Post Match - Pies beat Bummers !! All comments here please

Match previews, reviews, reports and discussion.

Moderator: bbmods

Peter

Post by Peter »

Took me nearlly and hour to get out the car park. But it was well worth it. What a bloody fantastic win. May I say won thing to all you Essendon freaks. Enjoy your 1 thats right 1 week in the finals and guess who you can thank for that US. The mighty PIES...
YESTERDAY is history
TOMORROW in a mystery
TODAY IS A GIFT
WHICH IS WHY WE CALL IT THE PRESENT
"Life is meant to be lived";LIVE FOR TODAY
Donny
Has liked: 47 times
Been liked: 24 times

Post by Donny »

WOEY, BUX, JOSH, PEBS and TAZZA.

They kicked 5 of the last 6 goals of the game !!

When the going gets tough .......
Donny.

It's a game. Enjoy it. :D
Proud Pies

Post by Proud Pies »

That would have to be the best game of football I've seen for a long long time. Total nail biting until the final siren. Both teams played an incredible game of football last night, both we pretty even sided, but ...the best team won on the night.........

COLLINGWOOD!!!!!! COLLINGWOOD!!!

Let's not forget the great game played by Johnson either, since the mid season break, he's gone from strength to strength.

FANTASTIC WIN GUYS!!!

WOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOO HOME FINAL!!!
Jacqui © Proud Pies 2003 and beyond
^*Cl|T*^

Post by ^*Cl|T*^ »

Doesn't it make you laugh.

2002 Pies upset victory in QF sends bombers interstate second week of finals.
2003 Pies gutsy victory in Rd 22 sends bombers interstate first week of finals.

I think bomber fans have a feeling of De ja vu!
:lol:
Dark Lord

Post by Dark Lord »

It was indeed one of the best games of football I've seen this year.

Johnson was outstanding. Cloke had an absolute BLINDER! Great performance by Clokey.

Anyone else notice Tarrant basically acting like a midfielder, to force his Full-Back opponent to run with him and tire? Interesting tactics, I think. I mean he get's crucified by the umpires in the goal-square, so why not run around the ground? :)
"There's an old saying in Tennessee, I know it's in Texas, probably in Tennessee, that says, fool me once, shame on... shame on you. Fool me... you can't get fooled again." - Oscar Wilde
Mike
Has liked: 87 times
Been liked: 22 times

Post by Mike »

FANBLOODYTASTIC!!!!

We get to one game in two years and it had to be the game of the century (albeit a very short century) - my luck must be looking up.

Who saw the blue Renault driving around the G before the match and just before the Shaw bros? Guess who was doing a lap of honour in that car?
Mike
Has liked: 87 times
Been liked: 22 times

Post by Mike »

Yep, it was me.

The Renault is the prize in the TAC competition and I hitched a ride around the ground while they were showing it off. It was awesome... you should have seen the look on Joffa's face when I gave him the regal wave as we rolled on by :)
Beth

Post by Beth »

A great arm wrestle of a game and yep the best team won in the end. I thought Cloke played an excellent game in defence. He seemed to be everywhere.
Confucious say " Wheresoever you go, go with all your heart."
nitric

Post by nitric »

Have just finished watching the tape for about the third time.

Cloke awesome.

Woey brilliant with assists and in-and-under stuff.

They were ALL brilliant.

Poor Wakelin cut a lonely figure in the "dug-out". Hope its nothing serious.

The grey clobber they all wear these days makes them look like Confederate soldiers. Just need a Rebel Yell to go with it.

As for the Umps? Whoaaaaaaaaaa.

Forget the numbers for a moment and have a look at the footage. Here's The Rules for Umpires at Collingwood Games:

1. Rioli and Hird are Untouchable. Its actually pointless players even trying to tackle them coz they won't get paid.
2. For those playing Collingwood and running with the ball, just let them keep running to suit themselves. If a Collingwood player is running with the ball, he should bounce it every 2 or 3 steps coz any more and he will be pinged for running too far.
3. Tarrant is simply a target. A target for bumps, knocks, push outs, holding and shepherds. In fact, there is no illegal shepherd/tackle rule when Tarrant is being shepherded, tackled or held. In fact, you can pretty much do anything to Chris and get away with it. And even if he takes a mark on a fast lead, you can rely on someone jumping into him AFTER the mark to take him out. No need to worry about giving him a free. Its up to him to hold onto the mark. Oh, and only pay the ones that he actually and obviously clutches tight. The others don't count.
4. Ignore the tagger on Buckley, he can do no wrong.
5. When there are Stacks-on-the-Mill, if a Collingwood player is on the bottom, he should be penalised. Especially Rocca.
etc
It was pathetic, really.

But a great game in difficult conditions.

Again, MM had the masterstroke, bringing in fresh legs after that dour win in the rain in Sydney.

I hope he has some more Aces to dish out to Brisbane.

Carn the Pies!
Joel

Post by Joel »

Great win. A great way to cap off the H & A season. However, we must not front up against Brisbane. It is redemption time! Smash 'em Pies.
Ed from WA

re

Post by Ed from WA »

the match report is up in the match section if anyone wants to relive the game.

Win next week and we play either skidnee,freo or bombers in a prelim at the G.
Lose and the prelim if we get there will be in SA against pork.

MUST win this week!!!!!!
WhyPhilWhy?
Has liked: 25 times
Been liked: 25 times

Post by WhyPhilWhy? »

When Lloyd took his first mark, some Essenscum near me yelled "here comes the velvet sledgehammer"

Hahahahhaha - more like the polyester tackhammer if you ask me.
Last edited by WhyPhilWhy? on Mon Sep 01, 2003 9:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
MagpieMad

Post by MagpieMad »

lol WPW, Nitric spot on about the umps m8, just B'cos the stats say we had more frees doesn't mean they didn't crusify us, never seen a side throw the ball like the scum do.

Mike m8, I'm stoked you had a great time at the game, you certainly deserve it :) good on ya m8.
Pain heals, Chicks dig scars, Glory..... lasts forever!
stik35

Post by stik35 »

Maggies2003 just because the stats show we got more frees, doesn't mean a thing.

The goal umpires got it wrong at least once, maybe two or three times.
If you bleed black and white you'll never walk alone.
magpie willow

Post by magpie willow »

Yeah the umps shall never get the decisions right on a consistent basis theyre just crap!

But now the Magpies are a better team that even with the umpires giving us a shocking time we can still win!

This is goin to be the year of the magpie everyone do you all have the same feeling as me?
cheers
Will.

CARN THE PIES!!!!