Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post Match. Pies tie Dons. All comments.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Collingwouldn't 

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2024 8:47 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Big T wrote:
Forget Carlton. They are going to murder us if we continue in this manner

To paraphrase 'The Godfather': "They're not murderers, regardless of what this undertaker thinks."
Pies2016 

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2024 8:50 pm

derkd wrote:
Am I the only one who feels De Goey is way out of form? He is getting possessions but his disposal is awful.

His last two games yielded 19 of a possible 20 votes from the coaches. He’s never been a great user or decision maker but we control games when he’s on. He’s all about the clearance and gaining territory and not much in between. Statistically, his best quarters today were easily his second and third ( 15 of his 23 touches ) and they were the two quarters where we outscored them. I thought they put a lot work into him today. He had no space all day and that only means his ball use becomes even worse. DeGoey is the least of our problems right now.
More concerning is how any reigning premier could still be so fumbly by round seven. That just doesn’t happen. As for Mitchell being subbed out ( another one who repeatedly fumbled today ), I’m not sure his body is capable of four quarters on five day turnarounds. In fact, when you are the oldest team in the competition, 5 day turnarounds are kryptonite and it will remain that way until we find enough younger players who can hold down permanent positions in the seniors.
dalyc Scorpio

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2024 8:51 pm

Big T wrote:

Side by side, mofo

Haff Capricorn

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2024 8:54 pm

Well I guess our shyte % no longer matters. #positive
Big T 

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2024 8:58 pm

piedys wrote:
Haff wrote:
Umpires not a factor.

Play like this next week though, and i'll be naming-names with impunity.

Love it. He name names!

lazzadesilva Virgo

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2024 8:59 pm

The Black and White Lion wrote:
Hope you all get a rest now and appreciate the opportunity.

It was a good close game and the bummers were more of a handful than I expected. However I can’t help but think that this was a wasted opportunity to get 4 points instead of 2. I hope it doesn’t bite us on the bum later on.

Johnno75 

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:03 pm

Good point was made above about our zoning defence. At one stage we had 15 players in our D50 when Essendon had the ball at HF yet they still manage to spot up a target inside 50, what’s the point of it.

Also a few times players under pressure giving off the ball to players not expecting it means we are not on the same page. I think we have adjusted the way we play but with all the shorter breaks we are effectively tinkering in game because of the lack of training.

Prometheus Virgo

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:04 pm

Big T wrote:

THIS !
Take_a_Screamer Leo

.....No.5...Jamie Elliott....

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:10 pm

I'm a bit stunned! But a lot of pressure out there, mistakes result.
A little dissapointed we didn't hang on to that point so close to the end.
We needed the 4 points to stay in the hunt for the top four.

It was Essendon's Grand Final.
Great mark by Jamie.

❤️️

Last edited by Take_a_Screamer on Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger  
Pies2016 

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:12 pm

Johnno75 wrote:
I think we have adjusted the way we play but with all the shorter breaks we are effectively tinkering in game because of the lack of training.

I’ve been on about this since the start of the season. It’s hard to improve your skills under pressure while you’re in an ice bath or on a massage table for the first few days of the week.
slangman 

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:12 pm

Poor goalkicking keeps the opposition in the game and until we put more value on our shots on goal we will continue to have to bust a$$ in tight contests.

Very disappointed that Mihocek and Elliott make crucial errors at the most critical time but that both have plenty of credits in the bank.

Can someone explain what McCreery’s role in the side is because apart from 1-2 cameos a game he does not much else. Apart from rundown tackles I don’t think he is dangerous enough as a forward.

The 5 day break wouldn’t have helped but on we go to next week and those salary cap cheating pricks and their bandwagon supporters.
We will do them!!!

Big T 

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:13 pm

I’m happy with the 2 points. We were well off today. Mitchell may have been subbed not only due to age but also disposal. Helicopter kicks did my head in, I thought OBree was back.
DT 

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:13 pm

A draw is fair. We arrested the momentum in the second quarter but couldn't go on with it.

I am very concerned about IQ - he looks miles off it.

Crisp is battling but did well defensively - I think his game has steadily declined over the last two years.

Sidey was poor - the game looks as if it is passing him by. Love him but worried.

Harrison was good when he came on - we need to inject some youth and enthusiasm. Funnily enough our oldest player still plays with it.😀

It will be a tough match against Carlton but having extra time will help.

Magpietothemax Taurus

magpietothemax

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:16 pm

Our starts to games seem right now to be a huge issue. Why are we starting so slowly? Why are we waiting until 15 or 20 minutes into the first quarter to bring our maximum pressure?
This then just places huge pressure on our veterans to lead the team out of the morass.
The rest of the team needs to step up.

lazzadesilva Virgo

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:18 pm

derkd wrote:
As for Mitchell being subbed out and it will remain that way until we find enough younger players who can hold down permanent positions in the seniors.

And there lies a big problem we face. We have the need to drop players who are currently struggling in the seniors but hardly anyone breaking the door down to come in, in the seconds 🙄 A conundrum it is for Collingwood to solve.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 5 of 9   

Jump to: