Travis Cloke

Player President threads here thanks.

Moderator: bbmods

WarrenerraW

what should cloke do...

Post by WarrenerraW »

It seems that trav could do with a little advice from us here on nicks (because we are good giving it) to help him make a decision about his future. So, should he...

a) hurry the hell up and sign another bloody contract with the pies.

b) take the money and run... half way across the country to freo where he'll be sweating like a pig and be forced to confront his fear of flying on a fortnightly basis.

c) stop holding the club to ransom.

d) keep holding the club to ransom until he gets 20 to life and 4.5mil a season.

e) his lack of enthusiasm to sign up to now has got me wondering whether players would benefit from a pay as you go style contract like the one i have with vodafone.

f) make cloke captain, vice-captain, president, ceo and game day development coach.

g) trade him but clone him before he leaves.

h) recruit his father and 2 brothers as mature rookies to entice him to stay.

i) i don't give a s*** what he does now because i'm so sick to death of hearing about it.

j) auction him off to the highest bidder.

k) tell him we ain't got no money left and if he wants to stay then he can pay the club for the privilege.

l) i bet trav is only doing this to annoy eddie... and it's working.

m) how much more of this can eddie take before he goes to war with freo.

n) can't we just give him a club 5 membership instead. after all it's still 5 years and isn't that what he wants?

feel free to add some more...
ClokingDevice

Post by ClokingDevice »

We will feast on their bones
WarrenerraW

Post by WarrenerraW »

7 possessions yesterday so that's 100,000 grand for each time he touches the ball.
AnthonyC
Been liked: 1 time

Post by AnthonyC »

WarrenerraW wrote:7 possessions yesterday so that's 100,000 grand for each time he touches the ball.
Can I work for you? That would be a season not a game.
Go Pies!
eddiesmith
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 16 times

Post by eddiesmith »

Watched the interview last night, wow, some weird interpretations of what he said on here... :roll:

Also pretty sure he basically said he has no interest in going to Freo....
4everpies

Post by 4everpies »

frankiboy wrote:Eddie's carrying on like a spoilt 3 year old. Like we've never tried to poach top players :roll:
Couldn't agree more. Time for the club to take the high moral ground, STFU and get on with what is the best outcome for the club.
roar
Been liked: 3 times

Post by roar »

^^ Agree totally.

Can't fault his desire but I really wish he would STFU most of the time.
kill for collingwood!
RudeBoy
Been liked: 74 times

Post by RudeBoy »

4everpies wrote:
frankiboy wrote:Eddie's carrying on like a spoilt 3 year old. Like we've never tried to poach top players :roll:
Couldn't agree more. Time for the club to take the high moral ground, STFU and get on with what is the best outcome for the club.
I disagree. Eddie actually never mentioned anything about the content of the Cloke negotiations - unlike Cloke's unedifying performance on TFS. All Ed did was make it clear that the club would not be held to ransom by any individual, that the club was bigger than any person, even himself. Then he warned Freo that if they poached Cloke that we would come after their best players. He's perfectly entitled to make that clear. Remember folks, Ed is the club President, it is his job to be our spokesman.
roar
Been liked: 3 times

Post by roar »

RudeBoy wrote: Then he warned Freo that if they poached Cloke that we would come after their best players.
This is the senseless posturing that I think is dumb. Ed is not the list manager, I doubt (hope) Ed has any say in recruiting, at all so it's really just a big bunch of hot air, which is just as well because we saw what happens when clubs react with emotion, rather than sense (richmond in the 80s).
kill for collingwood!
Piesnchess
Has liked: 178 times
Been liked: 72 times

Post by Piesnchess »

With all due respect, Cloke could not shine the boots of the greatest Forward I have ever seen with the Pies, the Great Peter Mckenna. Most accurate and deadly straight kick for goal the Woods have ever had, no doubt. He NEVER missed from any angle, fact.

Just sign Travis, you arent a Mckenna, just sign son.
Poverty exists not because we cannot feed the poor, but because we cannot satisfy the rich.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Magpie Jack

Re: what should cloke do...

Post by Magpie Jack »

WarrenerraW wrote:
i) i don't give a s*** what he does now because i'm so sick to death of hearing about it.
That's me ^
Bob Rose....the measuring stick of humanity
rand corp

Post by rand corp »

The pies have made their final offer, his management hoped for better and now want to squeeze a bit more.

Its now a stand off that could drag on all year.

My concern is that the longer this goes on the more Travis and the club will feel disenchanted with each other.

If he goes for the $$$ so be it, no man is bigger than the club and there will be positives to come out of it.
Piesnchess
Has liked: 178 times
Been liked: 72 times

Post by Piesnchess »

TO use a Chess term, its a classic STALEMATE now. ! Neither wins. sigh.
Poverty exists not because we cannot feed the poor, but because we cannot satisfy the rich.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
RudeBoy
Been liked: 74 times

Post by RudeBoy »

rand corp wrote:The pies have made their final offer, his management hoped for better and now want to squeeze a bit more.

Its now a stand off that could drag on all year.

My concern is that the longer this goes on the more Travis and the club will feel disenchanted with each other.

If he goes for the $$$ so be it, no man is bigger than the club and there will be positives to come out of it.
I agree. But I'll add one thing more. If he drags this thing out much longer so that it distracts or unsettles us during the finals it could cost us a flag. If that happens his name will go down in infamy. As it is, his pathetic smug posturing on TFS makes me want him to phuk off right now.
4everpies

Post by 4everpies »

Was mentioned by Damien Barrett on the Sunday Footy show that Collingwood have offered 4 years at 750, 750, 850, 850.
Cloke wants 850, 850, 850, 850....
so 200K difference over 4 years, not a great issue you would think.

Whether that info is right or not is another matter.