Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Lee fears for cricketing future

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Nick's Sports Bar

View previous topic :: View next topic  
gobbles21 Virgo

It is what it is...

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2003 1:13 pm
Post subject: Lee fears for cricketing futureReply with quote

Lee fears for cricketing future
AAP - 6 March 2003

New South Wales all-rounder Shane Lee gives himself little chance of playing cricket for his country again because of a debilitating knee injury.

Having represented Australia at both of the last two World Cups, Lee has not played a first-class match this season because of cartilage damage which has rendered him unable to bowl.

"Unfortunately I am still having problem with my knee and bowling. I'm fine to run and to bat but unfortunately I've got to have another operation at the end of the season," Lee told AAP.

"I've just got no cartilage left on the outside of my right knee, it's just wear and tear throughout the years." Lee is playing as a batsman for his club Mosman in Sydney's first grade cricket competition.

The Sydneysider admitted that he may never improve upon his tally of 48 wickets from 45 one-day internationals.

"It depends on whether I can get my knee right, if I can't bowl I'm basically no chance of playing at the top level again," he said.

"I'm not going to play just as a batsman.

"At this stage it's probably only about 20 per cent of getting back I reckon without a major operation."

Meanwhile, Lee has been forced to watch the World Cup on the television from the comfort of his couch as he follows his younger brother, Brett's, exploits in South Africa.

"I would love to be over there. I make sure I keep on eye on when Brett's bowling and when he's batting occasionally" he said.

"The Aussies are going to be pretty tough team to beat, I can only really see Sri Lanka as a real threat."
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Nick's Sports Bar All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: