Postmatch v Power.It's late, but comments here pretty please

Match previews, reviews, reports and discussion.

Moderator: bbmods

magpie willow

Post by magpie willow »

Sorry I wasnt trying to bag tarrant at all.
cheers
Will.

CARN THE PIES!!!!
MissMagpie_20

Post by MissMagpie_20 »

Well shit Will id hate to see what u would say if u really were bagging him :?
Those with the most invested are the last to surrender!

So when i'm lying in my bed, thoughts running through my head and i feel that love is dead...
IM LOVING BUCKLEY INSTEAD!
lones37

Post by lones37 »

Yet again we were shown up in areas that last year were our strong point. Our ruck work is just not up to scratch, perhaps MM needs to think again on his thoughts about ruckman, FFS we get slaughtered every week! Our accountability in the midfield has been non existent this year, little wonder teams run off streaks of 5 and 6 goals with that supply coming down. Cant really be too harsh on defence, need to stop easy free flowing uncontested possesions in the midfield.

I also think it would be dumb to drop Cole, that is how kids become great players, by learning lessons like that. That is not where the game was lost, supply is where we are getting killed. We are genuinely a team lacking confidence, spark and intensity. We have at least 12 players terribly out form, the worrying ones being pebbles, Lones and Molly. For the life of me i cant understand why Rupe isnt in the side. Lonie is played out of position every week, and it is hurting us.

The sad thing is we should win the next 5, we will probably lose at least 2 of those on current form. These weeks will decide our year.
Last edited by lones37 on Sat May 31, 2003 10:43 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Colin Alexander

Post by Colin Alexander »

Firstly id like to mention my glee at posting my first official post. I like to pay tribute to past diabolical rejects, hence my user name. Im sure they have hepled our cause along the way at some point in time, and this is my way of saying thanks!!

Now i'll unleash my absolute disgust at how Taz was treated by the umps. If anyone tells me that Paxman was responsible for nullifying the great man, then they can suck shit!! I reckon there must've been about 5 times at least, that Slaxman had his mouldy, pasty arm around his neck, with the umps being completely oblivious to it. Im not saying that it would've changed the course of the game considering how Taz's kickin was last night, but mate, pay the man his dues for christs sake!
The Prototype

Post by The Prototype »

Just to let you know that Colin was a very good player down in Tasmania, he was never good enough for the AFL. Seeing as Ive seen him play mostly every one ofn his games for Clarence, he started as a Glenorchy junior before going to Clarence and then Collingwood.
lethalburns

Post by lethalburns »

In BJ's defence I would like to say that it was Shaw who conceded 3 goals on Cocky.

Also Wanganeen is an astonishing player and the only guy I respect in their team. Not one of his 4 opponents could stop him.

McKee as I have said before is no longer of value to our team. Josh has to learn to ruck 4 quarters and Rocca must come in to relieve him at times.

Simple fact is our midfield in general was smashed in the third. We can pick on the little things that happened, but the reality is our midfield lost us the game.

Licuria got toweled up by the ex-N.melb youngster after half time.

Woewodin has not convinced me at all this year. Even when he wracked up heaps with no opponent in Adelaide.

Burns has been consistently our best with Buckley.

Considering our two big forwards kicked NO GOALS, I am impressed that we did not lose by over 60 points.
STOKA35

Post by STOKA35 »

being at the ground you get a better view and how we played.Port were more cleaner in there take and disposal of the ball than us they also managed to set up the free man in space more times than us, you could'nt see this on tv some times the port players were 10-15m in the clear.

Rocca- had a quiet game i dont think you can drop him as he is a target for us in the foward line but he needs to lift and gets som consistancy going

Lokan-tagged gavin neverseen played serviceably just wondering if he has a right foot though has pace but always tries to run around onto his left this is not sanfl reserves level, i think worth peservering with these run with roles

Obree-not playing well i reckon a stint(1-2) at willy on the ball for a whole game will get his confidence back we need him firing as he is a vital running player

Molloy-Needs to bust more heads make a fear factor for opposition defenders like he did when he first arrived that fight in the 3rd qtr got his game going.

Cole-bit harsh on him came on and off the bench.

Shaw-got towled up early by c/collins but to his credit played it out got possesions could have easily sat backand had no touches at all was impressed by that

Please explain mick why leon was taken of in the first qtr when he had kicked 2 goals if he had kicked another by qtr time it could have given him confidence in having a night

If tarrent or rocca had a bit more impact it may have been the difference and as culprit said as well we have had a good run at aami stadium
Culprit
Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 31 times

Post by Culprit »

magpie willow

Post by magpie willow »

I never ever bag the players.

Alright let me get that straight.

My mate knows Tarrant because of his dad being mates with him and thanks to him I have got to know him as well and he is a great bloke and he tells us that he needs to play the same way consistently.

I think Tarrant is a sensational player and i would never bag him or any collingwood player.

All i was saying was that he has trouble playing the same sort of game every week not that he is crap.

Brooke I know how passionate you are about Tarrant and if I have hurt or upset you in any way please understand I am dearly sorry and accept my apology.

GO TAZZA!!!
cheers
Will.

CARN THE PIES!!!!
stik35

Post by stik35 »

All I want to say is - I saw some flashes of very good footy by our boys in the first half - I hope they can try to keep this intensity going for a whole game and we will finally be getting somewhere.
If you bleed black and white you'll never walk alone.
MargOZ

Post by MargOZ »

MissMagpie_20

Post by MissMagpie_20 »

All i was saying was that he has trouble playing the same sort of game every week not that he is crap.
Will if u were a bit older than 13 or a bit more of an analyst you would see that Tazza is playing very good consistent football and has been doing so all year and that your comment posted above is ridiculous. It has NOTHING to do with my passion for the great man.

So when i'm lying in my bed, thoughts running through my head and i feel that love is dead...
chalky

Post by chalky »

I'm with you culprit, on the Woewoden point. There are those that have higher expectations of his potential impact to the side - "after all, he's a Brownlow madalist!" I was one of those, but have since tempered those feelings. As you put so well, he does a job for MM every week. What he gets is rarely wasted and is capable in the clinches. I've also watched him run around. He really is very efficient in his movements, reads the play so well and is usually in the right spot. I can't ask for any from him.

MargOz, one reason perhaps: if you remember, this time last year Rocca was in full flight - the best CHF going around. His dominance was a major factor in a winning streak that put us in top bracket. We desperately need him, in particular, to fire. IMO he will be the catalyst for our surge in the next few weeks.
Joe

Post by Joe »

Tazza has been excellent this year.Everyone is entitled to a poor game.He tries his guts out.There were three defenders on him Friday night.I cant remember that ever happening against Lloyd,Dunstall and even Lockett.he is a champion and that is why he is getting all this attention.Give him time and he will prosper even further.
Go TAZZA
MissMagpie_20

Post by MissMagpie_20 »

Yep everyone is entitled to a poor game but i honestly dont beleive he even had a poor game. Sure he wasnt brilliant but compared to many others he was serviceable on a night where key forwards struggled.