Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Aussies v. Windies - Second Test

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Nick's Sports Bar

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Donny Aries

Formerly known as MAGFAN8.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2003 3:33 pm
Post subject: Aussies v. Windies - Second TestReply with quote

The Windies vice captain, Ramnaresh Sarwan, has been cleared for the second Test and been added to the squad.

A 20 year old offie has also been included. Sorry, I didn't catch his name. Clokey will know.

The wicket will determine if Australia go in with the two spinners again.

It's a game. Enjoy it. Very Happy
couragous cloke Scorpio

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2003 5:30 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Tino Best has been added to the side. He's by far the fastest bowler in the windies and has a bad boy reputation. im looking forward to watching him bowl, also for those of u who havent seen ramaresh sarwarn bat, watch out, he's a real match winner.
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2003 12:00 am

""? ?
Donny Aries

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2003 12:16 am

Australian team for second Test of Travelex Tour of the West Indies
Australian Cricket Board - 17 April 2003

The Australian Cricket Board (ACB) announced today that the National Selection Panel (NSP) has named an unchanged line-up for the second Test of Australia's Travelex Tour of the West Indies, beginning at Queen's Park, Trinidad on Saturday 19 April.

The team that claimed victory by nine wickets over the West Indies in the first Test at Georgetown, Guyana is:

STATE AGE CAPS
Stephen Waugh (captain) NSW 37 157
Ricky Ponting (vice-captain) TAS 28 65
Andrew Bichel QLD 32 12
Adam Gilchrist WA 31 40
Jason Gillespie SA 27 40
Matthew Hayden QLD 31 39
Brad Hogg WA 32 2
Justin Langer WA 32 60
Brett Lee NSW 26 28
Darren Lehmann SA 33 9
Stuart MacGill NSW 31 20
Martin Love (12th man) QLD 28 2

Donny Aries

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2003 12:26 am

Tino Best ? Haven't been able to find anything on him, Clokey.

The young spinner is Omari Banks. Carlton Baugh has been included as wicket keeper in case Riddles doesn't recover in time.

West Indies squad Wavell Hinds, Devon Smith, Daren Ganga, Brian Lara (capt), Ramnaresh Sarwan, Shivnarine Chanderpaul, Marlon Samuels, Ridley Jacobs/Carlton Baugh (wk), David Bernard, Omari Banks, Vasbert Drakes, Mervyn Dillon, Pedro Collins, Jermaine Lawson.

Donny Aries

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2003 12:42 am

Hayden looking to feast on spin in second Test
AAP - 17 April 2003

Australian batsman Matthew Hayden hopes to feast on his favourite dish in Trinidad this weekend when the West Indies send a little-known Anguillan off-spinner into his first cricket Test.

Omari Banks, from the tiny Leeward Island, will walk into a trap if Hayden unloads the punishment that has floored some of the world's best spinners in the second Test at Queen's Park Oval from Saturday.

Hayden is due for a century, by his lofty standards, because he hasn't reached triple figures in his past five Test innings.

The Queenslander is second only to Don Bradman on the list of Australia's most frequent century-makers in Tests, with a ton about every five knocks and a Test average of 50.40.

"It's going to come, but I think it's going to come a little bit differently for me this time. I am looking to just bat length of time throughout the Test matches here," he said.

"Getting to face spin I think that's going to be huge, that's going to ultimately reveal some massive scoring opportunities for me throughout the series.

"I kind of missed the boat in some ways not really facing (two part-time spinners). I don't think they have got a real quality spinner in their side."

He lost his ranking as the world's best Test batsman this week to England's Michael Vaughan, but the laid-back Hayden was hardly bothered.

The merits of the ranking system are debatable and Hayden remembers that Australian team-mate Adam Gilchrist jumped into top spot last year after not playing a match in one ranking period.

"It shows the fickle nature of our sport and of this particular ranking system as well," Hayden said.

"It's a nice tag to have, the number one ranking, and I think it's something to aspire to as well. It's now a battle to get it back again and I am sure it will be pretty close.

"But it's not something I play the game for. My passions are our partnerships and the way we demonstrate in playing for Australia."

HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2003 1:01 am

Do you believe in god?
couragous cloke Scorpio

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2003 11:58 am

GO AWAY NERD!
Donny Aries

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2003 7:13 pm

Ridley Jacobs didn't recover so Jamaica's 20-year-old Carlton Baugh will make his Test debut.

Tino Best, Barbados's leading wicket-taker this season – his 39 scalps have come at just 18.25 – has been named as Lawson's replacement.

The inclusion of Banks is a reward for a solid first-class season in which he took 25 wickets at 36.40 and scored 270 runs at 33.75 for the Leeward Islands.

He is the first cricketer from Anguilla to be picked for a senior West Indies side.

David Bernard and Tino Best have been left out of the 14 man squad and the 12th. man looks to be Marlon Samuels.

Northern Pie 

We are watching!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2003 1:34 am

Ya just gotta love Autumn Cricket....eagerly awaiting this test.....I think it will be a nice tight one...

Cheers

Donny Aries

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2003 1:50 am

Great toss to win. We'll make stacks.

The Windies look awfully thin in the bowling dept. Mervyn Dillon & Pedro Collins will need a BIG improvement on their first Test. On that form they wouldn't get a game with any Pura Cup team.

The intriguingly named Vaspert Drakes is more workmanlike than dangerous and the young spinner, Omari Banks, isn't playing. Who will bowl after them ?

Waywell Hinds and Marlon Samuels are very part time and Bernard is playing his first Test.

Donny Aries

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2003 2:12 am

Well after some brisk scoring by the Aussie openers - 10 overs gone and 0/48 - disaster struck !

Not a collapse or even a bad injury. No, just another EASILY AVOIDABLE incorrect umpiring decision.

If we can be shown a replay with superimposed tramlines on it in 7 seconds, so can the third umpire, or for that matter, either umpire.

Well, I was responding to Langer (25) being given out lbw.

It just happened again! Same situation, same result. Shown to be CLEARLY outside the line of leg stump.

Asoka de Silva has just given another shocker !! Hayden (30) looks puzzled - at the very least - as he walks off.

Northern Pie 

We are watching!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2003 2:31 am

De Silva is a disgrace....is he trying to make up for Darly Hair and his obvious dislike for all things sub continent??...lol

I mean seriously..the rule is pretty clear..if it pitches outside the leg stump, it doesn't matter where it hits..it is not out...unless of course it hits the stumps themselves.....

"DE SILVA.....NO SOUP FOR YOU!!!!"

cheers

Donny Aries

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2003 5:25 am

Australia are 2/200 in the 46th over. A run rate of 4.4

Ponting is on 74 and Lehmann, 60. One or both look like going a long way here. Good morning.

Donny Aries

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2003 5:37 am

The Ponting/Lehmann partnership has just passed 150.

The scarey thing for the Windies is Australia could conceivably reach 400 today !

If the scoring continues at present rate, the Aussies will be 396 after the first day.

Hmmm may as well stay for a bit. Punter's ton seems imminent. He's 82 and Lehmann is 67.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Nick's Sports Bar All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 1 of 6   

Jump to: