Post Match - Pies by 65 !! All comments here please.

Match previews, reviews, reports and discussion.

Moderator: bbmods

McGuane's 77 Bounces

Post by McGuane's 77 Bounces »

I didn't see the turn of the back Assas...but I don't want to start any rumours here but a direct swap between Nick Stevens and Didak looks to be gaining momentum.
Adz

Post by Adz »

Nick Stevens for Didak?? were did you hear this???? It's highly doubtful.
panga

Post by panga »

:(

I didn't get to watch it, for one, I was at work at the Eagles game, and then they didn't even televise it over here.

;(
collingwood.. bowl them over
MissMagpie_20

Post by MissMagpie_20 »

Gr8 game to watch. It was awesome.

I have so much to say but ill just say one thing for the time being...

Chrissy Tarrant is proving to be the most crucial player in our team. What an absolute GUN! He seems to be getting better and better each week. 6 goals and 17 marks, wow, what a performance. And to think were playing his 'bitches' in 2 weeks time. God only knows what he'll do to them. Hehehe GO TAZZA AND GO PIES :D
Those with the most invested are the last to surrender!

So when i'm lying in my bed, thoughts running through my head and i feel that love is dead...
IM LOVING BUCKLEY INSTEAD!
wimmey

Post by wimmey »

Will Collingwood ever please you Alf????
Daniel

Post by Daniel »

Was the best 'team' effort for the year as all of our players seemed to chips in. I thought Walker did well defensively and was good in the ruck.... but then again I'm not sure what to read in his ruck performance as St Kilda are the worst in the league in terms of hitouts.

Lokan played a good game in the midfield and Shaw was solid all nite at HBF.

However there were worrying signs like the form of Rocca, Wakelin (why he didn't play in front of Gherig I don't know, cos he sure didn't have the pace to stop his leads), Woewodin and Didak.

I like the fact that Williams was used in the forward line as I don't think he has the ability / smarts to be a good midfielder.... however is a capable mark and set shot.
freddie foxx

Post by freddie foxx »

Hey assassin i didnt see that but geez, didak turning his back on Mick thats not a good sign. I remember reading a didak profile before he was a regular senior and one of the questions was.... What would you never do again? His Answer: Leave South Australia. I really hope he doesnt leave because didak is one of those players that you know is going to become an absolute superstar, it would be a real shame if we lost him. Although Nick Stevens is a gun, id be pissed off because i know didak would shine at port
practice makes perfect but perfect practice makes a champion-peter daicos
Ant

Post by Ant »

I've had it up to here with idiots that just say anything off the top of their head like "this player for this player" at the end of the year. Just keep your stupid opinions to yourself. Didak is a gun and maybe even a future captain and im sick of stupid speculations like Didak doesnt respect Mick and will be traded. FFS Im sure he got Micks message and im sick of people blowing things out of proportion.

We won by 65 points and Taz played like an absolute superstar, why not concentrate all your energy on that?
Dr Alf Andrews

Post by Dr Alf Andrews »

wimmey wrote:Will Collingwood ever please you Alf????
WTF is that supposed to mean?

Collingwood pleases me when they play well. And I've been known to make excuses for them when they don't. In fact, I'm quite often one of those who get criticised for sticking up for them when they lose.

Last night was a very poor game of football. If people want to get carried away it, that's their business. But on last night's performance we will get our arses well and truly kicked next week. I just hope we've got enough improvement in us to be competitive.
Ant

Post by Ant »

By the way, Didaks answer of 'never leaving Adelaide' again probably means that he'll never BE in adelaide again, therefore never having to leave it AGAIN.
DaicosMagic

Post by DaicosMagic »

Dr Alf, I hope you were only referring to Rielwoldt in the second quarter, because Clement gave him an absolute bath!!! Clement is back. Last week after quarter time vs WC, he was back to marking overhead while falling back on his arse behind his opponent. The amount of time he did it last night against Re(overrated)woldt was lovely to watch. Clement was hardly mentioned in our best in the papers - he was clearly a standout. And the Herald Sun (i think, maybe it was the age) didn't even list Burns in the best players. See what happens when you start Burns on the ground, Mr Malthouse!!! 8 goals to none and no more catch-up football.

Cloke's spoiling is a worry this year. He comprehensively defeated Aaron (but he sustained an injury) Hamil, yet his fist to the ball is not clean at all this year - timing is well off. Furtermore, someone show him how to get a quick kick at the ball - always in the backline he goes for a huge wind-up up and is tackled every time (cost us a goal in the 3rd quarter when Lawrence kicked that banana).

Cole still isn't used to the pace of the game. If we weren't so far ahead last night, he probably wouldn't have seen so much game time. But redemmed himself with a poster-pic on top of Rie(spoiled blonde brat)woldt's head - his hair matched his uniform superbly. So did Didak with his forwardline pressure that resulted in Shaw's goal.

Finally, Molloy - stop dropping piss-easy marks (like that one in the 3rd quarter that directly resulted in a St Kilda goal.

I'm just being critical in a semi-impressive result (error-riddled match - better teams would have punished us for the amount of skill errors and turnovers we had, so we mustn't sit back and admire ourselves too long after last night). That's what I think, ya hear... I hear you!

Post by AGE »

I left the room at 3/4 time. I heard about the Malthouse thing to Didak, but surely it can't be any different to when another coach goes off at his players ala David Parkin's old days.

What was it about anyone know? Coz i don't remember seeing Didak do anything stupid that would warrant such a spray.

Post by AGE »

Also, quick note.

Good to see Collingwood sold out last night and went a bit Hollywood with Rob Lowe in the change rooms "trying" to sing the song.

Let's hope the Yank goes home and spreads the good word, of the Good Old Collingwood!

And don't be bagging me coz i used the term "sold out".
DaicosMagic

Post by DaicosMagic »

The reason Didak got a spray was because after having a quiet night, Malthouse put him on late in the 3rd. After we had gotten on top, Buckley roved the ball out of the centre, bombed a torpedo to the goalsquare, and Didak went early for mark of the century. He gave away a tupid free kick instead of doing the team thing and crumbing the ball (Tarrant kicked a goal but it was disallowed due to Didak's indiscretion). St Kilda then took the ball the length of the field and kicked a goal.

Post by AGE »

ah yeah I saw that mark "attempt"
Thanks