Pre Match QF2 - Pies v. Lions - Sat. night. Comments here.

Match previews, reviews, reports and discussion.

Moderator: bbmods

Clemo

Post by Clemo »

Foxy is right on the money. Magic Davis has gotta come in. He has been playing really well with Willi - deserves a chance. His "good" form has been great this year and if he's switched on could play a blinder. Swan would be the best swap scenario. Ya could call it Davis' last chance for the year.
Go Pies !!!!
punkologist

Post by punkologist »

Clemo wrote:Foxy is right on the money. Magic Davis has gotta come in. He has been playing really well with Willi - deserves a chance. His "good" form has been great this year and if he's switched on could play a blinder. Swan would be the best swap scenario. Ya could call it Davis' last chance for the year.
I agree with that too, neon leon would be a great asset
PeterWH

Post by PeterWH »

Lets look realistically at this game.....we are playing the LIONS on OUR turf on OUR home ground andf on OUR conditions,so what else would we expect.I recon that it will be all over by 3/4 time and the PIES wilkl be on their way to a 2003 GF.
We have a bloke at the Caravan Park who keep saying that you have got to support the PIES with your head and not your heart.....I have a news flash fore hime and its not all good news.
PIES to win and that comes from the HEART as well as the HEAD.
PeterWH VK2FPHR Membership No.248693
PIES FOR PREMIERS.... YEAH WHEN!!!
We missed 2002 to 2009,BUT 2010 was OUR YEAR.. WATCH OUT 2018 here we come.We hope!!
The Prototype

Post by The Prototype »

Going to be a hard game, even with the injuries that Brisbane are suffering from, they will still be a tough side to beat. If we are to go all the way we will need to win this game. Going to have to jump the Lions from the start and keep it going. I am not really sure about us winning the game, but I think we will, just.
scoobydoo
Been liked: 5 times

Post by scoobydoo »

If Wakes plays, then Presti will come in for Swan,if Leon or Molly or Rupe play who will come out?I think Molly to come in for R.Shaw,sine Lonie, Lokan or Williams can play 1/2back.I know Molly hasnt had a great year but his best games have all been @ the "G"
Pied Piper

Post by Pied Piper »

Clemo wrote:Foxy is right on the money. Magic Davis has gotta come in. He has been playing really well with Willi - deserves a chance.
Actually Clemo that was me. Wouldn't want Foxy to cop all the abuse I was anticipating for suggesting Leon comes in :lol: but glad I'm not the only one :D
"The greatest thing that could happen to the nation is when we get rid of all the media. Then we could live in peace and tranquillity, and no one would know anything." - Sir Joh Bjelke-Petersen
David
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 37 times

Post by David »

I just had a look at this week's TV guide and, typically, We in Canberra have to wait until 8:45 to see the game. It's all because of stupid E.T. Everybody's seen that film millions of times anyhow.
Pied Piper

Post by Pied Piper »

If you're north of the Tweed, David, you'd have to sit up until after 11 for the telecast, and that's if Brisbane aren't playing Geelong at the same time (we couldn't get coverage of the Coll-Swans up here on free to air as that was reserved for the clash of third vs 12th or whatever it was). You don't know how lucky you are son!
"The greatest thing that could happen to the nation is when we get rid of all the media. Then we could live in peace and tranquillity, and no one would know anything." - Sir Joh Bjelke-Petersen
peter_pies4ever

Post by peter_pies4ever »

It doesn't matter how good Leon Davis is playing at Williamstown the fact of the matter is his record against Brisbane is very poor and i think Malthouse will not be keen to pick him this week based on his performances against Brisbane in the past.

My changes would be:

In: Prestigiacomo Betheras
Out: Swan Williams
favourites 2008

Post by favourites 2008 »

Rain Rain go away!! Come again on Saturday!! McGough will play!! not rup
TC

If it bleeds we can kill it

Post by TC »

I am looking for assistance here from my fellow Magpie supporters.

Wasn't it one Leigh Mathews that found this quote in the movie Predator and used it against some tough opposition that week a while ago ?

Well time to use it against Mathews I say.

The lion is bleeding lets go and kill it !

CAAARRRN THE PIES !!!
Collingwood 4 ever.
swooper
Has liked: 57 times
Been liked: 4 times

Post by swooper »

I could be wrong, but I think you 'northerners' may be getting the game live. I think it will be shown live into Melbourne if a sell out only. Anyway that was my impression after listening to Andrew Demetriou on the telli the other night :)
Burns4PM

Post by Burns4PM »

peter_pies4ever wrote:It doesn't matter how good Leon Davis is playing at Williamstown the fact of the matter is his record against Brisbane is very poor and i think Malthouse will not be keen to pick him this week based on his performances against Brisbane in the past.

My changes would be:

In: Prestigiacomo Betheras
Out: Swan Williams
I think you're very close there.
Molloy and Davis can't come back against a team they have such poor records against. It is a must win this week, the reward is huge. You don't want players being selected on hope.
The other one I would add is:
McGough in for Walker.
Tex has done ok for 1 game 2 weeks ago but I don't think MM will go tall in the wet at night.
Heath Shepherd

Time for ABBA(Lonie) to fire

Post by Heath Shepherd »

ABBA needs to break out of his unwillingness to receive a handball and run through the middle before dobbing a few from outside 50. This is his strength, and you have to play to your strengths. Gelignite wants to pull his finger out too. He's just been holding his spot I reckon.

Post by AGE »

Burns4PM wrote:...McGough in for Walker.
Tex has done ok for 1 game 2 weeks ago but I don't think MM will go tall in the wet at night.
He did against Sydney in the wet at night and Tex played good too that game.