Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Matt Hayden

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Nick's Sports Bar

View previous topic :: View next topic  
gobbles21 Virgo

It is what it is...

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2003 2:50 pm
Post subject: Matt HaydenReply with quote

Matt Hayden's form in the world cup has been poor. His average isn't terrible, but he only has one decent score (83 vs. Namibia) and hasn't looked to be batting well. He has gotten himself in trouble early and consistantly only ever gets to about 20. Some of his shots are looking sluggish, and he doesn't seem to have the confidence that he previously had.
MrsTarrant Sagittarius

I love you Chrissy Tarrant you rock!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2003 2:55 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Finally someone brings this up! He has been in shocking form during this world cup which is really suprising. However I better not say anything more because he will probably knock a century in the final haha which would be nice of course but yeah a few people on here have been knocking players who have actually been winning us games and no one has mentioned Hayden. I didn't want to be the first to bring it up!
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number 
gobbles21 Virgo

It is what it is...

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2003 3:05 pm

I'm happy to bring it up Mrs Tazz, cause he has looked out of sorts, but if he hits a ton in the final, good on him. I hope he does find form again quickly.
Kristin5 Taurus

Fiery Redhead

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2003 3:14 pm

As you said, his average isn't terrible, but he has been out-of-sorts in this series. It's probably cos we're all used to seeing him get century after century, so now he's looking fairly ordinary just cos he's only got one half century this series!

I look forward to him playing a blinder in the final - GO MATTY!!!

MrsTarrant Sagittarius

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2003 3:15 pm

Yes I do agree with you it just annoys me how some players get criticised more than others! I have only heard criticism about Bevan and Martyn but nothing about Hayden!
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number 
Donny Aries

Formerly known as MAGFAN8.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2003 3:56 pm

Gilly and Haydos both work on the theory 'there are more spaces in the air' so they get caught going for big shots a bit.

They succeed more than not but both go through troughs. It's just the way they play. They'd probably be under different orders if they didn't have the Martyns and Bevans (or Lehmann and Symonds) to follow in the batting order.

It's a game. Enjoy it. Very Happy
Ev5Magpies Virgo

Ev5Magpies

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2003 11:25 am

He seems to be getting out trying to force shots instead of letting his natural strength smash the ball. Also it looks like sides have worked out his love of the pull/hook shot & have devised plans to get him out that way. He seems to be skying the short ball more...

Hopefully a ton in the final with many a pull shots going over the fence...

JLC Aquarius

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2003 11:58 am

Hayden is a gun batsman and will come good.

The reason he is treated differently is because he has a proven record. He also ISNT SELFISH in the way he bats. He plays AGGRESSIVE cricket

If Hayden took up 30 balls to play himself in im sure he would get a big score. However not all batsman have this LUXURY. Hayden is a TEAM player and often SACRIFICES his wicket to push the run rate along.

jlc
gobbles21 Virgo

It is what it is...

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2003 6:23 pm

Tonights the night everyone. Let's hope Haydo can put his hand up for the big occasion.
MrsTarrant Sagittarius

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2003 11:08 pm

He didn't do too badly but yeah didn't make a huge score not that it made a difference! LOL!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Nick's Sports Bar All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: