The "What do we get for Beams?" thread

All trade and draft talk here thanks..... this means you DTM!!!!

Moderator: bbmods

jackcass

Post by jackcass »

themonk wrote:Is Rich over his knee injury?
Should be ready to roll round 1 2015. The question is how long will it take him to regain his former output.
jackcass

Post by jackcass »

Museman wrote:Rourke has done not much more than pick 5 has at this stage :D

Btw if they don't want to let any of the current list go(when did they all become stars???)

Then the best we can do is....Dayne Beams!
Don't know too much about O'Rourke other than he was a P2 in 2012. Certainly hasn't come on as you'd expect and I don't know if there have been injury issues. Appears to be very outside in what I've seen and don't know if that's consistent with his junior footy. Has had 2 years in an AFL system and SHOULD be ready to produce.
John Wren

Post by John Wren »

jackcass wrote:
Museman wrote:Rourke has done not much more than pick 5 has at this stage :D

Btw if they don't want to let any of the current list go(when did they all become stars???)

Then the best we can do is....Dayne Beams!
Don't know too much about O'Rourke other than he was a P2 in 2012. Certainly hasn't come on as you'd expect and I don't know if there have been injury issues. Appears to be very outside in what I've seen and don't know if that's consistent with his junior footy. Has had 2 years in an AFL system and SHOULD be ready to produce.
has been labelled as non-competitive.
Purveyor of sanctimonious twaddle.
OEP

Post by OEP »

qldmagpie67 wrote:With Patful wanting to head to Sydney how about this arrangement.

Patful to GWS Jono Rourke to Lions.
Beams to Lions pick 5 (after Melbourne's compensation pick for Frawley) and Rourke to magpies
Still leaves us with pick 9 for Moore
Maybe the best we can get if they don't want to let any of there current list go.
Would rather see:

Patful and 3rd round pick to Sydney.
Beams and our 3rd round pick to Brisbane.
Pick 4 (5), 24 (25) and Tom Mitchell to the Pies.
A Collingwood supporter since the egg was inseminated.
AN_Inkling

Post by AN_Inkling »

^^Not sure about that one (would be a definite win for us). But this is the kind of deal we'll be looking at with the Lions not wanting to trade a young player. This means it's likely to be completed fairly late.
Well done boys!
Pete 70
Been liked: 15 times

Post by Pete 70 »

Lets do a Mark Williams and just say no. To hell with what Bvegas thinks - pick 4 is fair comp, when a defender from Melbourne s going for pick 3 - faaarc off - premiership player in his prime - dont talk to them, and let their [reputed] $5.3m offer fall over. I would rather have Beams not play for us or them than get legged over. Hell let's get Don Logan as our recruitment manager - spice it up a bit.
Dispatches from a foreign land
burton

Post by burton »

I think picks 4 and 24 would be a fair deal and I think this is what we should ask for. I don't like the Lions but we have to look at things from their perspective for a minute. Trading a young player would render the recruitment of Beams completely pointless. We're not being screwed over, we knew Dayne was a Queenslander when we recruited him and had to know there was a chance he would elect to return at some stage.
Pies4shaw
Has liked: 59 times
Been liked: 94 times

Post by Pies4shaw »

OEP wrote:
qldmagpie67 wrote:With Patful wanting to head to Sydney how about this arrangement.

Patful to GWS Jono Rourke to Lions.
Beams to Lions pick 5 (after Melbourne's compensation pick for Frawley) and Rourke to magpies
Still leaves us with pick 9 for Moore
Maybe the best we can get if they don't want to let any of there current list go.
Would rather see:

Patful and 3rd round pick to Sydney.
Beams and our 3rd round pick to Brisbane.
Pick 4 (5), 24 (25) and Tom Mitchell to the Pies.
That would be a good outcome. The sleeper may be that Brisbane wants to father/son Scott Clayton's lad, so they may not have the second round pick to get it done. I suppose we'll know that by mid-Monday morning, though.
Neil Appleby

Post by Neil Appleby »

burton wrote:I think picks 4 and 24 would be a fair deal and I think this is what we should ask for. I don't like the Lions but we have to look at things from their perspective for a minute. Trading a young player would render the recruitment of Beams completely pointless. We're not being screwed over, we knew Dayne was a Queenslander when we recruited him and had to know there was a chance he would elect to return at some stage.
I'd be extremely upset if Collingwood allowed that sort of trade for Beams.
We get pick 4 (or 5) and a ready-made player or it's no-deal. Whether the ready made mid is from Brisbane or whether it's a multi-club deal I don't care, but we must have a replacement player and a high pick. Pick 24 it crazy talk in my opinion.
After the epic draw comes the decisive knockout!
Collingwood rules the world again and Mick Malthouse fulfils his destiny with the twenty ten premiership and can you hear the people sing!
September Zeros

Post by September Zeros »

burton wrote:I think picks 4 and 24 would be a fair deal and I think this is what we should ask for. I don't like the Lions but we have to look at things from their perspective for a minute. Trading a young player would render the recruitment of Beams completely pointless. We're not being screwed over, we knew Dayne was a Queenslander when we recruited him and had to know there was a chance he would elect to return at some stage.
Why do we need to look at it from their perspective?

We are losing an elite midfielder, top 10 in the entire league. Pick four will be pick 5 and could end up a dud and pick 24 is more likely to do so.

Screw the Brions, and if Daynes heart is set to leaving then as much as I cherish his memory his reasons and choices are irrelevant too.

The pies need to pay hardball here and get what they deserve. Frawley is apparently worth pick 3. So Dayne is not worth as higher pick as frawley according to the brions. Nup stuff em. Offer us some decent candy or "NO DEAL"
No Pressure, No Diamonds

They used to be a happy team at hawthorn.

Post by burton »

Neil Appleby wrote:
We get pick 4 (or 5) and a ready-made player or it's no-deal. Whether the ready made mid is from Brisbane or whether it's a multi-club deal I don't care, but we must have a replacement player and a high pick. Pick 24 it crazy talk in my opinion.
Your mis-perception is two-fold. One in thinking we hold all the cards. He could walk for nothing in twelve months time if we're too greedy. Two in thinking we are an attractive option for any prospective young player. We are the better half of a decade away from our next premiership window opening.
burton

Post by burton »

September Zeros wrote:
Why do we need to look at it from their perspective?

We are losing an elite midfielder, top 10 in the entire league. Pick four will be pick 5 and could end up a dud and pick 24 is more likely to do so.

Screw the Brions, and if Daynes heart is set to leaving then as much as I cherish his memory his reasons and choices are irrelevant too.

The pies need to pay hardball here and get what they deserve. Frawley is apparently worth pick 3. So Dayne is not worth as higher pick as frawley according to the brions. Nup stuff em. Offer us some decent candy or "NO DEAL"
Please take a step into reality. There's a reason why Clark didn't want to join and why Dayne is leaving. Even if the Lions were willing to trade a player why you assume any young player would want to come I'm not sure.

We got the better of the Saints with the Luke Ball situation and if we exhibit the same stubborness they did Dayne will walk in a year for nothing and then what?

The best strategy would be to involve Lumumba leaving in a pick upgrade deal. So we get pick 4 and 24 from the Lions for Beamer and then make 24 a first rounder by trading H.
Wolf

Post by Wolf »

If Shaun Burgoyne was worth two 1st rounders to the Hawks, how is Beams not worth that as well?
I'm not arguing, I'm just explaining why I'm right
RudeBoy
Been liked: 74 times

Post by RudeBoy »

burton wrote:
Neil Appleby wrote:
Your mis-perception is two-fold. One in thinking we hold all the cards. He could walk for nothing in twelve months time if we're too greedy. Two in thinking we are an attractive option for any prospective young player. We are the better half of a decade away from our next premiership window opening.
He can't just walk to the Lions in 12 months time. In a years time, unless Collingwood agrees to trade him to the Lions, his only other option is to nominate for the draft and hope no-one else drafts him. Currently we hold the aces in these negotiations. Put simply, he is contracted to Collingwood so we will only trade him to the Lions if we get a deal we are happy with. If they want him, they have to give us a good deal. Otherwise it's No Deal!
Museman

Post by Museman »

burton wrote:
Neil Appleby wrote:
He could do a knee, he could fall over in the shower, the world could end....he could change his mind!

We'd be an attractive option to good young talent, if nothing else we're a attractive option to a kid who grew up supporting us :D