#20 Ben Reid

Player President threads here thanks.

Moderator: bbmods

Banksy

Post by Banksy »

Big T wrote:Save Brown we will be full strength for first time in ages at prelim time (depending on Wellers)
What's up with wellers?
AN_Inkling

Post by AN_Inkling »

Full strength in terms of personnel. But not as a side. We won't be at our best for the rest of this year. Not enough continuity. We'll just have to hope we reach a level good enough to win it. On today's performance, we're not quite there yet.
Well done boys!
Banksy

Post by Banksy »

AN_Inkling wrote:Full strength in terms of personnel. But not as a side. We won't be at our best for the rest of this year. Not enough continuity. We'll just have to hope we reach a level good enough to win it. On today's performance, we're not quite there yet.
Let's face it ....the cats & the hawks weren't that much better.
AN_Inkling

Post by AN_Inkling »

MJ23 wrote:Larkin just said Reid was close to getting up and should be right for the prelim
Bucks said he would have played if the game were two days later. In other words, the usual spiel come finals time. The same was said of Presti in last year's prelim.
Well done boys!
eddiesmith
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 16 times

Post by eddiesmith »

Wont miss Reid now if we play Hawthorn, might need though if we end up with Sydney to take on his brother :lol:

But will definately be needed for the Pussies in the GF
MJ23

Post by MJ23 »

AN_Inkling wrote:
MJ23 wrote:Larkin just said Reid was close to getting up and should be right for the prelim
Bucks said he would have played if the game were two days later. In other words, the usual spiel come finals time. The same was said of Presti in last year's prelim.
yeah, Larkins was in the rooms when he said it and he said Reid was walking around no problems. I know it dont mean much however he would be breaking a story if it was worse and he didnt seem to preoccupied with it
"Even when Im old and gray, I wont be able to play but Ill still love the game"
Michael Jordan
Piethagoras' Theorem
Been liked: 2 times

Post by Piethagoras' Theorem »

Defence was superb today but I was still very uncomfortable everytime they bombed it in. I've got no doubt we'll be much better with Reid back. I just hope he's right for the GF if we get through
Formally frankiboy and FrankieGoesToCollingwood.
Johnno75
Been liked: 16 times

Post by Johnno75 »

On the 5th Qtr Ralph Malph says Collingwoodfc insists it is a groin but he thinks it's a 2-3cm tear in the hammy so 21 days and he will be touch and go for Preliminary. Anyone else heard this rumor?
Human behavioural studies suggest people who use a lot of swear words tend to be more honest & trustworthy.
Trezegol

Post by Trezegol »

Johnno75 wrote:On the 5th Qtr Ralph Malph says Collingwoodfc insists it is a groin but he thinks it's a 2-3cm tear in the hammy so 21 days and he will be touch and go for Preliminary. Anyone else heard this rumor?
Seriously, how would a newspaper know the size of the tear? Did they sit in with the collingwood doctors? Assuming a player has a certain type of injury is one thing, but predicting the extent of the injury is just guess work.
"There have been injuries and deaths in boxing, but none of them serious." (Alan Minter)
Angry Anvil

Post by Angry Anvil »

Does anyone know the training schedule for this week? I'm keen to see whether Reidy trains, and if he does, how freely he's moving.

I'd love to go into the prelim with our first best 22 side in God knows how long.
"Oh look, Essendon is a really good side, but SO IS WE" - Anthony Rocca, 2004.
John Wren

Post by John Wren »

John Wren wrote:
stui magpie wrote:
stui magpie wrote:I've still got faith in Reid, I watched him on Saturday and i liked the way he moved in anticipation of play more than once.

Give him time.
Quite happy with my foresight here. 8)
not one for grand statements, i think reid will be all-australian in the next few years.
this makes me happy.
Purveyor of sanctimonious twaddle.
John Wren

Post by John Wren »

themonk wrote:We gave Tarrant for Reid, they both will stop playing AFL footy within the next 1-2 years.

Thank god for Medhurst.
hindsight. :lol:
Purveyor of sanctimonious twaddle.
AN_Inkling

Post by AN_Inkling »

John Wren wrote:
John Wren wrote:
stui magpie wrote:
stui magpie wrote:I've still got faith in Reid, I watched him on Saturday and i liked the way he moved in anticipation of play more than once.

Give him time.
Quite happy with my foresight here. 8)
not one for grand statements, i think reid will be all-australian in the next few years.
this makes me happy.
Underestimating our players again. AA in the next few years? Try next year.
Well done boys!
David
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 37 times

Post by David »

melliot wrote:
mattdally wrote:Reid is a dud. Yeah he's 19, but if Freo offered Tarrant for Reid I'd swap him in a heart beat
I'm glad your not director of recruiting!!!!!!

Todays Age has Tarrant quoted to say 2010 to be his last year (I just read the headline). So you'd swap a potential 10 year player for a washed up forward, come back flanker with 1 and a bit years left in him. I'm a Tarrant fan (the CFC version), but now glad we did what we did in 2006.

pffft. Reid is almost equivilant to a first year draftee KPP. FFS, He's done more than Jack Watts in 2009.

Jezz, I'm gunna love bringing this thread back in two years time to see so many of you eat your words!!!!

How can so many experts be wrong about this kid. So many of the coaches at CFC think this kid will be good. So many commentators of VFL & AFL say they reckon this kid has got the stuff to make it.
Lol. Kind of ironic re: the Tarrant comments. :P
"Every time we witness an injustice and do not act, we train our character to be passive in its presence." – Julian Assange
Mossi
Been liked: 2 times

Post by Mossi »

jimbeam wrote:he can kick, very nice kick in actual fact, when he dominated juniors he was known for ripping down everything that came his way and pumping the ball long, the kid is a freak but is not AFL ready yet, we are slowly getting games into him to speed up his development, you do know he is 3 cm shorter than kruzer and a few days younger?? he just needs confidence, and lol at everyone writing him off in the thread.
mattdally wrote:the difference is that Kruezer looks good
frankiboy wrote:So does Anna Kournikova.
:lol:

You were spot on Jimbean faith!!!!