Judd picked the wrong club

Use this forum for non-Collingwood related footy topics that don't relate specifically to any of the other forums. For non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar and for non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

thebaldfacts

Judd picked the wrong club

Post by thebaldfacts »

Nice article from Gary Lyon.

Best thing is they are still as far away from a flag now as what they were when he first arrived.

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/c ... zqql6.html

:D
think positive
Has liked: 216 times
Been liked: 88 times

Post by think positive »

Ugh, that's a hard read, we could have won 3straight I reckon.

And imaging our free kick count, oh the joy at getting the same or more than the opposition
You cant fix stupid, turns out you cant quarantine it either!
Pies4shaw
Has liked: 59 times
Been liked: 94 times

Post by Pies4shaw »

It's funny that the Wiggles wanted Fevola ahead of Kennedy. The idea of the Blooz holding out to keep BF and giving up their future star centre-half forward seems ridiculous now.
collie dog

Post by collie dog »

Absolutely. But then knowing Judd's karma after leaving WC he'd have sunk our 2010 ship as well.
Rain or hail, I wag my tail
thebaldfacts

Post by thebaldfacts »

think positive wrote:Ugh, that's a hard read, we could have won 3straight I reckon.

And imaging our free kick count, oh the joy at getting the same or more than the opposition
Guess it all depends on what we had to give up to get him. Remember Worsfold saying he wanted Pendles and Cloke so may have lost one of those to bring him over.
MagpieBat

Post by MagpieBat »

thebaldfacts wrote:
think positive wrote:Ugh, that's a hard read, we could have won 3straight I reckon.

Guess it all depends on what we had to give up to get him. Remember Worsfold saying he wanted Pendles and Cloke so may have lost one of those to bring him over.
The deal was apparently Rusling, Thomas and pick 14 (Cameron Wood)...
thebaldfacts

Post by thebaldfacts »

Gee that would have ended up a massive win for us if that went through, especially with the benefit of hindsight. TBH never heard anything as to possible trades other than Worsfold wanting Cloke and Pendles.
Think I recall Judd asking how we would get the deal done and Eddie's response was leave it to us. Guess that Judas didn't want WCE to get screwed out of the deal.
London Dave

Post by London Dave »

With Judd, would we have had cap room for Ball and Jolly?
Deja Vu

Post by Deja Vu »

Nope
Deja Vu

Post by Deja Vu »

I loved Judd when he was at WCE, but if he had of come to us at the expense of Pendles, Daisy or Cloke, I doubt we would have the 2010 flag.
Flashman

Post by Flashman »

Interesting article.

But Gaz didn't mention the elephant in the room.

What if Juddy had've chosen to go to the Melbourne Football Club remembering they were one of his options?

The Blues haven't been world beaters in Judd's time there but they have at least won some games and played finals, Lyons old club has been a total failure, basket case and blight on the game.

Funny how he didn't want to bring up their disgraceful record but understandable as Lyon was involved in more than a couple of the Dees stuff ups.

I reckon Juddy thanks his lucky stars each and every day that he gave the Dees a wide berth.
Pies4shaw
Has liked: 59 times
Been liked: 94 times

Post by Pies4shaw »

But he certainly picked the right time to have a lengthy injury spell.
AN_Inkling

Post by AN_Inkling »

Deja Vu wrote:I loved Judd when he was at WCE, but if he had of come to us at the expense of Pendles, Daisy or Cloke, I doubt we would have the 2010 flag.
Agreed. That premiership was built around a core group all developing and peaking together. Get Judd and it would have been the Carlton model of Judd and his disciples. I know which I prefer. I've felt for a long time that the Blues would have been better without the Judd trade, and I think we were too. Can't say for sure which would have been better in the long run, but I'm definitely happy with the outcome as it stands: 1 premiership for us, no more to Judd and no end to Carlton's misery in sight. I consider that a win, win, win :D.
Well done boys!
Piesnchess
Has liked: 178 times
Been liked: 72 times

Post by Piesnchess »

Judas judd went there for paper bags and the thirty pieces of silver, he was also, like the old man, supposed to deliver an instant flag, and it aint gonna happen. He will piss off back to perth next year, he wont hang around a stinking losing cesspool that it Price fixer park right now.
Poverty exists not because we cannot feed the poor, but because we cannot satisfy the rich.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
regan is true fullback

Post by regan is true fullback »

What you forget about Judd is that you would have to give up something for him. The equivalent of Josh Kennedy in the draft as I recall was Scott Pendlebury. Next we have Ben Reid from the superdraft. Plus our first round pick which was either Cameron Wood or Steele Sidebottom.

So be careful what you wish for. We got Luke Ball from Judd's draft, considerably cheaper.