Collingwood Father Son and NGA Radar

This is a Collingwood Bulletin Board - use this forum for general, Pies-related topics. For other footy topics, use Nick's Other AFL forum, and for non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar. For non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

magpieazza

Post by magpieazza »

Regarding the depth of our midfield in the future, the ones that I am excited about are .. Seedsman, Yagmoor and Josh Thomas.

Elijah Edwards could be good but I know little about him.
Marley Williams could be a pearler too.

The thing I like about Nicks is that you get to hear about the young kids and their potential, however I haven't heard too many raves about other potential midfielders.

How is Josh Thomas travelling and is his injury a career ending one or will we see him this year? Josh would be the one I am most excited about according to the reviews on him.
Carpe diem quam minimum credula postero.
ANNODAM
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 30 times

Post by ANNODAM »

I tell you who else I'm keen on.

A young lad from Warrandyte. Now plays for Northern Knights wears #6 & plays ruck (& sometimes fwd) called Reece McKenzie came from Ivanhoe originally.

Good basketballer too.

He's the son of Carlton premiership player Warren McKenzie played in the 1987 premiership, started on the bench IIRC.

Anyhow, this young bloke is called "buckets" around his club, has MASSIVE hands & wears size 18 footy boot, has to have them specially imported from the US uses Gridiron boots.

Good thing about it, is his old man only played around 67 games for the Scum so not an automatic father-son, this kid is GOOD, he made the Vic-Metro squad this year.
WE WERE ROBBED, RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME, RIGHT IN FRONT OF MEEE!

N.Y METS, N.Y GIANTS, PENRITH PANTHERS & HOBART HURRICANES FAN.

WE ALL LOOK GOOD AT TRAINING, IT'S THE MATCHES THAT COUNT!
stui magpie
Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 74 times

Post by stui magpie »

^

A kid of heard some good things about (mainly from his brother :wink: ) is a kid named Cameron Conlon.

Pies fan, plays for Northern Knights, I think he's 17 this year. Plays basketball as well as footy, near 2 metres tall, high 80kg and can play. If genetics has any part in it he should have no problem putting on weight as he gets older so could be a very dangerous option.
Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.
AN_Inkling

Post by AN_Inkling »

magpieazza wrote:Regarding the depth of our midfield in the future, the ones that I am excited about are .. Seedsman, Yagmoor and Josh Thomas.

More than any of these, I'm excited by the prospects for Mooney. As long as he can get a grip on the game (and he seems to be) he's going to be a ripper. Extreme pace, good strength, toughness and quite nice skills. Reminds me a bit of Gary Rohan from the Swans. I think, of our young mids, he's the most likely to become a "star".
Well done boys!
magpieazza

Post by magpieazza »

AN_Inkling wrote:
magpieazza wrote:Regarding the depth of our midfield in the future, the ones that I am excited about are .. Seedsman, Yagmoor and Josh Thomas.

More than any of these, I'm excited by the prospects for Mooney. As long as he can get a grip on the game (and he seems to be) he's going to be a ripper. Extreme pace, good strength, toughness and quite nice skills. Reminds me a bit of Gary Rohan from the Swans. I think, of our young mids, he's the most likely to become a "star".
Here's hoping to a bright future, certainly has the physical attributes to take him to a level higher than most could dream of. Hope the lad gets a grip of the game.
Carpe diem quam minimum credula postero.
MOTR

Post by MOTR »

AN_Inkling wrote:

I agree. I've really enjoyed watching a couple of his VFL games.
Be Staunch, Be Proud, Be Collingwood
Darkstranger

Pies Father & Sons looking Rosie....

Post by Darkstranger »

Moore, Starcevich, Stewart, Mckewon... Some serious height coming up... Hopefully we don't get sentimental and choose wisely and not waste draft picks for them...

Mckewon kick 3 in the TAC and is still 18 months away from being eligible for the draft... Has anyone seen him play?
Dave The Man
Been liked: 5 times

Post by Dave The Man »

Stewart Played for Vic Metro on Saturday and had a very Quiet Game
I am Da Man
cooldewd

Post by cooldewd »

I thought we passed on Starcevich junior?

Darcy Moore and Stewart jr are very much on the radar and I am sure Ronnie McKeown son will be given consideration.
Dave The Man
Been liked: 5 times

Post by Dave The Man »

cooldewd wrote:I thought we passed on Starcevich junior?

Darcy Moore and Stewart jr are very much on the radar and I am sure Ronnie McKeown son will be given consideration.
Not sure on the Status of Starcevich junior
I am Da Man
cooldewd

Post by cooldewd »

Well he is 19 years old...so, it would appear we have given him a wide berth along with others.
rambopriscilla

Post by rambopriscilla »

I can't help wondering how Jett Buckley's coming along.
- "Number 42? I see you've got Darren Millane in the Heaven footy side"

- "No that's God. He just tries to play like Millane"
cooldewd

Post by cooldewd »

Young Daicos is the one I will be keeping an eye out for!
Fire Up

Post by Fire Up »

rambopriscilla wrote:I can't help wondering how Jett Buckley's coming along.
sign him up already. every time bux takes his kids to westpac. the 2 kids just watch the tv's with the footy on and also watch the boys doing their stuff be it in the gym or or the park. he also has a decent kick on him already for a young kid
3rd degree

Post by 3rd degree »

What about Monkhurst's lad??
" Ohhh Banksy and out comes the Note Book".

www.facebook/the hybernators