Pies v Swans Post Match.............in 'ere thanx!

Match previews, reviews, reports and discussion.

Moderator: bbmods

lones37

Post by lones37 »

We r still 3-3, having played 6 ordinary games, 7 if u include the final in Wizard Cup. I know this sounds stupid to some, but this will be a blessing in disguise for us. We are playing ordinary to the say the least, and the reality check has now hit home. MM wants the players to believe they are the best in the comp, we are far from that. Now we know we are in for a fight just to make the eight. We are the hunted, everyone is on to us, and they want to knock us off. Now it is up to the coach to come up with new strategies to once again get under everyones guard. And our players have lost that spark and confidence they had last year

I am sure we will get it back, luckily we can only improve and hopefully launch a serious assault in the last half of the year.
Northern Pie

Post by Northern Pie »

Lones...great post!!!

Cheers
Macca19

Post by Macca19 »

Banksy wrote:just a little baffled with Lokan at full forward along with Mcgough , and Burnsy not starting games...why?
Sorry to barge in after a loss, but im a Port supporter and i use to watch Lokan play every week and he used to play at Full Forward in the seniors at the Port Magpies and lead our goalkicking last year. Hes a more than capable forward. Kicked a bag of 5 and 6 i think before tapering off at the end of last year. Kicked 22 goals in 13 games...which doesnt seem a lot, but Port Magpies were fairly crap last year and the ball rarely went forward and Lokan had little support.

Hes a more than capable forward when given a go there and i reckon he might succeed as a forward at AFL level considering he has a lot more quality support than he did last year at the Port Magpies.
Dr. Rock

Post by Dr. Rock »

Hey NP iv'e read a lot of your posts and like the way you write/wthink but....
if you were there last night you would have seen a team that we Know can do better but were continually thwarted by indirect kicking.Look at the stats we had nearly as much if not more of the ball yet lost...
Like others on this page i roll up hoping we will win of course,and if not well just hoping we give it our all. Couple of thoughts about our season thus far
1. We really have won our 3 games based on 1 quarters effort
2.We have in nearly all games kicked the first goal.Shows our match ups must have been ok at the start of the game.
3.After losing the last 3 we are now back to 3-3.Against the Lions and a rampaging bombers fair enough i can cop that (except for the margin last week), but against the swans...

Why we didn't go straight down the centre all night i dunno, interestingly it was only when Williams went of concussed that the players met in groups without the coach that they perhaps then decided to kick long and then proceeded to kick 4 goals straight.

Don't get me wrong MM has and is a revelation to our club. But is it players only that are free to be criticised? Or do we toe the line??
Cheers :)
Northern Pie

Post by Northern Pie »

I agree with you there mam. The fact that we are playing ordinary football says to me that we can't do anything but improve. What I am trying to say is that now is the time for us to throw our complete and utter weight behind the boys. I am just so dissapointed that people are using this time to sink the boot in even further.....You think they boys walked off last night feeling good about what they acheived, I bet they felt like crap.....All this talk I have seen in here about Collingwood supporters being family and treating the teram as family just seems to be the case when things are going well....I have grown up part of a Football Family myself...if my brother had a shocker, I would be the first to tell him that he will be better next week....I don't walk up to him and tell him...mate you were shit, you should pack it in, you are not good enough or I think your team would benefit if you went to another club for the player that did better than you......I don't say to him, sheez your coach is crap mate, I can't believe he made you do those things!! I support him 100%.....Isn't that what makes a great family......

And about MM it seems to me he is sticking to the the principles that brought Collingwood out of darkness....I mean if he listened to alot of people on here then Collingwood would still be in the Dark. He sticks with what he has got and tries the best he can to get us over the line.....besides who knows, those players might have gotten together and discussed the fact that if they do what MM has told them to do things might work, but we only think negatively. Time to think Positively..I htink what MM said was great...it is round six and there is still along way to go....I hope we can just drop the stupid comments and put a little faith in him and the players!!!!
Millane42

Post by Millane42 »

pathetic! even st kilda could beat us in the ladder this year. buckley deserves a brownlow for sure. but we suck and so does MM, collecting fat paychecks for bugger all work. genius
Most of my favourite bands start with "M" - Mars Volta, Mastodon, Megadeth, Metallica, Midnight Oil, Misfits...except King Gizzard and the Lizard Wizard ~
grims

Post by grims »

A positive i take out of this is that 2 weeks in a row the person playing on tarrant has played out in front of tarrant preventing his leading. It was effective for the essendon game and for 3 quaters of last nights. In the last quater we kicked long to tarrant at full forward and this was very effective. So now if the defender plays side by side with tarrant he'll just run out in front of him, and if he plays in front we can just put tarrant at full forward and kick it long to him. This is gonna make it extremely hard to stop him.
sherrife

hi

Post by sherrife »

hey everyone....i went to a party after the second quarter but ive just gota few things to point out, correct me if i sound stupid ;):

1. it seems we've returned to our mid-nineties style of play...buckley buckley and buckley. WHERES THE MIDFIELD SUPPORT. tarrant is obviously helping but playing upfield taking marks 100 metres out leaves our forwardline open and inefficient. with woey in our team i was expecting our midfield to rival that of brisbane and adelaide.....WRONG
2. burns is one of our best players and should be playing 120 minutes if his body is up to it.
3. kinnear isnt good enough to play in our side (hopefully top four) and leon and holland have the natural talent so KEEP THEM IN THE TEAM FOR EXPERIENCE!
4. Fraser needs to decide whether he wants to be a ruckman, and bulk up, or a forward, in which case WE DONT WANT HIM. at the moment he seems to play a round the ground ruckman who never takes a contested mark. we might as well add in another midfielder if thats the case because he isnt doing the 'big mans job'
5. Stunner is playing up and beyond his potential as a round-the-ground back-up ruckman but we need a fulltime tap ruckman OR an extra quality midfielder to help in the clearances. this means fraser's position is even more crucial.
6. with our forward line i dont care who MM is we should be kicking long and i think that should be pretty obvious to all? if defenders are playing tarrant 20 metres infront, bombing long should be a sound tactic? i mean we have buckley, lonie, clement and others who can kick the ball accurately 50+ metres....USE THEM

anyway as pie fans we have been through worse shit than this so GO THE PIES!!! .... in response to MM's comments i think that in some ways he may be correct and a flag isnt a certainty, but conversely we have been rebuilding for 5 YEARS! is this a continuous process or are we actually gonna end up with a powerhouse team?
I would be ashamed to admit that I had risen from the ranks. When I rise it will be with the ranks... - Eugene Debs
HAL
Been liked: 3 times

Post by HAL »

Was party after the second quarter but he or she have just gota few things to point out correct him or her if he or she sound stupid smile

1 a good experience? OK What should I have said? I think well live to see it. No, this is real life.
sherrife

haha

Post by sherrife »

haha hal ur a loser but yea i guess that sounded wrong :oops: ...

i was meaning to say "i went out after the second quarter so i missed the match, but ive got a few things to point out in general"....woops
I would be ashamed to admit that I had risen from the ranks. When I rise it will be with the ranks... - Eugene Debs
HAL
Been liked: 3 times

Post by HAL »

I'm glad you got a laugh out of it.
Northern Pie

Post by Northern Pie »

apart from one or two people HAL is the only one making sence in here.....

there are the pies and there is everything else...right HAL!!

Cheers
sherrife

yes

Post by sherrife »

yea nitpicking over grammar or spelling really is making sense.... nice one NP. jeez a little mistake in a sentence, wats with ppl these days dont ya have anything better to do
Northern Pie

Post by Northern Pie »

I know sherrife...HAL can be a complete Bastard at times. but I reckon he is great!!!!

Long Live HAL

Cheers
MissMagpie_20

Post by MissMagpie_20 »

Well all i can say is that im really baffled, confusing and hurting atm. Ii honestly thought ANZAC Day was the kick in the arse we needed but it seems that not much changed in a week.

The fact that we only lost by 4 goals is a positive because the way we played, we shouldve lost by more. Sydney dominated the game all nite so to be within 4 goals is a bonus, and we could easily have won the game if it wasnt for that cocky little prick kicking the sealer. We played 20 minutes of good footy all nite, if we could only striong 2gether a solid, 4 quarter game.

Tarrant was awesome, marked everything that went near him and was INSPIRINGin the last quarter, it was MAGNIFICENT to watch.

Im looking forward to Adelaide, we have a good record over there and it will be nice to be the underdog again. This seems to be when we play our best football.
Those with the most invested are the last to surrender!

So when i'm lying in my bed, thoughts running through my head and i feel that love is dead...
IM LOVING BUCKLEY INSTEAD!