PIES Magnificent !! Post Match - Pies v. Crows. All comments

Match previews, reviews, reports and discussion.

Moderator: bbmods

Dr Alf Andrews

Post by Dr Alf Andrews »

Woewodin ... magnificent.

Tarrant ... magnificent.

Lokan ... nullified McLeod when it mattered.

Molloy ... courageous.

Buckley ... inspirational.

Licuria ... solid.

WE ARE BACK !
Madpies_Fan

Post by Madpies_Fan »

As I have said all along, Woey is a terrific pick up for us, and he proved that tonight. Magnificent he was.. Not only with all the poss.'s but he ran, tackled and was always in it. Holland did very well in defence, and in some clearences too...Pebbles not only kicked some good goals, but certainly helped assist some too...Taz, well he is a star, enough said..LOL... The team played sensational and was a well needed confidence booster & win... Onwards and upwards!! Well done boys, cya's next week... Go Woey!
Bec
Go Pies!!
ramjet21

Post by ramjet21 »

as good as bucks, lica and taz were....
3 - woey. fairly obvious.
2 - lokan. just 6 touches but held mcleod to 16 with barely any impact.
1 - cole. i know he was on and off the bench and only had 6 possies, but his hardness early set an example and when on the ground, he tore tyson edwards a new arsehole. reckon tyson would have only had 5-6 of his 18 touches when cole was on him. hope he gets another game against the budgies.

great to see holland return to form. i had my doubts but good on him.
foxy

Post by foxy »

unbelieveable. truly amazing.

Mike, you gotta put up the chat transcripts from the last few minutes of the game. it was a bloody classic.

i deadset couldn't handle those last few minutes. i was close to death.

this team continues to amaze me.
Northern Pie

Post by Northern Pie »

Yeah i would love to see a transcript if available.....that was an awesome game.....What I love is that some kid, somewhere, will be out in his backyark kicking the footy and commentating it with a statement like "and Chirs Tarrant Lines up for goal...there's the siren....it's a goalllllll, Collingwood win the game" Now THAT is what dreams are made of folks.....brings a tear to my eye....

WE ARE BACK???? .....WE NEVER LEFT!!!!

Cheers
grims

Post by grims »

Best game of football i've seen in a long time. Neither side gave in, coulda gone either way. Adelaide could have blown us away at so many stages but to our credit we kept fighting back. Probably the most consistent umpiring i've seen all year, and I don't say much good about umpire usually. When Tarrant kicked the final goal i jumped off the couch and ran around the house cheering, which is unusual cause i'm usually not a very emotional guy. Gonna be hard job for the selectors this week, will be interesting how willi go this week.
bokka

Post by bokka »

naturally the one morning I slept in and missed the game it was a classic after-the-siren win - was awake for the last 3 disasters (night games are at about 5am here). Just shows there's always room for a whinge in any situation.
Anyway great to read about MM doing some innovative proactive coaching moves that is a promising sign. Crows and Pies both play clean footy and always seem to have great tussles.
Blanch

Post by Blanch »

I'm still awake and look at the time...I'm on a high you wouldn't believe!

Donny, your faith is never ending and without Mike's call and Donny's faith I'm not sure I would have gotten through it.

One thing I think hasn't been mentioned yet is one of the differences between this week and the past 3 - tackling.

Richard Cole might not have been a star but his tackling is ferocious and the amount of tackles he laid to stop their forward thrusts was awesome. Tonight we looked like last years team because we tackled, we pressured them into errors - no space for them to move. TACKLING is the key pies.

And that fellow that some hated before tonight...what was his name again....oh jesus..woewodin - lets see how many jump on his bandwagon and how quickly they jump off after he has a poor game again. Woey is all class and in the end class shines through.

Time to collect my $100 and 4 cartons I won on this game. Hey donny, NEVER GIVE UP!
My oxygen is Collingwood. Without it I die.

All WA Magpies join the Western Magpies now:
http://www.westernmagpies.com
(At least go and sign the guestbook).
mudlark

Magnificent Pies

Post by mudlark »

8)
Have to agree with Northern Pie. WE NEVER LEFT.Brodie Holland our new back pocket??How good was he?
GO THE MIGHTY PIES
freddie foxx

Post by freddie foxx »

words cannot express how much heart this victory meant.
To Joffa and the cheer squad my heart goes out to you with more passion than is thought conceivable. My eyes are weltering with pride, with a victory that illustrates what the true collingwood spirit is really about. THIS IS WHAT IT MEANS WHEN WE SAY COLLINGWOOD!!! To all pie crew that repped over in S.A. my heart goes to you two fold, thanks not only to the players triumphant effort but to all you supporters that went for the journey.

(P.S.CHEER SQUAD)

SEND INFO to me for anything i can help with, i know this sound likes bandwagon jumping but this victory gives me more pride than is thought comprehendable (if thats a word.) Cheers Joffa and the crew dont hesitate Ell.
practice makes perfect but perfect practice makes a champion-peter daicos
freddie foxx

Post by freddie foxx »

words cannot express how much heart this victory meant.
To Joffa and the cheer squad my heart goes out to you with more passion than is thought conceivable. My eyes are weltering with pride, with a victory that illustrates what the true collingwood spirit is really about. THIS IS WHAT IT MEANS WHEN WE SAY COLLINGWOOD!!! To all pie crew that repped over in S.A. my heart goes to you two fold, thanks not only to the players triumphant effort but to all you supporters that went for the journey.

(P.S.CHEER SQUAD)

SEND INFO to me for anything i can help with, i know this sound likes bandwagon jumping but this victory gives me more pride than is thought comprehendable (if thats a word.) Cheers Joffa and the crew dont hesitate Ell.
practice makes perfect but perfect practice makes a champion-peter daicos
HAL
Been liked: 3 times

Post by HAL »

Sounds very pretty.
Whitey

Post by Whitey »

It was great to see woewodin have such an awesome game. True, he's not the fastest bloke off the mark, but when he runs all night like that it doesn't really matter. Tarrant just gets better and better! I can't believe how well he is playing compared with just a few weeks ago.
HAL
Been liked: 3 times

Post by HAL »

freddie foxx wrote:words cannot express how much heart this victory meant.

(P.S.CHEER SQUAD)

Sounds very pretty.
Joel

Post by Joel »

YOU BLOODY RIPPER!!!

I was sitting in a house full of Richmond supporters (my girlfriend's family) watching the game and that made it even better. All game, it was 'Go Adelaide', and that made it even better when we won. Within 5 minutes of the end of he game, I received two phone calls (on my phone with the CFC Theme song as the tone) and an SMS, all of the messages/calls went along the lines of this: "YOU F#$@# RIPPER, GO PIES", it was sensational. (I'm still pumped, because I feel like I'm not making any sense). When the siren went I was jumping around making a fool of my self but I couldn't help it.

That game was the best game I have seen for a while (probably our last win over there against PA). The team was very impressive last night, Brodie Holland was sensational, Woey was very very very good, Taz is a bloody champ, well the list can go on. It was a real team effort and everyone stood up when it was needed.

Also, the backline picked up the tempo a bit last night and were very good, which was a very promising sign. This was personified by the amount of effort the guys were putting in when trying to stop Adelaide kicking a goal at the end. Anyway, I will stop blabbering on. GO PIES, Sensational effort guys!

P.S. The cheersquad chanting last night was fantastic, I could hear the Cooooolllllllliiiiiinnnnnnnggggwoooooood on TV. Good stuff.