Coaches sacking watch 2013

Use this forum for non-Collingwood related footy topics that don't relate specifically to any of the other forums. For non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar and for non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

jack_spain

Coaches sacking watch 2013

Post by jack_spain »

Well this is surely a record for this thread. A coach on death row after round one!

We've had a terrific success rate over the past couple of seasons, so re-visit this thread as the season unfolds to track the inevitable demise of someone completely out of their depth in the coaches box.

No guesses who it is today. I doubt Mark Neeld will see out the season, especially after the response from fans yesterday.

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/d ... 2h178.html

How Neeld can say he never saw it coming illustrates why he's not up to the job.
What'sinaname
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 9 times

Post by What'sinaname »

A win can change everything. That said, I agree.

Neeld is not senior coach material.

Melbourne are a basket case.

Neeld will likely be sacked midway through this season.
Fighting against the objectification of woman.
mattys123

Post by mattys123 »

Scott Watters at the Saints is under extreme pressure also, that mob at Moorabbin, oops, Seaford won't put up with him for too much longer.

If the Tigers beat them next Friday Night Watters might be sacked after 2 rounds. :o
jack_spain

Post by jack_spain »

What'sinaname wrote:A win can change everything.
And when do you think that will come Borat my friend? On the weekend showings, Melbourne wouldn't have even got within 5 goals of GWS. :lol:

But I understand your point, eventually they will fluke one, and probably on the back of a two goal game from Chris Dawes. :P
Troppo

Post by Troppo »

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
... Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one must be silent ... Wittgenstein
jack_spain

Post by jack_spain »

mattys123 wrote:Scott Watters at the Saints is under extreme pressure also, that mob at Moorabbin, oops, Seaford won't put up with him for too much longer.

If the Tigers beat them next Friday Night Watters might be sacked after 2 rounds. :o
You know you might be right there. The Saints probably have the lowest threshold for coaching patience in the AFL.

Interesting that both these coaches have links to Collingwood 2010. Amazing really. Good deputies but not foremen material?
Piethagoras' Theorem
Been liked: 2 times

Post by Piethagoras' Theorem »

Oh, I thought you were going to say Bucks given your constant sniping this week!
Formally frankiboy and FrankieGoesToCollingwood.
What'sinaname
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 9 times

Post by What'sinaname »

jack_spain wrote:
What'sinaname wrote:A win can change everything.
And when do you think that will come Borat my friend? On the weekend showings, Melbourne wouldn't have even got within 5 goals of GWS. :lol:

But I understand your point, eventually they will fluke one, and probably on the back of a two goal game from Chris Dawes. :P
Did you think the Blues would have beaten us the second time around in 2012? They were coming off a 759 game losing streak and we got pantsed. You can't predict it, but it will happen.

ANNODAM is still correct when s/he says THEY'RE SHIT
Fighting against the objectification of woman.
Fire Up

Post by Fire Up »

my money is for sheedy to be coaching his last season this year. :wink:
swoop42
Been liked: 3 times

Re: Coaches sacking watch 2013

Post by swoop42 »

jack_spain wrote:Well this is surely a record for this thread. A coach on death row after round one!

We've had a terrific success rate over the past couple of seasons, so re-visit this thread as the season unfolds to track the inevitable demise of someone completely out of their depth in the coaches box.

No guesses who it is today. I doubt Mark Neeld will see out the season, especially after the response from fans yesterday.

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/d ... 2h178.html

How Neeld can say he never saw it coming illustrates why he's not up to the job.
Have a read of the comments under the article.

Explains why Melbourne are such a basket case of a club.

What a bunch of private schooled passionless bunch of supporters.
He's mad. He's bad. He's MaynHARD!
swoop42
Been liked: 3 times

Post by swoop42 »

As for Neeld he took over a basket case of a club so deserves to be given time but if they fail to show some improvement on last season then he'll be a goner by years end you'd imagine.

It's only round 1 so don't hang him just yet.
He's mad. He's bad. He's MaynHARD!
AN_Inkling

Post by AN_Inkling »

I think it will be a very quiet year for coach sackings. Other than Neeld and McCarthy (that is the name of the Dogs coach right?), I can't see anyone else coming under too much scrutiny. And both deserve some lee-way given where the clubs were when they took over.

Watters if the Saints had an absolute shocker and finished bottom or near to I guess.

Oh, I missed the obvious one: Hardwick will be gone if the Tigers finish below 9th I think. Time for them to be stepping up.
Well done boys!
rand corp

Post by rand corp »

Neeld and Watters would already be stocking up on razor blades after round one!!!!
jack_spain

Post by jack_spain »

After Hawthorn's 10th loss to Geelong in a row, and a tough season ahead, you'd have to put Clarkson on sacking watch as well.

He's had ten years at Glenferrie and would need to win a flag this season to save his job if you ask me.

Thanks to the way the Suns have developed you would say that Bluey McKenna is safe for the moment.
And

Post by And »

Lets not forget that pretty boy peptide Hird will be under some pressure later in the year.