Pies v Swans Post Match.............in 'ere thanx!

Match previews, reviews, reports and discussion.

Moderator: bbmods

CQ

Post by CQ »

williams was good at the end, walking around with the rest of the team and looked quite ok. good! :)
CQ

Post by CQ »

ha did he blame us? pfft piss off, were not the ones directing the team or out there kicking the footy, we're the ones paying our money and we expect results for our investment!
Bones

Post by Bones »

One word...PATHETIC!!!

20% worse game than last week.

Me thinks Fraser has been crap for too long and needs to be dropped for 2-3weeks.

Same 3-4 players working their guts out, with too many passengers.

Bucks 2.5
Rocca 2.5
Tarrant 1 (he was chit for 3 quarters-goals saved his ass)
Licura tried his guts out
JLC

Post by JLC »

Bones wrote:One word...PATHETIC!!!

20% worse game than last week.

Me thinks Fraser has been crap for too long and needs to be dropped for 2-3weeks.

Same 3-4 players working their guts out, with too many passengers.

Bucks 2.5
Rocca 2.5
Tarrant 1 (he was chit for 3 quarters-goals saved his ass)
Licura tried his guts out
Well i thought Scott Burns busted his guts out as usual. Pity they couldnt leave Tarrant at Full Forward the whole game. When left one out he showed how damaging he could be.

jlc
The Torres bounce is officially dead. You are walking alone now Fernando.
M@®©

Post by M@®© »

Supporters do deserve to expect alot after all a Grand Final last year and well this year i was expecting to go one more. I have not been happy with our performances at all in 2003 even the games we won we have played terrible we beat Carlton just Played 1 qtr against the Cats and the win against the tigers wasnt to flash sure its great to win while playing bad but when playing bad and losing.... looks very ordinary specially certain coaching moves i thought Tony Shaw use to do some bad coaching moves :oops: Cmon Mick leave players where there suppose to be
WANTED urgent a decent ruckmen !!!! the stats seem to say we did ok but i think that was Rocca making it up in the ruck McKee and Fraser need to something FAST
Dr. Rock

Post by Dr. Rock »

2 things cost us the match
1. Too slow
2.Too indirect

We nned some genuine pace in the forward line
We need to have the faith to kick long ino the forward line.We have the talls...

Consider this if pagan were coaching us would we be chipping around the ground, i reckon we would be 5-1 not 3-3 if that were the case...

At least i have never heard pagan blame the supportrs...
Bones

Post by Bones »

So sorry, Burns was in the top 5-6... Very difficult to judge when he gets yanked orfa the ground so much.... :?
Northern Pie

Post by Northern Pie »

Fair Dinkum,

If this is going to be the intelligence level of the posts this week then I am handing in my Moderators BAdge and telling you all to just get stuffed, I have had enough of this...We are Collingwood SUPPORTERS!!!!

See you all next week.....pft!!!
ramjet21

Post by ramjet21 »

im a bit lost NP - what do you mean?
we were slow and sometimes lazy and somehow still almost won. very disappointing after the talk from buckley and MM all week was that they had adjusted training etc to set themselves for this game. nigel smart and simon goodwin in doubt next week and i guess carey is a game by game proposition. i was hoping he'd be suckered into a few fisticuffs last night and be rubbed out. wakelin back - willy's game will be interesting. a lot of blokes in contention for a recall.
Banksy

Post by Banksy »

NP just because we are Collingwood supporters doesn't mean we can't have an opinion on how pathetic our form has been.
We have every right to expect more from this team...after all we did play off in a GF last year...to not beat the swans in melbourne is just not acceptable.
I can handle losing...but it's how and why we lost that i can't handle.
At the moment we lack skill...our decision making when going forward is second rate...our tackling is shocking.....we don't hit targets with passes and we miss too many easy set shots on goals.
We have players in the team that aren't up to it and need to be dropped to Williamstown....the players i'm referring to........Mcgough can read the play but is too slow and can't hit a target on the lead.,has poor disposal.
Johnson.....you think by now his kicking would have improved....drops easy marks and fumbles under pressure.
Betheras...gives his all but that's all he is ....a trier that will make the odd mistake that will cost us...like the one he made last night on the forward flank in the 1st quater where he opted to hanball to nobody instead of getting boot to ball.
Cloke....he's form at the moment is poor ...and he looks slow,but i can't knock him because overall he has been good for us and let's hope he turns it around soon.....at times i feel he should go for his marks a bit more instead of the spoil.
Mckee.......he is ranked 19th in the AFL for hitouts...enough said.
Fraser....his time has come to stand up and deliver and show the faithful that his number 1 taking in the draft was merited...i feel he is lost in the role he wants to play...ruck/forward or just simply ruck which he needs to start adding more bulk to his frame or he'll just get brushed aside by more stronger rucks which most teams already have.
Didak...just having a bad run but he's a future champion and he'll come good...needs to work on his right side ...plus he's only a kid.
As for the coach...he's a proven coach so i wont knock him...plus i rather him coaching us than not....just a little baffled with Lokan at full forward along with Mcgough , and Burnsy not starting games...why?
Others like Licuria and Woewodin aren't playing what they're capable of....but are proven champions..form you lose...form you regain...class stays with you.
Well that's my bitch for this week..call it knocking ,call it whatever you like...but i know where my heart lies when it comes to footy and that's with the CFC.
One premiership in 45 years justifies our dissapointment at times but we're passionate and wear our hearts on our sleeves....but one thing for certain we'll be there next week supporting our club..the mighty pies ...to our next win.Go pies
Mr Pieman

Post by Mr Pieman »

I kept yelling at the TV ... "who's on Goodes". Our midfield looked slow and Sydney seemed to have free reign right up the corridor.

We are much better than that. It will take something like a confidence boosting win interstate (Rnd 7) to get us back on track.
CARN THE PIES
Piepark

Post Match

Post by Piepark »

The only thing I will say about defending MM and his comments about expectations is that we progressed last year greater than what anyone would have thought. Taking nothing away from last year but the reality is we will not repeat last year with some of those players who ran around last night. I have mentioned players before in this post but without being seen as slagging 'em but we have a 6-8 kids in the seconds like Cole, Cloke, Swan, Davidson, Nixon, Walker to name a just a few who are our future. There are 6 players who will play senior footy this year if not next. When we will bring them in? When MM realises that some players in the seniors are playing on reputation (if some of them have any), and not on form (if they had any of that either) !

The only thing about bringing in kids is as we all know, we may lose games in order for them to get senior experience, but on our current form what is new?

I still say we should not try to think this year will automatically happen, but use this year to build a bigger list for next year. History shows unless you have an exceptional talented list, you cannot go one step better after making the GF. WE don't have an exceptional talented list and the sooner we realise that, the better our expectations will be. I expect us to finish somewhere between 10th and 6th. I hope we finish higher of course but I would rather see some kids play more often than some players who have been around for a while now and still struggle to make any significant impact. I look back at Geelong after the '89 GF and think it took them about 3 years to get back to a successful era of playing and (nearly) winning GF, I think we are in the same boat. I have tried not to bag players or sound negative, but folks I am as frustrated and disappointed as anyone watching the boys play the way they are, but even more frustrating is watching the same players make mistakes knowing we have kids in the seconds ready to run is even more frustrating !!

The only thing we have to fear about making significant changes to our list is losing games, so why don't we do it !!

Go Pies,
Northern Pie

Post by Northern Pie »

Constructive Critism is one thig but to speculate on how we would be different under Pagan (Carltons Coach BTW) is another whole kettle of fish..and what the hell is this crap about MM blaming the supporters, it is not the case at all, he is on record last year as saying that he was surprised that they got to the GrnadFinal with the list they had and were playing well above themselves.....IT took almost everybody by surprise, I do not now look at the side as Having to go the next step, they are a bunch of young kids still, they have more pressure put on them than any other side from media and other outlets, the last place they need to get all this crap and pressure form is from it's supporters....we are 3 and 3 it was after this round last year that Collingwood went on a big winning streak that ulitmately took us into the finals and the Grand Final....Abusing the list and telling them they are pathetic and useless is not going to get them anywhere......you think MM takes a player like Fraser aside and says you are pathetic, slow and useless...of course not....or he grabs MCG and says geez son you are pathetic, you can't hit a target, you are too slow and I am sorry but you just can't cut it, i mean I know youare only 18 but you are gone....OF COURSE NOT, so what give us the right to do so......This is a young side with still a lot to learn, my whoile poiunt is that why put the boot in when they are down....you are entitled to your opinions, I am not disputing that and well SO AM I!!!

Cheers
JLC

Post by JLC »

Well i felt sick when i looked at our forward line only to see McGough and Lokan standing there. I felt sick when we dont even do the basics like laying effective tackles.

At least Burns started on the ground this week :)

Things will turn around. The question is will they turn around before the season is too late and our finals chances are blown??

jlc
The Torres bounce is officially dead. You are walking alone now Fernando.
Northern Pie

Post by Northern Pie »

Why would you feel sick about that..Lokan came to the club as a player who played in the backline for Port and as a full forward for Ports reserves....the one opportunity that he did have he kicked the goal didn't he??? and MCG, well I recall that alot of the time a midfielder needs a rest that they get put into a forward pocket, so what is the big deal?? where else would you have put him when resting him?? besides in the last qtr it was MCG that gave us a lot of the clearances out of the centre, brouhgt us back into it with the way he read the game....not bad for a kid that finished High School last year.....

Cheers