloofness from the members. Now more than ever we need a proper election, with a choice of candidates.
Presti35 Virgo

Dick Lee for Legend Status

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2021 7:53 pm

Korda's given a statement to the seven news. Anyone see that?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 116, 117, 118 ... 180, 181, 182  Next
Page 117 of 182   

Jump to: